Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Trade Deadline Stuff - [League Wide]

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I mean, it doesn't actually matter. Aldridge and Griffin are both names but they're no longer elite tier players. The actual value they provide to a team, particularly in the playoffs, at this point is pretty low.
    I don?t believe this to be that True. I think you are underestimating the power of being on a championship contender. Both of them will be much better than they were for their old teams, where they were just coasting. It?s an entirely different ball game and quite frankly pathetic for the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I don?t believe this to be that True. I think you are underestimating the power of being on a championship contender. Both of them will be much better than they were for their old teams, where they were just coasting. It?s an entirely different ball game and quite frankly pathetic for the league.
    I don't think they're very good anymore, and when the playoffs really kick in I doubt either of them will be heavy minutes getters. Neither of them have it anymore. Aldridge is worse than Griffin as he's actually just flat out immobile at this point whereas Griffin is just heavily slowed, but if they're getting real minutes in the playoffs they will be more harm than good against good teams. Easy matchups to hunt, and that's on a Nets team that's already got defensive issues.
    Basketball.

I don't think they're very good anymore, and when the playoffs really kick in I doubt either of them will be heavy minutes getters. Neither of them have it anymore. Aldridge is worse than Griffin as he's actually just flat out immobile at this point whereas Griffin is just heavily slowed, but if they're getting real minutes in the playoffs they will be more harm than good against good teams. Easy matchups to hunt, and that's on a Nets team that's already got defensive issues.
    You really are trying to be disingenuous and discredit the sum of the whole roster of what the Nets did. Griffin and Aldridge may not be elite, but they aren't trash. They would be best bench player we can ever attain and immediately improve our roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    You really are trying to be disingenuous and discredit the sum of the whole roster of what the Nets did. Griffin and Aldridge may not be elite, but they aren't trash. They would be best bench player we can ever attain and immediately improve our roster.
    I don't think it's disingenuous at all. It reminds me heavily of when the Cavs picked up a washed D Wade a few years ago and there were a ton of people crowing in the media about how LBJ and Wade were back together and it was so magical and the chemistry and then actually outside of a few solid games Wade was really awful for them because he was washed and it turns out when you're old, washed, and heavily injured with legs made of chalk you don't magically become healthy and 26 again just because you signed somewhere else.

If you try and play Aldridge and Griffin heavy minutes against, say, Milwaukee, you're getting absolutely melted on the inside.

Last edited by Pelicanidae; 03-27-2021 at 06:57 PM.

Wonder where he'll end up. LA maybe.

Oh hey

Well it looks like we will see how a potential AD & Drummond front court looks like. Other than Lillard I was hoping Drummond would fall to us in that draft to give us a twin tower combo back in the day. It?s unreal how the Lakers & Nets can add guys like Drummond, Griffin, & Aldridge for nothing mid season. Those two teams were the obvious favorites to reach the Finals before these moves, but now it?s almost a guarantee IMO. Unless it backfires ruining team chemistry or they have key injuries

Can’t believe no ones picked up Cousins yet. He likely ruined his chances with the Nets with what he said about Harden. The Knicks should pick him up for sure now that Robinson has a broken foot. Plus he has experience playing with Randle here
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 03-28-2021 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Can’t believe no ones picked up Cousins yet. He likely ruined his chances with the Nets with what he said about Harden. The Knicks should pick him up for sure now that Robinson has a broken foot. Plus he has experience playing with Randle here
    Nobody has picked COusins up because he's washed and terrible.

And he never played with Randle. Cousins was in NOLA during the 2016-17 and 2017-18 seasons, Randle didn't come to the team until the 2018-19 season.

Thread Information