Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: February 19th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Phoenix Suns - 12-16

Can someone tell me who led out team in turnovers tonight? Thanks!!

We get annihilated by star guard after star guard after star guard. CP3 with 19 assists this game, Lillard had 16 last game. Luka, Dame, CP3, Lavine, Coby White, Donovan Mitchell, De'Aaron Fox: all of them have had monster games on us this year so far, some of them multiple times (Mitchell).

If you don't realise there's a fatal flaw in our defense at the point of attack, particularly when it comes to making opposing guards uncomfortable, then you're not watching the game.
    Basketball.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    This is tough to watch. Griff needs to put everyone not named Ingram, Zion, and Kira on the trade block.
    I don't know.. I'd like to see what these other guys do with a coach that can optimize their talents.

Imagine what Zion, Ingram, and Ball would look like under a coach like Pop? Or how dynamic NAW might be under coach Pop.

These guys aren't prepared to close out 4th quarters. That's on the coach.

56% from three for the Suns tonight — just a typical game vs. our defense.
    I think Stan’s defensive philosophy may be the exact opposite of what is effective in today’s NBA.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Ingram needs to be on the block too.
    Na, just needs to be coached. What he does can easily be corrected.

How does that happen...

Lewis missed 3
    Zion missed 2
    Turnover
    Lewis missed 3
    Reddick made 2
    Zion Turnover
    Hayes Turnover
    Ingram missed 2
    Ingram Turnover
    Hayes Turnover
    Reddick made 3
    Willy Turnover
    Ingram miss 3
    Lonzo miss 3
    Zion miss 2 FT
    Zion makes 2 FT
    Ball miss
    Ingram miss 3
    Team forfeit

A complete collapse. Frankly, I'm tired of these late game collapse and zero leadership at Guard. I know the Sun overpaid the hell for CP3, but I wished we got him.
    Don't understand why we didn't go after him. To give Zion and BI more primacy offensively? Then why pick up Bled and draft NAW/Kira? Why keep Lonzo? None of it makes sense.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    This was one of the worst coached games I have seen in a long time. He continues to let JJ get abused and blow leads while leaving the starters on the bench to go ice cold. Their is no written rule in the world that says you can’t play starters when reserves are losing the lead. But it’s like he has to leave the starters on the bench till they are down. I’ll never understand why this team continues to hire bad coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post
    How does that happen...
    Bad coaching, braindead decisions from the players, zero defensive co-ordination or acumen at the guard spots, and Chris Paul.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Welp, movin on up.

www.tankathon.com

Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post
    How does that happen...
    You don't pressure and grind off ball... You let dudes be comfortable on the perimeter and give them their spots while we overhelp in fear of letting someone defend someone in the paint one on one.

You don't pressure and grind off ball... You let dudes be comfortable on the perimeter and give them their spots while we overhelp in fear of letting someone defend someone in the paint one on one.
    You put our guards on Chris Paul That's what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Na, just needs to be coached. What he does can easily be corrected.
    I wouldn't respond to this silliness anymore. What else you want him to do? He's not the one getting murdered by guards time after time.

And Zion was particularly bad defensively tonight. Just got lost and turned around multiple times.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    This is tough to watch. Griff needs to put everyone not named Ingram, Zion, and Kira on the trade block.
    Ingram isn't untouchable for me.

His value is 2nd to Zion in my book. But...if some start wants out and that team calls and says "Someone of equal level to KAT for Ingram and picks" I'd stay on the phone and listen.

The Franchise
    You guys are a little too hard on the players.. they can play better individually. But meltdowns in the fourth, and not being able to generate quality shots is on the coaching staff.

If it's not Ingram and Zion in picks, they are isoing. That's by design. That's not them deciding they're going to ignore a play call.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post

Horrible coaching, bad rotations. There is no reason to ever put zion at the 5 and BI at the 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You put our guards on Chris Paul That's what happens.
    That too lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

His value is 2nd to Zion in my book. But...if some start wants out and that team calls and says "Someone of equal level to KAT for Ingram and picks" I'd stay on the phone and listen.
    I'm in this boat, currently.

You guys are a little too hard on the players.. they can play better individually. But meltdowns in the fourth, and not being able to generate quality shots is on the coaching staff.

If it's not Ingram and Zion in picks, they are isoing. That's by design. That's not them deciding they're going to ignore a play call.
    I'm sick of this excuse, frankly. Obviously the coaching should be better, but you yourself were pointing out frustrations with Ingram earlier in the 4th, holding the ball for literally entire possessions without passing it once so that he could take shots: why has that criticism now evaporated into being SVG's fault the moment the game's over?

The reality is that while the coaching is obviously poor, that doesn't change the fact that players can and still do need to play better. Ingram included.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

This sounds ridiculous to me.. Who on this board is saying he's untouchable????? Who on this board thinks you can get a KAT level player for Ingram????? You guys say the most absurd things, especially after a loss. Of course Ingram is second to Zion in value. Of course you listen to calls from teams for just about 90% of the players in this league. smh lol

The main problem I see is they are asking the bigs to hedge too hard and stay too long. Even after the guard has recovered, they are STILL there.

Bombs the entire defense and creates an instant unbalanced defense.

Then there are the bad rotations. Ball watching and getting killed with backdoors. Leaping on close outs.

This isn't even a physical talent issue to me anymore. Defensively they are deer in headlights.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    We only had 13 total, Zion had 5.

This sounds ridiculous to me.. Who on this board is saying he's untouchable????? Who on this board thinks you can get a KAT level player for Ingram????? You guys say the most absurd things, especially after a loss. Of course Ingram is second to Zion in value. Of course you listen to calls from teams for just about 90% of the players in this league. smh lol
    I guess only NOLA where a disgruntled superstar publicly ask for trade and sabotage his value at the same time.

Thread Information