Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: March 4th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Miami Heat - 15-20

Pelicans March 4th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Miami Heat - 15-20

Another night, another game. Big minutes played by a lot of guys yesterday so don't be too shocked if we see a little more of some bench guys than usual.

Not going to include a huge ton of writing here, we've already played Miami this season, albeit a while back. They're 17-18 with a top 10 defense and a bottom 5 offense, which is an interesting combination and means that at least there's some chance for our D to try and do something about the game if we decide to try. We'll see how that goes.

Jimmy Butler is listed as questionable.
    Basketball.

Basketball Guru
    TNT game...the big lights are on....stan will roll with his 8 man rotation and we will win in impressive fashion......and some of us will be scratching our heads saying whats up with this team lol.....

Bam also questionable

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    TNT game...the big lights are on....stan will roll with his 8 man rotation and we will win in impressive fashion......and some of us will be scratching our heads saying whats up with this team lol.....
    I used to feel like that but now I know they just don’t have energy some nights. When they do, they win.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Bam also questionable
    They are both playing I bet. This is classic #Saintslife #Pelslife stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    They are both playing I bet. This is classic #Saintslife #Pelslife stuff.
    I hope they both play. If we beat a heat team missing their best 2 players we don’t get any better and our draft pick gets worse. I hope they play

Knowing us, Zion will be out and both Bam and Butler will play

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Is the fifth toe the one that went to market or the one that cried all the way home?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Knowing us, Zion will be out and both Bam and Butler will play
    And we will win somehow because that is how the Pellies work

SVG pre-game:

Zion
    - ''He's in there working with Aaron Nelson right now, we're still at the same stage, it's doubtful but you never know. Aaron's a miracle worker so it's always possible.''

How do you adjust without him?
    - ''We don't have the final word so I won't say quite yet.''

They're not afraid to break out into a zone in Miami, what's the key?
    - ''For us the key is not to play around the arc, to try and get the ball inside, and we've had success against the zone all year because we feature getting the ball inside, especially to Zion, so we force the collapse. If Zion doesn't play obviously that becomes more difficult but that's been the thing for us.''

When did Zion's issue show up?
    - ''He's had it before he's just played through it, it's just a minor thing that's been irritating for a while and obviously with so many minutes last night it's been awkward.''

Rebounding well has been part of our identity, thoughts?
    - ''Look, we talked about it after the game last night, for whatever reason and the players can explain whatever they explain, but we didn't bring much to that game. We didn't bring enough, and the rebounding was part of it.''

There is a stark difference between being given playing time, and earning playing time. Fully cognizant that Chicago could have been an outlier, I, nonetheless, believe that JAX' play last night should earn him additional minutes tonight. Maybe we should sit Adams through the All Star Break.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    There is a stark difference between being given playing time, and earning playing time. Fully cognizant that Chicago could have been an outlier, I, nonetheless, believe that JAX' play last night should earn him additional minutes tonight. Maybe we should sit Adams through the All Star Break.
    Couldn’t agree more. His mobility made a huge difference for them on both ends.

So no Zion or Redick.

Bledsoe so trash lol

Watch how they set screens to knock our guys off and how our guys barely touch their guys on screens. We've had this issue for over 5 years.

The Franchise
    Ingram really needs to learn how to pass the fkin ball "on target".. I repeat.. "on target".. Like dam.. smh

The Franchise
    smh..

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    So last night a white guy with a man bun lit us up, and tonight a white guy with a pony tail is lighting is up. What's next?

So far looks like a juggling show for the Pelicans.

This is just ugly lol Jax is too raw for real minutes, Melli isn't an nba player, NAW is too inconsistent. Kira is good, give him more minutes

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    So last night a white guy with a man bun lit us up, and tonight a white guy with a pony tail is lighting is up. What's next?
    Do we got a receding hair line in the coming line up?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Only players worth having out there is Kira and Hart and Kira isn't exactly playing well. He's just showing a lot of potential. NAW and Melli are worthless and can't make anything. Hayes is basically the Scarecrow from Wizard of Oz.

we're into garbage time already...
    Just another Kiwi basking in the reflected glory of Steven Adams....bask bask...

I’m gonna make a list of players that should be traded following this game.

Griffin really screwed up that draft last year except for the obvious #1.

Thread Information