Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: March 1st - New Orleans Pelicans VS Utah Jazz - 14-19

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    So, If Lonzo become a play that takes a month to get going as a shooter... Do you bet on his potential to grow into a good defender and resign him? Looking at FA... I don't really see us hauling a big Superstar outside of maybe a trade...

We can always hold on and trade him down the road. His value is just gonna increase unless we can find a really trade for a Superstar now... Which I don't think there is any on the market...
    We're not signing a superstar, that's for sure. We just never do, no reason to think it would start now even if we had the money.

My answer with resigning Lonzo comes down to, as it always does, how much?

$14-$16m? Sure, especially if he keeps this play going, or something relatively close to it.

$20-$25m, as some people have suggested? No sir.
    Basketball.

cough ... pay lonzo..cough
    Just another Kiwi basking in the reflected glory of Steven Adams....bask bask...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We're not signing a superstar, that's for sure. We just never do, no reason to think it would start now even if we had the money.

My answer with resigning Lonzo comes down to, as it always does, how much?

$14-$16m? Sure, especially if he keeps this play going, or something relatively close to it.

$20-$25m, as some people have suggested? No sir.
    Unused Salary don't really matter to me. If it makes him undumpable.. That matters to me. I think $19 million is my comfort ceiling.

Zion came back into the game with 7:54 left in the 4th. There's 1:35 left and he's taken ZERO shots.

Unused Salary don't really matter to me. If it makes him undumpable.. That matters to me. I think $19 million is my comfort ceiling.
    I think if he kept something similar to his current level of play (like, within 10% or so of this) until the end of the year I would be okay with stretching up to $18m depending on the length of the deal and other details (team/player option stuff, increasing or decreasing, flat rate, guaranteed money, etc). Not a chance on more than $20m though: for me you just don't commit that much to one guy unless you're either certain that they're a key part of your entire future, or if you're a high level team that relies on them to take you over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Zion came back into the game with 7:54 left in the 4th. There's 1:35 left and he's taken ZERO shots.
    Yeah, we're the Pelicans so we do that. It's fine though for now cause we're winning.

Yeah, we're the Pelicans so we do that. It's fine though for now cause we're winning.
    We were up by 17. We're now up by 5.

We were up by 17. We're now up by 5.
    ...Yes, which means we're still winning.

I honestly don't care if we win by 50 or by 1, a win is a win.

There have been a bunch of massive mistakes in terms of execution, process, rotations, etc, late in this game. But I never expected to win anyway, so just seeing the guys keep it close is fine with me. Obviously a loss now would suck, but it would be no surprise and I'm not gonna sulk over it.

Lonzo giving up open lanes in the clutch again... Ughhhh

How is that not a foul on Zion...

Just to clarify what some of those errors are, in my view:

- As always, way too long with Zion on the floor without giving him looks
    - Why is Bledsoe spending so much time in, should be Hart
    - Why have Adams in late rather than Hernangomez when Adams is sub 50% from the line so far this year?
    There's the big three in my view

Where's JJ coach? He's played well tonight.

...Yes, which means we're still winning.

I honestly don't care if we win by 50 or by 1, a win is a win.

There have been a bunch of massive mistakes in terms of execution, process, rotations, etc, late in this game. But I never expected to win anyway, so just seeing the guys keep it close is fine with me. Obviously a loss now would suck, but it would be no surprise and I'm not gonna sulk over it.
    Wrong way to look at it. At this point, this is a confidence builder. You don't blow a 17 point lead in the final 8 minutes and just say "good game. we kept it close". That's f'd up.

We suck at closing which is why we should try everything possible to pair CP3 with BI and Zion this summer.

What was that Hart/Zion substitution lmao Jesus Christ

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Groundhog Day.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Wrong way to look at it. At this point, this is a confidence builder. You don't blow a 17 point lead in the final 8 minutes and just say "good game. we kept it close". That's f'd up.
    That’s the NBA nowadays. 7 years ago... Blown leads weren't this wild. There is a blown lead every night now.

Don't say that they gonna lose this one...

You do when half of it is beyond control anyway. Like what can I do, it's not like I can call SVG up and complain to him about rotations is it?

Sick and tired of being in a bad mood about this team at this point. We suck, at some point you've just got to suck it up and get on with it and not sweat the stupidity. Of course we messed up, we're the Pelicans, we stink and we do stupid things. Oh well, at least it was a fun ride.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    This team is so dumb in the final two minutes.

You do when half of it is beyond control anyway. Like what can I do, it's not like I can call SVG up and complain to him about rotations is it?

Sick and tired of being in a bad mood about this team at this point. We suck, at some point you've just got to suck it up and get on with it and not sweat the stupidity. Of course we messed up, we're the Pelicans, we stink and we do stupid things. Oh well, at least it was a fun ride.
    Yeah... The emotional assness really got to stop here. And I'm willing to say that I got to get better about it after an L too.

SVG is a huge fan of this ''sub Zion out for defense thing'' but he keeps forgetting that when you then continue to leave Ingram and Bledsoe out there, your defense still has big glaring holes in it, and it's not like subbing Zion out for D has ever really worked.

It's just stupid, but he insists on doing it. Oh well.

Well that made me poop.

And you guys are STILL discussing Lonzo? Lol

That dude has made so many look like fools. But they're still going. Good lord.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Yeah... The emotional assness really got to stop here. And I'm willing to say that I got to get better about it after an L too.
    I'm trying to channel my inner Jon Bois and the Seattle Mariners here.

Like seriously. I've been gone a bit. But I'm thinking....well....they've had a few months of him shooting great from three and an insane increase from FT%....surely they've eating some crow and grown a bit. But nope. Still naysaying.

L

O

L

Thread Information