Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline Stuff - [League Wide]

Only bright side to this is, we have 2 FRP's and 3 SRP's this draft, Wes Iwundu and Johnson could be pretty decent backup defenders/players, a sign and trade trade for Lonzo is still in play, or we can keep this nucleus and see how it grows with our additional picks.

Also with lonzo staying out with the Hip injury, this will give our younger a guys some major burn to see how they compete. I expect Naji Marshall and Wes Iwundu(maybe) to get a big tryout on the team. I'd say Lonzo is gonna be out for a least 2 weeks. Thats what I'm guessing though
    Last edited by hornetzplaya; 03-25-2021 at 05:00 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Oh cool. Now I can obsess about Wes Iwudu’s potential.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    Only bright side to this is, we have 2 FRP's and 3 SRP's this draft, Wes Iwundu and Johnson could be pretty decent backup defenders/players, a sign and trade trade for Lonzo is still in play, or we can keep this nucleus and see how it grows with our additional
    Two 1sts this draft? Unless the Lakers fall off a cliff and only win 5 more games, pretty sure that'll be next draft not this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Damage control. I'm actually livid af. But I gotta remain optimistic..... I'm done with this season

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Two 1sts this draft? Unless the Lakers fall off a cliff and only win 5 more games, pretty sure that'll be next draft not this one.
    My mistake

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    So nobody want Lonzo? Is this good or bad?
    I thought it was that no one wanted to pay the amount that the Pelicans wanted for him.

Jalen Lecque and Mfiondu Kabengele are two young guys I wish the Pelicans would consider as they were waived. Lecque is a guard and 20 years old and Kabengele is a power forward and I believe he is 21.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    Jalen Lecque and Mfiondu Kabengele are two young guys I wish the Pelicans would consider as they were waived. Lecque is a guard and 20 years old and Kabengele is a power forward and I believe he is 21.
    We are this close to the luxury tax. We can't even re-sign Sindarius Thornwell without going over the cap. Right now we're probably not signing anyone, of any age, even if they were good.

Also Kabengele is nearly 24 (he's 23 and 250 days or so, I think)
    Basketball.

According to the local DFW radio sports guys... Wes Iwundu is a great defender. I've seen him knock down a few jumpers too. If he can give us ANY offense I think it'll be lagniappe... but he's a defender first.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    According to the local DFW radio sports guys... Wes Iwundu is a great defender. I've seen him knock down a few jumpers too. If he can give us ANY offense I think it'll be lagniappe... but he's a defender first.
    I wouldn't describe him as a great defender; he's pretty solid but he's not a lockdown guy or an off-ball wizard or anything.

His shooting is very come-and go. He's had season where he shot about 37% from 3, but he's a career 30% guy from downtown and it's never been on significant enough volume to really know. Good FT shooter though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I wouldn't describe him as a great defender; he's pretty solid but he's not a lockdown guy or an off-ball wizard or anything.

His shooting is very come-and go. He's had season where he shot about 37% from 3, but he's a career 30% guy from downtown and it's never been on significant enough volume to really know. Good FT shooter though.
    Yeah, he's basically a project with hopes of becoming a bench defender. He's a very low risk tryout.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Yeah, he's basically a project with hopes of becoming a bench defender. He's a very low risk tryout.
    I'd be mildly surprised if he got minutes, honestly.

So I guess the thing with Lonzo going forward is do the New York Knicks do a typical Knicks thing and offer Ball a ridiculously high contract that we'd be fools to match.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    So I guess the thing with Lonzo going forward is do the New York Knicks do a typical Knicks thing and offer Ball a ridiculously high contract that we'd be fools to match.
    Bulls will also still have something like $25m in cap space, more if they decide to renounce cap holds. They were apparently in talks with the Pels for the full week leading up to the deadline.

Hornets, too, will have about $30m in cap space. Do they want to unite the Ball brothers?

Teams will have the opportunity and the means to offer him $20m+ if they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by ozwego15 View Post
    Wonder where he'll end up. LA maybe.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    That's where he said he wanted to go (Lakers) and he's been working out in L.A.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    That's where he said he wanted to go (Lakers) and he's been working out in L.A.
    He's not a superstar or anything, his progression stunted hard, but if any context can unlock him it's going to be only having to be the third best player *at most* in any lineup, next to LeBron as a passer.

Dallas fans say he's terrible

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Dallas fans say he's terrible
    Sure, what do we say about Melli? And how many have talked bad about JJ? I think he is simply a player they are taking a flyer on.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Sure, what do we say about Melli? And how many have talked bad about JJ? I think he is simply a player they are taking a flyer on.
    I'm ambivalent with the trade, just happy to see any action at all really

lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

lmao
    Player Empowerment for you.

People worry about our talent level when in 5 or 6 years. If Zion ain't forming a super team. It really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Nets paying a $100 million luxury Tax. It's safe the say NBA really lack check and balances that constantly enables dynasties and large market deep pockets to just buy championships.

I mean, it doesn't actually matter. Aldridge and Griffin are both names but they're no longer elite tier players. The actual value they provide to a team, particularly in the playoffs, at this point is pretty low.

Thread Information