Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: February 17th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Portland Trailblazers - 12-15

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Moon View Post
    Hey everyone. Ready to watch point Zion tonight. Who on this Portland can guard him tonight, both off the dribble and in the post?
    All we have to do is give him shots.

Wait, damn... that's the thing we forget to do all the time...
    Basketball.

Enes Kanter continues his career long run of not having any idea what to do ever

Guarding Lillard with Ingram is, uh, ambitious

Bledsoe looking reasonably engaged so far to start this one

Zion literally just arrives at the rim. There's no in between, he's 20 feet away and decides to be at the rim and he is, nobody can stop him.

Rough shooting night so far for Ingram, 1/4 to start.

Also, it goes without saying, but this is what Lillard does to you when there's no Jrue.

Yes. Idk why he doesn't just do it over and over until they consistently stop him. Which they rarely do. I get it that he is a great team player and likes to play in the offense but sometimes it's like I think he doesn't want to dominate the ball (which is usually a plus for us when he does).

Dame must finally be happy facing the pels and not seeing jrue on that end.

What do you do on that Lillard corner 3? Jesus

That didn't look good

It's wild how much of ''spacing'' is based on reputation.

Lonzo's shooting pretty damn well from 3 lately, and shot well overall from 3 last year, but nobody pays him any attention on the perimeter. He had about 15 feet of space in every direction on that three and nobody made any move to cover him, they were just like ''whatever''.

Meanwhile, JJ has been shooting like garbage all year and people still panic when he gets the ball and lose their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    That didn't look good
    Looked rough as hell. Hope he's okay.

Asking JJ to guard Hood in the post is certainly a decision but not one that I would call 'good' in the traditional sense of the word.

Redick made a three! He hit a few last game too.

Zion with cleanup duty, putting that missed Hernangomez shot back up and in.

He's up to 6pts, 4rbds, 3asts in 9 minutes.

Defense needs to tighten up pretty sharpish. I know Lillard is Lillard but we can't be giving up easy mismatches to Rodney Hood and co.

Bledsoe over the years has had some success against lillard. Lonzo is hustling and trying to make lillard work. Lillard is legit.

Kira is going to be a good player. The hit in the head last night has waken up JJ.

Redick with a movement three.

Is he awake?

It blows my mind how guards always seem to be the one to go off 40 pts against us

Zion up to 11/5/4 on 5/6 shooting in 12 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Zion up to 11/5/4 on 5/6 shooting in 12 minutes.
    AD, Jrue, and this Zion would off easily be a mega contender, but something something don't wanna play the 5.

zion comes through and takes out two blazers!

Thread Information