Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline Stuff - [League Wide]

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    This. If this is the way we're going, I'm not expecting more than a mid FRP or second rounders and filler players. I'm curious to see who it is though.
    It allows you to play and develop NAW and Lewis Jr. the rest of the season to get them ready for a bigger role next season. It allows capspace to go after the plethora of spacers in free agency. In the grand scheme of things, it's addition by subtraction.

I'm legit convinced a trade is definitely happening. You're telling me Lonzo is "conveniently" out for an injury 4 days prior to the trade deadline? Call me paranoid. I'm just ready to refresh and start with a clean slate with Kira and NAW.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    I'm legit convinced a trade is definitely happening. You're telling me Lonzo is "conveniently" out for an injury 4 days prior to the trade deadline? Call me paranoid. I'm just ready to refresh and start with a clean slate with Kira and NAW.
    Please God let it be true

Kira/NAW/Ball should be our main 3 guard rotation, I know the idea of giving Lonzo a massive deal is daunting but he's improved so much I'd hate to trade him for nothing and have him become a top 10 3pt shooter in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Kira/NAW/Ball should be our main 3 guard rotation, I know the idea of giving Lonzo a massive deal is daunting but he's improved so much I'd hate to trade him for nothing and have him become a top 10 3pt shooter in the league.
    You have to wonder if he wants to stay here after what Fred Vinson has done helping with his three point shot. I mean he went up 6 or 7 percent in one season. If he is even just 3 and D that is worth $20M in my opinion. He can also pass really well in transition which is what SVG wants if they are based on turnovers.

Tough decision really. Do you trade him now and get assets for a Beal or Lavine splash? That?s really the only reason i see to not give him $20M. That?s a gamble. You can?t depend on the draft and there is nobody else touchable that can provide what he does at a young age.

If it starts getting into the $25-$28 range then you really have to halt the brakes. We have to get Hart back on this team. He means more than stats. He was all in from day one and really might not be a visible leader to fans but his attitude is contagious. He is our glue guy. We might not be able to retain him if Zo asks for superstar money.

That $5M or so difference will make a huge difference in filling out our bench also. We still need a legitimate sixth man to round out the roster( that isn?t Center). Hart has the potential to be that sixth man but until then he is our glue guy.

I want this so bad! Not sure if any team is dumb enough to accept Bled b4 the deadline

JJ's contract is coming off the books and the salary cap is going up next year. I'm cool giving Lonzo 20 million. Some other guards are able to swindle 14-18 out of teams. I'm just worried about some dumb team giving him the max that we won't match. We have to keep talent on this team because we won't get them via Free Agency.
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

The point of trading him now is you most certainly are trading at a high point. So how would you trade him for nothing? He's not Bledsoe.

Just look at espn. They've been talking about him a lot.

As much smoke there is around a Ball trade, I have doubts as to whether it happens. If the leaks are true, the Pels are demanding Bledsoe be taken if a team wants Ball. May be difficult.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    How badly do we wanna dump Bledsoe? Ball needs to go. Bledsoe needs to go. I fear we won’t trade either.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar

Pels can’t pay someone to take Bledsoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Pels can’t pay someone to take Bledsoe.
    Absolutely not, I agree.

If you can't find any place for him for now, just keep him and move him in the offseason. There's only like 30 games left or whatever and as much as he sucks there's no requirement for us to give him hefty minutes. More teams will be available as options in the offseason, especially as his contract becomes effectively an expiring; no reason to attach picks to that.
    Basketball.

To be fair, that report doesnt have full context. They are offering Bledsoe and picks for USEFUL players. Not just expirings in a dump.

I know they have offered Bledsoe and a first for Nance and McGee (who they'd buy out), for instance. Bledsoe has been a part of Gordon discussions.

It is not Bledsoe and picks for nothing
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    To be fair, that report doesnt have full context. They are offering Bledsoe and picks for USEFUL players. Not just expirings in a dump.

I know they have offered Bledsoe and a first for Nance and McGee (who they'd buy out), for instance. Bledsoe has been a part of Gordon discussions.

Yeah, that is a huge difference.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    That makes a ton of difference.

It only takes one team to pull the trigger. Man, someone needs to have a scare tonight. Not someone getting hurt, but just a bad beatdown that makes an owner meddle or something.

Sounds to me like there may be a certain price that the Pels have in mind, either based on something like the Chicago offer or just set anyway, that ATL have baulked at.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

Ditto

Man... Is Bledsoe that toxic that we can't ride him out on the bench and move him next year?

JJ buyout incoming

Yeah I’d be highly upset if they just added a pick just to get rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Man... Is Bledsoe that toxic that we can't ride him out on the bench and move him next year?
    I wonder if he is telling them he wants to play. Maybe if they can’t move him, then he just takes a back seat

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    That is something I have been concerned about for quite some time. Thankfully, we are clearing the slate and playing guys like Kira, NAW and Hayes that bring energy to the game. One bad influence isn’t going to spoil the whole bunch in this regard. I’d be worried if the likes of JJ and Willy were still seeing minutes as that could go south real quick. Those 3 have been a good influence since coming into the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

JJ buyout incoming
    Consider that a wasted signing.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Consider that a wasted signing.
    Nah, it was fine. He was good for us last year and it wasn't like we had a bevy of other FAs we could have gone with instead beating down our door. Didn't cost us anything long term, had a productive year. Not going to retire the jersey or anything but it's far from a horrid overall time as a Pel imo

Thread Information