Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: February 16th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Memphis Grizzlies - 11-15

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I like to see that the ball is in Zion hands more often now.
    Point Zion is the next generation Point LeBron and I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I do fully expect another L tonight. This team plays badly on the road. And as we saw with the Saints, it's just too difficult to keep beating the same team over and over.

Tonight would make 6 straight over Memphis. I do not believe it will happen.
    Reverse jinx worked tonight. Thank me.

Do we still get free fries?

MM where you at ?

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Only because, right now, he is.
    Agreed, let's trade him for Julius Randle

Can we petition the league to play the grizzlies every other game?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Point Zion is the next generation Point LeBron and I'm all for it.
    I like Power Point Zion better.

Sooooo good to see Kira take more and more of Bled's minutes, even with the caveat that Bled was pretty good this game.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Reverse jinx worked tonight. Thank me.
    You're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I like Power Point Zion better.
    There are point forwards, point guards, and power forwards... but I'd like to think Zion is the NBA's first power guard.

So. Zion is firmly #1 in NBA history in scoring through his first 50 games. And it sure as hell isn't on volume.

But he'll be nothing special tho. I'm told.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    So. Zion is firmly #1 in NBA history in scoring through his first 50 games. And it sure as hell isn't on volume.

But he'll be nothing special tho. I'm told.
    Once he gets to the NBA, all of that will stop. Grown men won't let him bully them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Once he gets to the NBA, all of that will stop. Grown men won't let him bully them.
    LOL that was RealGM theme song, I laugh so hard when Zion bodied JV. He was so shocked he had that look when people see The Undertaker sit up.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    Gee, have I hurt your feelings?

You 'fandom' blinds you, son. He's not immune to criticism; it won't kill him...I promise. What's more, it's not something he isn't being told by his coaches.
    Last edited by As I See It; 02-16-2021 at 10:04 PM.

Trade who for Randle?

Basketball Guru
    good things happens when zion,,gomez and hart are on the floor together....

good game pels...

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Gee, have I hurt your feelings?

You 'fandom' blinds you, son. He's not immune to criticism; it won't kill him...I promise. What's more, it's not something he isn't be told by his coaches.
    Lmao at you once again calling it a fandom thing. You realize I was genuinely quick to criticize him when he was absolutely awful defensively earlier in the season, right? But god forbid I make the claim that he's improved from that point, god forbid I point out the progress he's made, god forbid I don't scrutinize every little mistake he makes on D and conflate that with him somehow being this imaginary 0 effort, 0 IQ player that sinks every lineup he's in because he provides nothing on that end, according to you . Go sit and spin, seriously.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Trade who for Randle?
    fries..

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    fries..
    We in big trouble if Lance Thomas comes back here

Like, we win in dominating fashion, and for some reason the conversation for you is, "Zion is a train wreck defensively." Really?

Lmao at you once again calling it a fandom thing. You realize I was genuinely quick to criticize him when he was absolutely awful defensively earlier in the season, right? But god forbid I make the claim that he's improved from that point, god forbid I point out the progress he's made, god forbid I don't scrutinize every little mistake he makes on D and conflate that with him somehow being this imaginary 0 effort, 0 IQ player that sinks every lineup he's in because he provides nothing on that end, according to you . Go sit and spin, seriously.
    Now I got it.....

If you deem it appropriate, you will call him out defensively...and it's even okay, if I call him out...but it's got to be on your terms.

Nobody, least of all me, denies you your ability to point out anything you want to point out. It's you, son, who wants to limit others' thoughts and observations.

Bottom Line: if you are satisfied with his defensive play...that's on you.

Good win, felt like Zion closed out well on Anderson on some of his corner 3 makes, not gonna hold that against Zion. The team looks so much better with more drive and kick happening. I think as things evolve more we're going to see Ingram dribble drive less and post up more, and vice versa for Zion. Ingram just doesn't get calls when defenders bump him off his drive and Zion can get by his man easily without needing any switches.

Points about Zion being the best scorer (in the 3pt era, at least) ever through 50 games are all true and great and everything, and God knows I appreciate them, but I feel like putting this ''within the first 50 games'' caveat on things downplays a little bit how great Zion has been offensively.

So far this season he's averaging 36.8 points per 100 on 65.5%TS. Here's the list of players who have ever done that before for a full season.

- Joel Embiid (this year)
    - Stephen Curry x3
    - Amare Stoudemire (2007-08)

That's the entiiiiire list. This is historic scoring in terms of the balance between volume and efficiency, for any player of any age.
    Basketball.

Thread Information