Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: February 27th - New Orleans Pelicans @ San Antonio Spurs - 14-18

Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    ............ if you could design a 5 in the lab to fit this team they'd have the ability to shoot
    or

I disagree with the take that the team needs a stretch 5
    HUH?

Which is it, my expert friend, from afar?

Are you a politician, by any chance, proficient in the art of 'doubletalk'?

These are your posts, you know?

In your defense, it's okay to change one's mind; but in back-to-back posts in the same thread?
    Last edited by As I See It; 02-28-2021 at 07:47 PM.

Also, Gentry didn't go "9 or 10 deep", he went thirteen deep damn near every night lmao
    It was only one person complaining about the deep rotations too. It?s fine to have short rotations when you have 8 strong, but we don?t. Also, everyone had issue with Gentry?s 4 guard lineups for extended minutes. The multi is just too dumb to differentiate between the two topics

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    It was only one person complaining about the deep rotations too. It?s fine to have short rotations when you have 8 strong, but we don?t. Also, everyone had issue with Gentry?s 4 guard lineups for extended minutes. The multi is just too dumb to differentiate between the two topics
    Death by 4 Guards and Melli in the 2nd Quarter rotation. I really don't miss those days.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post

Are you a politician, by any chance, proficient in the art of 'doubletalk'?

These are your posts, you know?

In your defense, it's okay to change one's one's mind; but in back-to-back posts in the same thread?
    There's a difference between needing something and wanting something if you could have anything.

I play the guitar. I do not need a custom guitar with a neck carved precisely to fit my hand dimensions, and in fact there are plenty of incredible guitars that would allow me to play whatever I want without that; but if I had the money, I'd probably buy one anyway.

It's a similar thing. We do not need a stretch 5. We can have a perfectly great offense without one: in fact, we do have that, right now. But, if you're designing a hypothetical Perfect Player in the lab, why would you ever leave it out? If you're designing your on-paper perfect-guy, you'd surely want them to have every skill, whether you technically need it or not, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Death by 4 Guards and Melli in the 2nd Quarter rotation. I really don't miss those days.
    Not a bit. Stan is a better coach, but it is hard not to out-coach Gentry. My issue with Stan is that he doesn’t seem to understand how to handle a young roster at all. Hopefully Griffin at least can rid us of the likes of Bledsoe so we can free up minutes for Nickeil and Kira.

There's a difference between needing something and wanting something if you could have anything.

I play the guitar. I do not need a custom guitar with a neck carved precisely to fit my hand dimensions, and in fact there are plenty of incredible guitars that would allow me to play whatever I want without that; but if I had the money, I'd probably buy one anyway.

It's a similar thing. We do not need a stretch 5. We can have a perfectly great offense without one: in fact, we do have that, right now. But, if you're designing a hypothetical Perfect Player in the lab, why would you ever leave it out? If you're designing your on-paper perfect-guy, you'd surely want them to have every skill, whether you technically need it or not, right?
    Where did you take 'tap'? At the British Conservatory of Dance?

Rocket just had a 4-45 night from 3... That has to be a record low...

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Rocket just had a 4-45 night from 3... That has to be a record low...
    For the Rockets, the day they shot a garbage percentage from 3 despite high volume was the most embarrassing day of their lives.

The Pelicans:

Thread Information