Pelicans Report

Thread: Zion on ESPN First Take today I!

Pelicans Zion on ESPN First Take today I!

Zion on First Take this morning!

Last edited by 13 - 3; 02-26-2021 at 10:11 AM.

Zion on next

Awesome. Hope it is online somewhere.

I’m sure it will get posted

https://twitter.com/firsttake

Basketball Guru
    so basically zion is never going to complain to the refs about the no calls....

Basketball Guru
    and here go Stephen A talking about if the cards would have went right zion would be knicks now lol smh...

Not first take related, but Ric Bucher is a chode.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Chavan30 View Post
    Thanks man.
    No problem

People are really angry about BI’s comments last night referring to Zion as the best talent he has played with. What these folks are forgetting is Lebron was hurt the year he and BI played together. There is nothing wrong with what BI said.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    People are really angry about BI’s comments last night referring to Zion as the best talent he has played with. What these folks are forgetting is Lebron was hurt the year he and BI played together. There is nothing wrong with what BI said.
    Adams had a better take

Who am I to disagree with the king of the Dothrakis?

"we're almost there, i can just feel it...once we figure out a few more minor things, I think we'll be fine"
    Zion
    Just another Kiwi basking in the reflected glory of Steven Adams....bask bask...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    so basically zion is never going to complain to the refs about the no calls....
    It's up to Stan to talk to the media about it and get fined.

Even walk out of a press conference because of how back it is. That is how you get attention

Quote Originally Posted by KoMikaera View Post
    "we're almost there, i can just feel it...once we figure out a few more minor things, I think we'll be fine"
    Zion
    Loooooool the historically bad perimeter D is a minor thing?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I don't think that's quite what Zion said, and I like his outlook fwiw.

It's the sum result of a bunch of minor things, in fairness. Overhelp, always being a touch late on rotations, random switching that clearly isn't schemed in, step-slow recognition at times. Each of these are a minor thing; plenty of teams overhelp on occasion, we just do it way too much, for example.

The problem is that when you have a mountain of minor things to fix, it can begin to look insurmountable.

In any case, I would much rather have Zion saying ''we're almost there, we have things to work on but I can feel we're going to be good'' than have him saying ''our team is irreparably broken and I have no idea how we're ever going to improve''.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's the sum result of a bunch of minor things, in fairness. Overhelp, always being a touch late on rotations, random switching that clearly isn't schemed in, step-slow recognition at times. Each of these are a minor thing; plenty of teams overhelp on occasion, we just do it way too much, for example.

The problem is that when you have a mountain of minor things to fix, it can begin to look insurmountable.

In any case, I would much rather have Zion saying ''we're almost there, we have things to work on but I can feel we're going to be good'' than have him saying ''our team is irreparably broken and I have no idea how we're ever going to improve''.
    ....and three major things....

- Basketball IQ
    - Desire to play defense
    - Pride to get it done.

It's up to Stan to talk to the media about it and get fined.

Even walk out of a press conference because of how back it is. That is how you get attention

One good thing Alvin did as coach,

Zach Lowe is right on point with his comments here.

Gobert such a tool. So, Zion should back down to him? Zion does not use an off arm when he goes up. Gobert should learn to count to 3 and then talk about the rules that aren't enforced against him.

Lowe's comment about it being ''a little early'' for reffing concerns is basically nonsense, with all the respect in the world due to Lowe.

A foul is a foul is a foul is a foul. It doesn't matter if you're in game 1 or game 1000, if you get a sledgehammer to the face when you're leaping for a dunk and there's no whistle, you got robbed by the refs. How many awful missed foul calls do you have to put up with until you can complain? Do you qualify for One Free Complaint once you hit 1000?

Lowe's comment about it being ''a little early'' for reffing concerns is basically nonsense, with all the respect in the world due to Lowe.

A foul is a foul is a foul is a foul. It doesn't matter if you're in game 1 or game 1000, if you get a sledgehammer to the face when you're leaping for a dunk and there's no whistle, you got robbed by the refs. How many awful missed foul calls do you have to put up with until you can complain? Do you qualify for One Free Complaint once you hit 1000?
    Agree. Stupid take.

The culture with NBA officiating is so weird like this and watching the stark contrast of International games....NBA officiating is it's own deliberate style that clearly favor entertainment and favoritism over legitimacy. Oh yeah... getting caught up in major rig scandals.

I liked what lowe said about Zion allowing everyone else to settle into their roles when he's handling the ball... and as much of many would like to disagree with Lowe's comment about Zion getting calls it just reinforces what we already know. Yes a foul is a foul but y'all know vets are gonna get more calls it is what it is... regardless of how terrible that is.

Thread Information