Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: March 1st - New Orleans Pelicans VS Utah Jazz - 14-19

Quote Originally Posted by KoMikaera View Post
    Yeah it's like he's penalised for being too dominant.
    Shaq'd

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Couldn't be more accurate though.

He's currently number one in the entire NBA in 2pt field goals made and attempted, he takes nearly 16 shots in the paint per game, but he's averaging fewer FTAs than Trae Young who just baits and grifts all game?

The only two guys who roughly match Zion in volume at the rim are Embiid and Giannis, and both of those guys average over 10FTAs a game. Zion's at 8. What gives?
    Hasn?t learned to flop yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well officiating in the NBA is really the worse part of the NBA. It has been bad and bad for a long time, and it seems to be getting worse.

I hate hearing the bs about star treatment and crap like that. A foul is a foul whether it is committed by a star or to a star or by a scrub or to a scrub. Call it down the line the same for everyone.

The other thing that kills me and this has been the same for the over 30 year of me watching this game, is when refs just assume there is a foul so they call one, instead of actually seeing it and calling it. That drives me crazy more than anything with these idiots.

I can understand missed calls where someone was fouled and the ref didn?t see it, so didn?t call it. I?m okay with those.

These refs are paid professionals and they should be better at their craft than what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Erose View Post
    Hasn?t learned to flop yet?

Part of it is that he doesn't really ''sell'' contact, he just tends to power through it and finish anyway. It's the same problem Lebron had in his younger years: despite being one of the NBA leaders in FTs all time (might be number one now? I forget) Lebron has actually spent most of his career with a pretty mediocre FT rate. In his first stint in Cleveland he had a few years up near the top of the league, taking over 10 a game, but since going to Miami a decade ago now, he's averaged about 7 FTs a game. Which is a good amount, sure, but nothing absurd.

A huge part of the reason for that is strength. If you're a jumpshooter, you can flail and kick and throw yourself around to try and bait fouls: the Trae Young school. If you're a slasher who lives on getting into the paint and finishing, though, you can't really do that if you want any hope of landing safely, let alone making the finish. So instead, you just have to take the contact that comes to you and if you're a lot bigger and a lot stronger than your opponents that usually ends up with them flying off you and you just laying it up.

In reality that is a foul still, and the refs should call it a foul, but they don't. Punished for overwhelming power.
    Basketball.

Thread Information