Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline Stuff - [League Wide]

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    James Johnson? Really?

''We're all about the quality of people, about building a family, having the right people'' says Griff as he trades for James Johnson of all people.
    He's expiring so they might just buy him out.

Johnson is just a tough vet presence. I dont hate the move
    SIGN A SF

So nobody want Lonzo? Is this good or bad?

James Johnson? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    So nobody want Lonzo? Is this good or bad?
    As long as this Hip injury isn't as bad as we think it is, and he comes back and plays consistently as he's been playing. I wouldn't worry too much cause a sign and trade is still good. Otherwise, if he doesn't perform well, he can be signed for less than 18M or still S&T.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    A bit familiar with Johnson. Not familiar with Iwundu.

If this solidifies minutes for NAW then I'm happy with it honestly.
    it says iwundu is 6'6 with a 7'1 wingspan......hell if he can play defense then sit bledsoe and let iwundu get a few mins....

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I hope so.

We have a team that is, by and large, made up of good guys who I feel positive about rooting for, even if I don't really love every single one of them as a player.

James Johnson is not that.
    Basketball.

We gave Dallas Melli too? Wow just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Instead of buying out JJ, with the trade the Pels (a) can buyout Johnson for less if he doesn't work out, (b) get rid of Melli and his contract and (c) get a young guy for a low-cost tryout. Dallas gets mini-Jet and mini-Dirk. Win-Win.

Am I missing something or just confused?

Why is Bledsoe still here ? Take cash considerations, a Snickers bar anything to dump him!

Lol

I wonder what Lonzo’s dad thinks of all this? Looks like we will match anything thrown at him this summer. He is stuck here.

I hope so.

We have a team that is, by and large, made up of good guys who I feel positive about rooting for, even if I don't really love every single one of them as a player.

James Johnson is not that.
    All I can find is a domestic situation where his ex-wife alleged he slapped and choked her. Report says they were both drinking and fighting. This was way back in 2014.

Domestic situations are volatile and often devolve into he said/she said. Both parties lie.

If that's all it was, I'm not going to bury the man's character based on that. I personally don't know either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    If that's all it was, I'm not going to bury the man's character based on that. I personally don't know either of them.
    You can take whatever perspective you wish to, I'm not fighting over it. I just won't be rooting for him for a moment.

You can take whatever perspective you wish to, I'm not fighting over it. I just won't be rooting for him for a moment.
    If you can't root for him, you can't root for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Lol

I saw that, too.

I don't want to see Bledsoe for the rest of the year. NAW needs to start over him with Kira off the bench. I'm actually happy we kept Lonzo. I think we can continue to develop him. I don't see anyone grossly overpaying him.
    "..but there's Baron dribbling the ball for 20 seconds, hoisting bad 3s and single-handedly killing them in close games. It's like somebody shrunk Antoine Walker and gave him his own team."
    - Bill Simmons (2006)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Basketball Guru
    if we keep johnson, i think he is the type of dude who will get in bledsoe and others face for not playing hard.....one of those no nonsense dudes...

Bledsoe must be benched.

Lineup

PG: Ball/Lewis
    SG: NAW/Bledsoe/Thornwell
    SF: Ingram/Hart/Iwundu
    PF: Williamson/Johnson/Gabriel
    C: Adams/Hayes/Hernangomez
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 03-25-2021 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    if we keep johnson, i think he is the type of dude who will get in bledsoe and others face for not playing hard.....one of those no nonsense dudes...
    So, we trading for energy while we built like Texas Power Grid below freezing.

Quote Originally Posted by ozwego15 View Post
    I guess they did it. Rondo for Lou.

OK so we may not win the chip this year, but ... we will win the barfight.
    Just another Kiwi basking in the reflected glory of Steven Adams....bask bask...

Thread Information