Pelicans Report

Thread: I think Zo's suitors who will pay 20 mil+ are realistically only Knicks and Chicago

I think Zo's suitors who will pay 20 mil+ are realistically only Knicks and Chicago

So it's a three way between New York, Chicago and Nawlins. Possibly OKC. I don't think Charlotte has enough space to sign him outright.

What will happen here?

Person to get it right wins a year subscription to Twitch, donated by PELICANSFAN

Can he sign an extension right now (legally in nba rules)? Gonna be a tough pill to swallow to see him walk in FA for nothing + I'm sure a he would walk for New York or Chi-Town.
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

I think Zo is staying put. We aren't using our cap space to lure high priced FA. We are probably just gonna overspending on our guys. Which is the point of the soft cap for small market teams and how large market teams feast on getting Max players on discount.

Quote Originally Posted by boot318 View Post
    Can he sign an extension right now (legally in nba rules)? Gonna be a tough pill to swallow to see him walk in FA for nothing + I'm sure a he would walk for New York or Chi-Town.
    Nope. I think deadline for 3rd year extensions was either right before the season or right after it started. But it passed a while ago. But he'll still be a restricted free agent so even if we don't want to pay him, we still might be able to work out a sign and trade to agree not to match.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Nope. I think deadline for 3rd year extensions was either right before the season or right after it started. But it passed a while ago. But he'll still be a restricted free agent so even if we don't want to pay him, we still might be able to work out a sign and trade to agree not to match.
    A sign and trade is probably 2 2nds...

So, it's better for us to match and just get a desperate team at the deadline.

If one of those teams wants to pay him 20+ million let him go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread Information