Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline Stuff - [League Wide]

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I think JJ provided a lot of leadership and experience. He's a vocal guy and that alone was needed. Favors and some other Vets seemed too passive to really make a difference they're. Adams is a hard worker but the fit was always strange. Bledsoe I loathe..

Really don't want to move Lonzo. I think he's on the cusp of really breaking through. He's gonna be motivated every night by his brother to be more assertive which is what he's always lacked. When Lonzo is aggressive good things happen.
    I think the FO is surprised at the lack of vocal leadership from Adams. He is a work from example type and think they were sold on a more vocal leader. Not saying that?s bad but we have a young team. If we are going to make lopsided trades for leadership then we need to be sure we are accomplishing leadership.

Personally, i think the vet leadership has sailed. Now we just need to make moves based on fit of what we trying to do. We have Zion, Adams. And Hart for leadership. I think Adams? follow by example leadership style is great. We just need to make moves from now on that make basketball sense. We are good in the leadership dept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Griffin can't get anything going. Full LeBron Puppet Status.

Sign a bunch of contracts done to trade at the deadline.. None of them gets trade.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    lets see what today brings....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post

Personally, i think the vet leadership has sailed. Now we just need to make moves based on fit of what we trying to do. We have Zion, Adams. And Hart for leadership. I think Adams? follow by example leadership style is great. We just need to make moves from now on that make basketball sense. We are good in the leadership dept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree about Adams and Hart, I think that's a good starting point for vet leadership, at the ripe old age of 26 and 27. They both lead by example in the area where this team has been the worst, toughness, effort and consistency. Their leadership in that department is slowly rubbing off on the younger guys I think, but we'll see.
    Just another Kiwi basking in the reflected glory of Steven Adams....bask bask...

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    lets see what today brings....
    Most trades happen in that final stretch for most teams in most years anyway.

Lots of smoke over the last few days. Let's find out if there's any fire.

From what I've heard a lot of it is kind of being held up by the Raptors. Lots of teams have guys like Lowry as their priority with other guys as a backup plan, and nobody can really pull the trigger on their backups until they know what's happening with Lowry and the Raptors seem determined to wait until the 11th hour.
    Basketball.

And so it begins

This deal feels fine for Denver and Cleveland both. Neutral to me.

Well.... Vucevic just got traded to Chicago!!!!....

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    Wow, that came out of nowhere. Gotta think Magic blow everything up now.

Before they even traded Aaron gordon... That's interesting for sure. Well Lonzo to Chicago is looking real dim. Unless we're just taking back, Lauri and a filler player.

Leaves you to wonder what return we would be getting...

That means Lonzo not going to Bulls. Wonder what happened if they pulled back?

Disreguard looks like Bulls still in on Lonzo

With Magic obviously blowing it up, could Ross be available for relatively cheap?

If we trade Lonzo for Markennan I'd be sick.. We'd be crazy to resign Markennan. So Lonzo would basically be dumped.

I wonder if Orlando would do Bledsoe, JJ and a couple 2nds for Porter

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ozwego15 View Post
    I would stick my nose in there if I could....

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    I wonder if Orlando would do Bledsoe, JJ and a couple 2nds for Porter
    Highly doubt it. Porter is an asset cause he's an expiring contract.

Sixers close to Lowry Source: No neck on espn

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    If we trade Lonzo for Markennan I'd be sick.. We'd be crazy to resign Markennan. So Lonzo would basically be dumped.
    Yeah. However, our expectations need to be moderate. Lonzo isn't a top 50 commodity. So I wouldn't be surprised if we find a way to trade Bledsoe and Lonzo centered around Lauri. Id be down for that. We don't HAVE to resign him.

Highly doubt it. Porter is an asset cause he's an expiring contract.
    Only until the end of today. He becomes a FA at year end.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

This deal feels fine for Denver and Cleveland both. Neutral to me.
    So Denver gave up a "solid player" and future 2nd rounders for a backup center?

Well how about that.

Bulls give up a TWO "solid" players and TWO 1st round picks for a starting center?

Well how about that again.

Thread Information