Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline Stuff - [League Wide]

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Bulls give up a TWO "solid" players and TWO 1st round picks for a starting center?

Well how about that again.
    Magic definitely won this trade

I kind of like that for Chicago. They're losing picks, of course, which isn't optimal but pairing Vucevic and Lavine is going to be fun as hell and at some point you do just have to get good players on the roster.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Bulls give up a TWO "solid" players and TWO 1st round picks for a starting center?

Well how about that again.
    An All-Star center who is not an old school back to the basket center though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Grif waited too long?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Grif waited too long?
    Not sure it has anything to do with Griff honestly. If I'm Chicago and I'm sitting on two potential deals, and one nets me Vucevic and the other nets me Lonzo, I go for Vucevic. Nothing to do with Griff, Vooch is just better.

Not sure it has anything to do with Griff honestly. If I'm Chicago and I'm sitting on two potential deals, and one nets me Vucevic and the other nets me Lonzo, I go for Vucevic. Nothing to do with Griff, Vooch is just better.
    And much older and more expensive in way of assets. I think they feel they can still get Ball for cheap. Not sure Griff gives him up for peanuts though.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Lol the pacers have no reason to trade sabonis. They have a nice squad. So keep dreaming Fisher sir.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    And much older and more expensive in way of assets. I think they feel they can still get Ball for cheap. Not sure Griff gives him up for peanuts though.
    They still have another two firsts they can trade of their own, plus guys like White and Lauri.

I'm not that hot on either White or Lauri but they can still be moved, could guys like Thad still theoretically. Could still be making a run at Lonzo if they want.

Sixers appear to be fading from Lowry contention; either Miami has ramped up their offer or LA has managed to get a third team involved, it would seem. That's what would pressure Philly to drop out, I think - someone on Twitter was saying the Raptors were asking for Maxey + Thybulle + 2 FRPs for Lowry, which does seem a bit steep if true.

Quote Originally Posted by ozwego15 View Post
    Interesting!

Nuggets loading up. Adds some reasonable defense and a touch of creation which is cool; wonder what it's costing them?

Quote Originally Posted by ozwego15 View Post
    Hmmmm

Jokic is going to throw Gordon so many lobs

...okay

...okay
    A bit odd that this is what the Bulls are spending their time on if they truly are in on any other big deals (as these are small contracts that can be used as filler if needed).

...okay
    Mind boggling. Gafford isn't a bad player

Ahh, so it cost them Gary Harris!

Honestly that's an upgrade this year. Sucks to see RJ and a firsty go, but Denver are after deep playoffs/finals runs so it's not that huge a deal for them; losing the 27th pick in the draft or whatever isn't a killer.

Real good trade for Denver imo

A bit odd that this is what the Bulls are spending their time on if they truly are in on any other big deals (as these are small contracts that can be used as filler if needed).
    Could be a sign they're largely done, or it could just be that this trade is much easier and quicker to finalise whereas any other moves are larger and take more time. Could be either, really, hard to say for me right now

Ahh, so it cost them Gary Harris!

Honestly that's an upgrade this year. Sucks to see RJ and a firsty go, but Denver are after deep playoffs/finals runs so it's not that huge a deal for them; losing the 27th pick in the draft or whatever isn't a killer.

Real good trade for Denver imo
    Would have thought Magic would have gotten more given how much Gordon was mentioned in deals.

Would have thought Magic would have gotten more given how much Gordon was mentioned in deals.
    Yeah, it seems like Denver really just robbed them, honestly. Got off Harris' contract, found an athletic forward that can probably play alongside Jokic and MPJ at the same time, can do a bit on defense even if he's not great there, and all it cost them was a bad pick, and a mediocre looking rookie.

...inb4 T Ross gets traded lmao

...inb4 T Ross gets traded lmao
    BRUH LMAOOOO

Thread Information