Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: February 21st - New Orleans Pelicans VS Boston Celtics - 12-17

Another patented YIKES H
    half by the pels.

Quote Originally Posted by Chavan30 View Post
    We get mugged no calls, we touch whistle blows.
    As a rule, I never go here, but there sure seems to be an imbalance.

So what’s everyone’s guess for final margin of victory? I say the Pels keep it within 15-17.

Zion getting zero touches in a stretch of like, 3 mins. Fireable offense. Getting tired of Ingram's schtick too, terrible decision maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    Zion getting zero touches in a stretch of like, 3 mins. Fireable offense. Getting tired of Ingram's schtick too, terrible decision maker.

the offense should not be ran through him
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    As a rule, I never go here, but there sure seems to be an imbalance.
    Yes, this is one of the reasons I want the Pels to be a sustainable winner. Teams like the Celtics, Lakers, etc. get the benefit of the calls....

What might be Zion's worst half all season, combine with usual poor decision making from Bledsoe, Redick shooting like garbage again, Ingram being off, and Hernangomez going 2/8 from the field combine for ugly basketball.

Yikes.
    Basketball.

I know most of you want to turn the keys over to Kira and NAW, but, COME ON MAN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chavan30 View Post
    So what’s everyone’s guess for final margin of victory? I say the Pels keep it within 15-17.
    We'll either pull it back in the third just to have it slip away late, or we'll get clobbered hard enough that it's a full garbage time game for 6 or 7 minutes at the end where the score will end up being closer than the game actually was just cause of backup v backup lineups.

The Franchise
    Zion's going to destroy guys like Triston when that outside J is at least decent. It's only a matter of time. I'm actually okay with him taking 3's when they leave him that wide open.

I'd also like Ingram to work on passing "ON TARGET"... He will often make the right read, with the pass off target.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    What might be Zion's worst half all season, combine with usual poor decision making from Bledsoe, Redick shooting like garbage again, Ingram being off, and Hernangomez going 2/8 from the field combine for ugly basketball.

Yikes.
    ...and of course there's that bum, Lonzo, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    Counter argument: Yes it should

and even if it shouldn't, that doesn't mean you shouldn't even let him touch the ball for huge spans of time. If you have a guy with such massive gravity out there on the floor, use him, even if only as a decoy in plays for other people.

The Franchise

Yikes.
    Ingram is 4 for 9.. I wouldn't characterize that as off. Though it's not a high percentage.

Basketball Guru
    come on man, dont start this today....you are looking at the game and see whats going on....

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Zion's going to destroy guys like Triston when that outside J is at least decent. It's only a matter of time. I'm actually okay with him taking 3's when they leave him that wide open.

I'd also like Ingram to work on passing "ON TARGET"... He will often make the right read, with the pass off target.
    Absolutely agree on Zion: some games, I'd actually like him taking more of them. There are those games where he's 8/10 from the floor, shoots a three and swishes it, and then the next play down he's got a wide open three and he just hesitates. I'd like him to just take those sometimes.

My question is, why hasn't Stan realized this yet? I know he's trying to ease Zion into a playmaking role but there has to be some middle ground between that and Zion not getting touches and Ingram doing... whatever the hell he's doing. This is embarrassing.

Yeah, I think we should trade both Ingram and Lonzo, huh?

Counter argument: Yes it should

and even if it shouldn't, that doesn't mean you shouldn't even let him touch the ball for huge spans of time. If you have a guy with such massive gravity out there on the floor, use him, even if only as a decoy in plays for other people.
    I think he was talking about Ingram Dae

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Ingram is 4 for 9.. I wouldn't characterize that as off. Though it's not a high percentage.
    He started the game 1 of 5, I think. It was a cold cold cold start.

I think he was talking about Ingram Dae
    My bad, if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Yeah, I think we should trade both Ingram and Lonzo, huh?
    What in the sam hell are you talking about, troll?

My question is, why hasn't Stan realized this yet? I know he's trying to ease Zion into a playmaking role but there has to be some middle ground between that and Zion not getting touches and Ingram doing... whatever the hell he's doing. This is embarrassing.
    Max player has max expectations. I don't know if we have a guy right now that the offense can successfully run through. Zion makes questionable decisions when double teamed as well.

What in the sam hell are you talking about, troll?
    My name is not Sam Hell. You want to crush Ingram and turn a blind eye to Zion. That says all we need to know about your perspective

Max player has max expectations. I don't know if we have a guy right now that the offense can successfully run through. Zion makes questionable decisions when double teamed as well.
    Zion is 20 years old and has been used in a ballhandling capacity for about 13 games. I'd be shocked speechless if he didn't make questionable decisions sometimes, especially since more often than not he's triple teamed rather than doubled. I don't think he's going to be the full-time ballhandler for 36 minutes at his peak, but let's simmer down a bit on ''we don't have the guy'' talk at this point there lmao

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    come on man, dont start this today....you are looking at the game and see whats going on....
    Yeah, I see what's going on. I see Ingram doing a terrible job of being the primary offensive engine. What, you think that means I want Ingram traded or something? No, I don't. Stop being so protective of a player who absolutely doesn't deserve it. Jesus christ.

Thread Information