Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: February 21st - New Orleans Pelicans VS Boston Celtics - 12-17

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    and I would be remiss if I didn't mention Ingram playing much more within himself in the second half, on top of great D. I think it's fair to say he was just as crucial to this W as Zion
    You think?

Young Pels really grew up in this one. Even with the massive Ingram -25 IQ play that took away from an otherwise gritty, "top top tier" SF game from him.

And I wish the team would listen to me more often. I was hoping Josh Hart would have been locked up this past offseason. Thats not to say I think he is a top "6th man", which this team still needs badly.

But Hart is without a doubt a player you have to have on your team solidly in the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Young Pels really grew up in this one. Even with the massive Ingram -25 IQ play that took away from an otherwise gritty, "top top tier" SF game from him.

And I wish the team would listen to me more often. I was hoping Josh Hart would have been locked up this past offseason. Thats not to say I think he is a top "6th man", which this team still needs badly.

But Hart is without a doubt a player you have to have on your team solidly in the rotation.
    If I had to guess, I'd say Hart is a price thing. They probably offered him some amount and he thought he could outplay that contract. We'll see what happens in the offseason probably.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    You think?
    what do you want from me, man?

Hall of Famer
    Beautiful, beautiful W. So proud of these guys top to bottom - sans Bledsoe. The effort we played with from the second half onward should be preached in every film session onward.
    Bledsoe just doesn't fit

Basketball Guru

imo hart and adams are the alphas on the team...

Basketball Guru
    tomorrow the whole damn team should watch video of the second half when the defense lead the comeback...stan need to point out see how good things happen when we play good swarming defense....

what do you want from me, man?
    A reaction.

Put him on mute.

All-Star
    That was a great team win, hopefully the Pels can build on this victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    A reaction.

Put him on mute.
    You're like that sophomore girl in high school who gives her "Bestie" advice she wouldn't take herself. I know your kind, Dae-loris!!!

LMAO!!!

and I would be remiss if I didn't mention Ingram playing much more within himself in the second half, on top of great D. I think it's fair to say he was just as crucial to this W as Zion
    Yup. Far fewer infuriating isos. He kept the ball and himself moving and wasn't a complete matador on D. Now we just have to hope all this carries over.

Point Zion in the 4th is basically the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Point Zion in the 4th is basically the future.
    Point Zion about 60% of the time is the future

I remembered one of the big complaints against Gent was that he was never willing to give the stars more than 30-33 min no matter the situation. Repeatedly sitting guys to start OT and killing their flow.

Nice to see the results of letting our stars stay out there and go earn the win. Hasn't been perfect with Stan this season, but it felt good to have a common sense personnel decision (meh on Meli staying out there but he had some good stops on D at least).

Nice to see Zion get 10 rebounds. That should be the norm or close to it.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Nice to see Zion get 10 rebounds. That should be the norm or close to it.
    Does it really matter how many he gets if as a team we're already #1 in the league in offensive rebounds and #5 overall in total rebounds? I'd think there's a reason why they're not pushing him to get more. It's kind of annoying to see people in the media so critical of him about his lack of rebounding when it's just not a priority at this time IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Does it really matter how many he gets if as a team we're already #1 in the league in offensive rebounds and #5 overall in total rebounds? I'd think there's a reason why they're not pushing him to get more. It's kind of annoying to see people in the media so critical of him about his lack of rebounding when it's just not a priority at this time IMO.
    Not really. Obviously it would be nice for his numbers if he rebounded more but far.more important than any individuals rebounding numbers is the teams and if what we're doing wins us rebounding battles I don't much care who actually picks them up.

Edit: Just for reference, Zion is averaging 7.4 rebounds per 36 at the moment. Lebron, aged 20, averaged 6.2 rebounds per 36, despite being about 3 inches taller and having a slightly longer wingspan. Of course we'd like to see Zion's boards increase with time, but right now they're fine imo
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 02-22-2021 at 12:43 AM.

Zion averaging: 25.7/6.8/3.1 on 61.5/35.2/71.7 splits at this point.

It's fine, to me

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Bledsoe just doesn't fit
    I actually wouldn’t mind trying a Bledsoe/Redick veteran back court off the bench, with NAW running as secondary ball handler/wing defender. Think the vets might pair ok together, and operate on inexperienced opponents.

Great win! I like Zion having the ball as a point forward He looked great and was making some nice passes off the dribble. Sign of things to come from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wecandothis View Post
    Great win! I like Zion having the ball as a point forward He looked great and was making some nice passes off the dribble. Sign of things to come from him.
    Got this article in my mail this morning about point zion > https://slate.com/culture/2021/02/zi...its-scary.html

...Point Zion...I like it.

More rebounds mean more misses n the offensive end, stats are misleading.

God, if we could trade every asset we have from now until 2029 for Tatum (minus Zion), we'd be looking at a dynasty

Yes it matters when Steven is not in the game, and it also means the ball is already in Zion's hands to take it up the floor.

It's not about overall team rebounds. It's about what it means for getting into sets and it also means he's near the basket to contest shots.

I don't care what angle media uses, but it absolutely helps this team when Zion is getting rebounds, especially on the defensive end. BI for that matter as well.

Getting rebounds is never NOT a priority for any individual player.
    Last edited by luckyman; 02-22-2021 at 08:24 AM.

Thread Information