Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: March 1st - New Orleans Pelicans VS Utah Jazz - 14-19

Game's over, we win by 5.

Zion finishes with 29/10/5 on 59% shooting
    Ingram had 26/4/5 on 55% shooting
    Lonzo had 23/7/8 on 56% shooting
    Redick with 17 points on 63% shooting, including 75% from 3 (3/4)
    Basketball.

Not one turnover by our starting guards!!

RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    Well guy's, we did win! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Game's over, we win by 5.

Zion finishes with 29/10/5 on 59% shooting
    Ingram had 26/4/5 on 55% shooting
    Lonzo had 23/7/8 on 56% shooting
    Redick with 17 points on 63% shooting, including 75% from 3 (3/4)
    Turnovers?

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Josh Hart deserves to start.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    I don't understand this team from game to game.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Like seriously. I've been gone a bit. But I'm thinking....well....they've had a few months of him shooting great from three and an insane increase from FT%....surely they've eating some crow and grown a bit. But nope. Still naysaying.
    Pretty much all of the conversation in this thread about Lonzo is positive. I, and some others, have said tonight was one of his best games of the year. Most people (again, including me) are saying that if he can keep this up he deserves to be paid up to $18m a year: this from people who, like myself, thought he wasn't even worth $14m max at the start of the year. Everyone is being positive about him right now. The only question is consistency.

Not sure why you're up on your high horse when your take is literally as common as mud right now.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Turnovers?
    13 TOs. Six by Zion, 4 by BI.

Do What?!?! Beat the freaking Jazz!! Man we might just have to pay Ole Lonzo with the way he?s playing lately. When I?m saying get the ball to Lonzo at the end of games, something I thought would never leave my lips, than you know the kid is balling out of control

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    It's the Pelicans way...

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    13 TOs. Six by Zion, 4 by BI.
    He knows, he's just a troll. If I had listed the turnovers he'd be like ''AND HOW MANY MISSED ROTATIONS!?!?!?''

Clownshoes character.

Uffff.... It was close at the end.... But all around - nice Win guys!

Notice how our defense didn’t fall apart in the 1st and 3rd when our guards did the bare minimum defensively.

He knows, he's just a troll. If I had listed the turnovers he'd be like ''AND HOW MANY MISSED ROTATIONS!?!?!?''

Clownshoes character.
    He is a multi and obviously one that you rubbed the wrong way. I wonder who?

good win by the team tonight

Beat the Jazz, scored 129, and only made 7 three pointers. Good things happen when you hold a team to 45% shooting.

If only Lonzo could raise his floor. His ceiling games are great.

We're not signing a superstar, that's for sure. We just never do, no reason to think it would start now even if we had the money.

My answer with resigning Lonzo comes down to, as it always does, how much?

$14-$16m? Sure, especially if he keeps this play going, or something relatively close to it.

$20-$25m, as some people have suggested? No sir.
    I?d go 20 tops, that?s my limit.

Also I think it’s just amazing that Lonzo can hit FTs now

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Beat the Jazz, scored 129, and only made 7 three pointers. Good things happen when you hold a team to 45% shooting.

If only Lonzo could raise his floor. His ceiling games are great.
    First time a team has won a game taking 11 3PAs or fewer since 2017 (when Minnesota beat Portland, going 4/9 from 3).

The first time a team has hit 129 points while taking only 11 3PAs since [I think] 2011.

First time any team has scored 70 points in the paint on the Jazz in 25 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    It’s effort related. Little things like movement off the ball, being there for help and not getting beat every time on the screen. We do the bare minimum and we are a much better team. We don’t do it often

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    First time a team has won a game taking 11 3PAs or fewer since 2017 (when Minnesota beat Portland, going 4/9 from 3).

The first time a team has hit 129 points while taking only 11 3PAs since [I think] 2011.

With the 2 Time Defensive Player of the Year manning the middle. Pretty big deal right there.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    It’s effort related. Little things like movement off the ball, being there for help and not getting beat every time on the screen. We do the bare minimum and we are a much better team. We don’t do it often
    Point in case: we have beat Milwaukee, Clippers, Suns, and Jazz so far this season, as well as pulling off a huge comeback against Boston (who are not great this year, but are still a pretty solid team). We have also been mauled by Detroit, Dallas, Sacramento, Chicago, Houston, and Minnesota.

We have a really annoying habit of playing down to bad competition and playing up against good teams. We have a kind of lackadaisical nature against bad teams where we just kind of walk in and try to cruise, and we're flat out not good enough to do that. So we try and get hammered.

This is the way.
    Just another Kiwi basking in the reflected glory of Steven Adams....bask bask...

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Also I think it’s just amazing that Lonzo can hit FTs now
    Lonzo look like he did like last February and March. He's a still very much rhythm player and still developing consistency. Going forward if the only thing we have to worry about is him taking a month to get going in the season and him improving his one on one defense. He's a 20 mm player that still pretty moveable if he doesn't improve to his ceiling potential.

Thread Information