Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Zion Williamson Makes All Star Team

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Just as you are entitled to yours, he is entitled to his opinion.
    So you support this?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    So you support this?
    Offensively Zion is a juggernaut...definitely All Star worthy; defensively, not so much.

I thought everyone knew my POV by now. LOL

Just as you are entitled to yours, he is entitled to his opinion.
    Dude seriously stop trolling, yeah he?s entitled opinion, even if he is wrong. But seriously, your trolling is getting old. Get a life

Zion gravities 4 people to him when he drove and makes life to easy for teammates it’s not even funny

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Dude seriously stop trolling, yeah he?s entitled opinion, even if he is wrong. But seriously, your trolling is getting old. Get a life

Zion gravities 4 people to him when he drove and makes life to easy for teammates it’s not even funny
    Who are you to say he's wrong?

Assuming you are right (I certainly don't question your basketball wisdom), and he 'gravities' four people to him when he 'drove' and makes life to (sic) easy for his teammates, how come our record is four games under .500?

PS: I have a life.
    Last edited by As I See It; 02-23-2021 at 10:12 PM.

Bucher is objectively wrong. How are people even trying to debate this?

If he wanted to be critical of his defense, fine. But that?s not what he was complaining about (defense was only briefly mentioned).

Even in the clips that were playing while he was talking about how Zion ?doesn?t make things easier for his teammates?, you could see Zion drawing 2-3 defenders, reading the help and kicking the ball out, JJ getting an open look off of a handoff, etc.

He said ?look at his assist totals? as if they aren?t good (but they are good, and have been terrific for about a month now).

He had a right to say those things but he doesn?t have the right to be taken seriously when he fires off silly hot takes.

Assuming you are right...and he 'gravities' four people to him when he 'drove' and makes life to (sic) easy for his teammates, how come our record is four games under .500?
    For several other reasons.

Someone on Twitter cited that the Pelicans are 8th in offensive rating, and since January 27 they have been 2nd. Zion being allowed to bring the ball up and play make a lot more is a big reason for that.

I don’t understand this question.

Because we are 4 games under .500, that somehow means Zion doesn’t/can’t draw extra defenders?

Quote Originally Posted by Loco Hornet Fan View Post

Someone on Twitter cited that the Pelicans are 8th in offensive rating, and since January 27 they have been 2nd. Zion being allowed to bring the ball up and play make a lot more is a big reason for that.

Because we are 4 games under .500, that somehow means Zion doesn’t/can’t draw extra defenders?
    Try reading the post I'm responding to from HornetGuru (I realize he's a difficult read). He doesn't say anything about 'bringing the ball up'. He speaks to 'droving' the ball (see post 29 in this thread) which Zion has done all season long. Further if he is drawing four on one coverage, I assure you we wouldn't be four games under .500 (unless we suck more than I realize).

Nice try though
    Last edited by As I See It; 02-23-2021 at 11:16 PM.

Who are you to say he's wrong?

Assuming you are right (I certainly don't question your basketball wisdom), and he 'gravities' four people to him when he 'drove' and makes life to (sic) easy for his teammates, how come our record is four games under .500?

PS: I have a life.
    Wow the correcting my grammar card? I was the the gym, and btw you said to and it’s too. And maybe we’re under 500 because it has to do with other factors besides Zion? Regardless I won’t be replying to your comments anymore. Good day

Try reading the post I'm responding to from HornetGuru (I realize he's a difficult read). He doesn't say anything about 'bringing the ball up'. He speaks to 'droving' the ball (see post 29 in this thread) which Zion has done all season long. Further if he is drawing four on one coverage, I assure you we wouldn't be four games under .500 (unless we suck more than I realize).

Nice try though
    Lmao difficult read and points out the grammar, what a child. Please don’t make me go through your posts and absolutely pick apart your grammar. Are you trying to compare intelligence? Lmao. You’re a really Hemingway

Clown.

Lmao difficult read and points out the grammar, what a child. Please don’t make me go through your posts and absolutely pick apart your grammar. Are you trying to compare intelligence? Lmao. You’re a really Hemingway

Clown.
    Compared to you, most are a 'really Hemmingway'. IMO.
    Last edited by As I See It; 02-23-2021 at 11:49 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    This board gets worse and worse.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    This board gets worse and worse.
    Couldn't agree more.

Compared to you, most are a 'really Hemmingway'. IMO.
    Obviously I mean to type real, but I’m on my phone while also doing paper work while you are probably sitting in a basement being a troll with nothing better to do. Also it’s a little hypocritical to correct ones grammar when you have mistakes of your own I’ve pointed out. It’s hard arguing with idiots, which is why I am going to stop replying to your comments.

Obviously I mean to type real, but I’m on my phone while also doing paper work while you are probably sitting in a basement being a troll with nothing better to do. Also it’s a little hypocritical to correct ones grammar when you have mistakes of your own I’ve pointed out. It’s hard arguing with idiots, which is why I am going to stop replying to your comments.
    Oh, I know you 'mean' to type real.

