Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bron and AD winning a title their first year together was the best thing for us

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I can barely watch a Pels game and not prognosticate what the team would be like, had Griffin had done his job properly and taken Hunter @ 4
    I get being annoyed that we traded down from 4 (even if I personally still believe it was the right thing to do) but unless you think Hunter was the 4th best player in the draft (note: he was not) I don't really see why you'd be annoyed that he hadn't taken Hunter specifically.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I get being annoyed that we traded down from 4 (even if I personally still believe it was the right thing to do) but unless you think Hunter was the 4th best player in the draft (note: he was not) I don't really see why you'd be annoyed that he hadn't taken Hunter specifically.
    Who would you have taken at 4

Who would you have taken at 4
    Can't remember who I had 4th at the time, but I think I had Hunter somewhere around 7th or 8th? I definitely had Brandon Clarke and PJ Washington higher, for example.

Can't remember who I had 4th at the time, but I think I had Hunter somewhere around 7th or 8th? I definitely had Brandon Clarke and PJ Washington higher, for example.
    Odd

Odd
    Nah, they've been really good, and Hunter is older than Washington by a fair margin (a year and some change, I think?) which matters a lot to me when it comes to drafting.

Clarke, unfortunately, had his 3pt shot mechanics altered a touch between rookie year and this year and it's cratered his scoring, whoever made that change needs to be sent very strongly worded e-mails frankly. What a ruinous mistake.

His stats are bad also, just in case that did matter to anyone. There's a reason raw box score counting stats are deceiving, and Westbrook's advanced statistics have been not-very-good for a while now.

This season he's averaging basically 20/10/10 in the counting stats, but his TS% is almost 10% worse than league average, he's putting up negative win shares, has a -1.0 BPM, has a -7 on/off, a -1.7 ScoreVal, a -1.2 RPM, -2.0 EPM, and a -6.5 RAPTOR (3rd worst in the NBA among players with at least as many minutes as him this year).

Oooooof. Ouch. Ow.
    Dude been a 20% 3pt shooter for like 5 years... Lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Dude been a 20% 3pt shooter for like 5 years... Lmao.
    Last time Russell Westbrook shot better than league average from 3 it was literally never cause it has never happened.

The last time he shot better than 30% from 3 in consecutive seasons, Lebron was in Miami.

Thread Information