Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: February 24th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Detroit Pistons - 13-17

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    Griff needs to accept that JJ is done in NO and sit him out until he can figure out what to do with him. If you ultimately have to buy him out, buy him out. I seriously don't know how much more of this I can take.
    He’s the most unbearable player I can remember. I don’t think Pels have out scored opponents more than maybe twice this season when he is on the court. He is a huge reason for a lot of these losses. He drains them.

This is embarrassing. From the coaches down to the players, embarrassing.

This team needs to wake up in the 2nd half and pretend they are playing against Boston.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Detroit is a bad matchup for Pelicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Well, Piston's only went 2-8 in the second quarter from 3, after going 7/13 in the first, so that's some small relief.

We're lucky to have it within single digits at halftime. Need to be better in the third and fourth: try and find even 50% of the energy we had last game.
    Did we run the piston off their spots or just stop shooting 3s?

Maybe we will play the secret weapon in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Maybe we will play the secret weapon in the second half.
    Space Jam "H2O"?

Why is none of this surprising. Lol

Shoot that Lonzo!

Lonzo is his own worst enemy sometimes.

Really impressive contest from Zion there ended up with the block but what he was doing as the last line of defense against Plumlee is beyond me, as evidenced by Plumlee getting the follow up
    Basketball.

Well. It's nice to see Stan not wait for a 11-2 quarter to call a timeout.

As bad as JJ is (and he is), Bledsoe is worse, because he's on the court more. How he ever made an All Defensive tram is beyond me.

This Dollar General version of the bad boys Pistons is starting to annoy me.

Welp, Zion has turned into Duke Zion this 3rd quarter. Hasn't resulted in many stops as a team, though

Welp, Zion has turned into Duke Zion this 3rd quarter. Hasn't resulted in many stops as a team, though
    He's been pretty great to watch, honestly.

Detroit play by play guys seems like a couple of dudes from a retirement home. Finally found a NOLA stream

Hope I don't get hate for this, because I'm not making a sweeping generalization here, but: BI can be such a lazy player on D sometimes. That play Ellington got a wide open three off a screen because BI couldn't fight through it and then gave the weakest contest I've ever seen (literally from behind Ellington) just had me shaking my head.

And tbc, this is not a BI specific thing, everyone on our team (including, but to a lesser degree, Adams) has these effort lapses that are just infuriating because you know we're capable of better. Like, I can legit see a future where Ingram is a positive impact player on both ends, he has the tools. But does he have the desire? does he have the want? To a lesser degree, it's the same thing with Zion, some of these possessions I see the talent shine bright (like this 3rd quarter) other times I think he's hardly putting any pride in on that end of the floor.

Ingram has been playing pretty consistently as of late. Showing some great flashes.

I don't like this rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He's been pretty great to watch, honestly.
    Dude had me saying, "holy ********, where has this activity been all year long"

Zion... great god....

Billy is such ****** lmao

Hope I don't get hate for this, because I'm not making a sweeping generalization here, but: BI can be such a lazy player on D sometimes. That play Ellington got a wide open three off a screen because BI couldn't fight through it and then gave the weakest contest I've ever seen (literally from behind Ellington) just had me shaking my head.

And tbc, this is not a BI specific thing, everyone on our team (including, but to a lesser degree, Adams) has these effort lapses that are just infuriating because you know we're capable of better. Like, I can legit see a future where Ingram is a positive impact player on both ends, he has the tools. But does he have the desire? does he have the want? To a lesser degree, it's the same thing with Zion, some of these possessions I see the talent shine bright (like this 3rd quarter) other times I think he's hardly putting any pride in on that end of the floor.
    I agree. I think we should trade BI.

You literally have to break down Zions moves in micro seconds... He's throw out combo moves like a world class boxer.

Thread Information