Now I'm really humored. In both posts 34, and 39, you suggest that you are finished replying to my posts. No will power?

Seriously, friend, I didn't engage you; you engaged me (see entry 29 of this thread). In it, you inferred that I was a troll, and that I should 'get a life'. Until that point, I had nothing to say to you in this thread. In fact until Entry 29, you had nothing to say either. So you see, if there is a troll to be found in this thread, perhaps you should 'put down your paperwork' and look in the mirror.

LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    I looked at the tweet LeBron made. Where did he mention Zion?
    He didn't. He said Booker should have made it but he did not say he should have made it over Zion specifically.

One of my least favourite trends that happens every single year is athletes insisting XYZ was snubbed but never saying who they think they should have made it over. In this case it's a simple reason as to why: Zion is having a better year than Devin Booker and I don't think it's particularly close.

Edit: Just to explain a bit, as I said earlier in the thread, every year there are about 30 players who are deserving of an all-star selection in terms of the numbers they're putting up and the impact they're having. That means every single year there will be snubs. If Booker made it over Zion, a lot of Pels people would be claiming a snub in the opposite direction and they would have an argument for it: in fact, the same argument that Booker fans have been using for years - he should be in, he has the better numbers.

The reality is, this is always going to happen, and at the end of the day all-star selections are individual awards, not team awards. Zion is having the better individual season than Booker, so he gets the nod in this case. Doesn't mean Booker doesn't deserve to be an on an All-Star team (and he'll be the AD replacement anyway, imo) but that's just the way the cookie crumbles.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 02-24-2021 at 12:58 AM.
    Basketball.

He's a troll, reality doesn't matter to him, and he's obsessed with negativity. Just ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He's a troll, reality doesn't matter to him, and he's obsessed with negativity. Just ignore.
    So sayeth, dae-loris, the self proclaimed expert on all things basketball.

What do you think, dae? BI didn't make the All Star Team. Do you feel vindicated for all the vitriol you spewed his way last year?

You know, maybe we can trade him straight up for Nico Mannion, one of your blockheaded predictions for lottery status prior to the last college season, as I recall. I'm sure any loss in production as a result of dumping BI can be made up by JAXSON.

Nice try though
    I understood what HornetGuru was saying just fine.

And Zion has drawn extra attention all season when driving the ball. It is a big reason why we are 8th in offensive rating. And we have seen that the more we allow him to do this (letting him bring the ball up, "point Zion", etc), the more attention he's drawn and easier looks everyone else seems to get. Zion making things easier on his teammates (which is what Bucher was saying he couldn't do) has translated to the Pelicans ranking 2nd in offensive rating during this span.

I don't know what the point of trying to split hairs between "driving" and "bringing the ball up" is supposed to be. They are both part of his ability to make plays for others and directly refutes the main criticism Bucher was making.

I think you know that nobody is claiming that Zion literally draws 4 defenders each and every time he drives. The point is that he does command at least 1 extra defender when he has the ball and forces defenses to play with a different set of rules and amount of help than they are probably used to.

If you are legitimately asking why we are 4 games under .500 (which I don't think that you are), then Zion's ability to draw extra defenders and get easier shots for his teammates ranks pretty far down on the list of reasons.
    Last edited by Loco Hornet Fan; 02-24-2021 at 07:17 AM.

Nice try though
    What are you talking about? Why you picking on Guru?

8 straight all stars

With Zion Williamson landing on the roster for the 2020-'21 game, the Pelicans have officially had an All-Star selection in each of the past eight seasons. That mark is good for the longest active streak in the NBA.

Booker likely will be named as AD's replacement an all of the whining by the media will be for naught.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Booker likely will be named as AD's replacement an all of the whining by the media will be for naught.
    I'm thinking Conley makes it. Got the narrative plus the best team in the entire league right now

And I agree with the guys who say the roster should be expanded to 15 guys. But that would make too much sense for Silver to implement.
    Last edited by AusPel; 02-24-2021 at 10:40 AM.

Nice post. Lays out the facts without negativity.

I don't know what the point of trying to split hairs between "driving" and "bringing the ball up" is supposed to be. They are both part of his ability to make plays for others and directly refutes the main criticism Bucher was making.
    It's definitely not splitting hairs skill-set wise.

Bringing up the ball from back court is infinitely easier than effective driving into the key or trying to initiate the offence from the perimeter, especially when there's only token defensive pressure to get the ball over the half way line. That is most of the game until players go "******** there's only 2 minutes left and we're only up 1, better actually start pressuring the ball carrier now."

Anyone who's ever played point guard in their Basketball career will attest to this
    Last edited by AusPel; 02-24-2021 at 11:11 AM.

Thread Information