Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: March 3rd - New Orleans Pelicans vs Chicago Bulls - 15-19

If Stan wasn't a recent hire this game would honestly be a fireable offense

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    12 freakin FTs missed. JJ and BI only players to take FTs seriously. Sickening, every other player needs lasik surgery
    I mean honestly, if you look at the stat sheet, there is only 1 main culprit behind those 12 misses.

On the bright side, I like what I saw from JAX late in the fourth. No idea why we can't then have Kira get minutes too, but maybe JAX starts working his way back in the rotation?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Maybe the bulls are a good team now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I mean honestly, if you look at the stat sheet, there is only 1 main culprit behind those 12 misses.
    SHHH!! You can't go there in here.

This is what Jaxson is going to do at this point in his career. It's going to be a roller coaster rn. Same for NAW and Kira. They just needs time. Something PR report doesn't know the meaning of.

But they are all good draft picks and will prove worthy in the coming years.

Basketball Guru
    bulls made their free throws and we miss a few of ours......and again the team turned the defensive switch on in spurts which played a part in this loss...

the heat are a decent team so we should win tomorrow..

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    On the bright side, I like what I saw from JAX late in the fourth. No idea why we can't then have Kira get minutes too, but maybe JAX starts working his way back in the rotation?
    Hard to believe Kira defense is so bad that makes him unplayable considering we are already the worst defense anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Hard to believe Kira defense is so bad that makes him unplayable considering we are already the worst defense anyways.
    Yeah, but, according to Stan, Kira is an awful on-ball defender, so obviously we should be playing two guards equally bad on-ball instead of at least giving a rookie minutes. It makes sense, no really.

It was a fishy comment from Stan to be honest. I think we are just putting Bledsoe and company in the shop window personally. 42 minutes tonight

Kiras defense was the excuse to reroute those minutes back

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    It was a fishy comment from Stan to be honest. I think we are just putting Bledsoe and company in the shop window personally. 42 minutes tonight
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing Griff to keep Bled over Hill

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    bulls made their free throws and we miss a few of ours......and again the team turned the defensive switch on in spurts which played a part in this loss...

the heat are a decent team so we should win tomorrow..
    I dunno. Decent might not meet the threshold.

I wish they were playing the Nets tomorrow...smdh

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing Griff to keep Bled over Hill
    Yeah. It all depends on the value we get for Bled, but damnit I’d rather see our young ones get minutes than guys with absolutely no future here

PLAYING TIME

Bledsoe: 41:50
    Zion: 37:45
    Hart: 33:44
    Redick: 28:15
    Lonzo: 26:25
    BI: 24:53
    Adams: 21:16
    H'Gomez; 14:44
    JAXSON: 11:06

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Yeah. It all depends on the value we get for Bled, but damnit I’d rather see our young ones get minutes than guys with absolutely no future here
    Indeed. Bledsoe at this point has shown his value. He could go hot and rattle off 30 triple doubles, but that will not increase or decrease his value. It is what it is, he is a known quantity, and you could sit him and it wouldn’t move his value one way or the other. He won’t win us any more games than he will lose us.

The Kira and NAW’s of this team need to get more run, because we don’t know what their value is, and they can’t do any worse for us than Bledsoe can, they are unknown quantities, and for all we know we are sitting on the guy who can take us to that next level
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Even though it seems I am alone, I love the progress of this team.

They are now competing night in and night out with just about every team in the league, yup they lose a lot of close games,
    That said, what more did anyone really expect?

A new coach, a short off season, Zion (a 20 year old) as the longest tenured player.
    Only Adams, Redick, and Bledsoe have played more than 4 years in the NBA. 2 of which are probably getting traded.

The inconsistencies are noticeable, boys playing against men is hard, give this group time and let them grow up.
    When they do, with a few changes, this team will be a problem for the entire NBA!
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Another game, another example of guards rolling us. What more can be said about it that hasn't been already? Zero real defensive pride on the team right now, and the we don't have a single legitimate guard defender.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Another game, another example of guards rolling us. What more can be said about it that hasn't been already? Zero real defensive pride on the team right now, and the we don't have a single legitimate guard defender.
    ...or PF defender or SF defender (unless one wants to consider JHart), But, alas, it's all on SVG.

Also, it's been said by a ton of people a ton of times, including myself in the past, but man this team needs a legit shooter. JJ just doesn't have it this year, and guys are happy to completely leave Ingram and Lonzo and co wide open on the 3 point line to help on Zion. There's nobody on this roster that teams fear as a shooter, that they panic to stop. What can you say about 3/13 from 3 from your starting lineup?

And of course, Zion should be upset at himself for missing those FTs. In general he's been improving over the course of the season from the line, and he shot well below his recent standard tonight. Glad to see him spending 40 minutes post-game practicing FTs cause it's just not good enough.

Like, how many open threes would you like to pass up on one possession?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Also, it's been said by a ton of people a ton of times, including myself in the past, but man this team needs a legit shooter. JJ just doesn't have it this year, and guys are happy to completely leave Ingram and Lonzo and co wide open on the 3 point line to help on Zion. There's nobody on this roster that teams fear as a shooter, that they panic to stop. What can you say about 3/13 from 3 from your starting lineup?

And of course, Zion should be upset at himself for missing those FTs. In general he's been improving over the course of the season from the line, and he shot well below his recent standard tonight. Glad to see him spending 40 minutes post-game practicing FTs cause it's just not good enough.
    Hence a Str-e-e-e-e-e-e-tch 5. Especially if the team's "Face" can only score on one level.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Hence a Str-e-e-e-e-e-e-tch 5. Especially if the team's "Face" can only score on one level.
    Trade the farm for Mobley

Trade the farm for Mobley
    Wouldn't say no to that. Love Mobley a lot.

Embarrassment of riches in this draft to be honest. If you can't swing Cade you can probably get Mobley; that's a hell of a consolation prize.

They just put up another 124 points on 55% shooting and we need to find a shooter?

They got back into the game when Chicago stopped scoring....until they started scoring again. I dunno.

I'd say 124 points means a W at least 80% of the time. Unless you can't stop Thaddeus Young from looking like the best 6th man in the NBA. Or Coby forking White.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    They just put up another 124 points on 55% shooting and we need to find a shooter?

They got back into the game when Chicago stopped scoring....until they started scoring again. I dunno.

I'd say 124 points means a W at least 80% of the time. Unless you can't stop Thaddeus Young from looking like the best 6th man in the NBA. Or Coby forking White.
    Obviously the defense is a far higher priority, but it's hard to watch possession after possession after possession where Zion gets triple teamed in the paint because nobody gives a flying **** about any of your perimeter guys who, when they do get the ball, will happily pass on wide open shot after wide open shot.

We have a good offense, especially recently, because Zion is a force of nature and because there's been outlier shooting from guys like Lonzo, but by and large there's a whole lot of empty possessions for this team on offense and it would be quite nice if we could trim them out. One way of doing that is by making the looks we get easier for our key guys - like Zion - and one way of doing that is having someone that they can't just cheat off of to triple team him.

Thread Information