Thread: February 16th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Memphis Grizzlies - 11-15

Ingram in his bag right now.

Kinda like this lineup, ngl
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    1. Awful in Space....easily exploited
    2. Doesn't move his feet well...gives up angles
    3. Loses his man ad nauseum...a backdoor waiting to happen
    4. Plays with his hands and reaches (cheap fouls)
    5. Late in his rotations
    6. Often gets himself in foul trouble (and yes some are offensive...am I allowed to say that?)

Hey, but don't go by what I say, how frequently his he subbed out late in games (for Hart) defensively?
    1. and 2. are literally the same thing, and of course he's not perfect, but I think he's make great strides in that department lately. He's been pretty ok on forwards/wings, moves his feet well enough now to at least stay in front of guys. That's really all I can ask for at this stage.

3. No, he doesn't. Give me at least a recent example of him consistently getting beat backdoor. Again, he's not perfect, but SVG has his players roaming off ball on d A LOT, they have to cover a lot of ground on rotations, naturally young players are going to make mistakes trying to track man and ball at the same time when they're required to help so much, but regardless he hasn't been godawful in that department. It's not like he's the only guy that falls asleep off-ball from time to time.

4. and 6. are bull. He averages 3 fouls per 36, and has never fouled out yet in the NBA, but somehow he's always in foul trouble Reaching and picking up cheap fouls isn't something that's exclusive to him on this team, and that's to be expected with youth anyhow.

5. is also wrong, he's been one of the more active and engaged players when it comes to rotations, if anything the problem is that he overhelps at times.

The last sentence is garbage and I'm going to ignore it.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Ingram actually driving now and not kicking out. Keep doing this and feeding Zion and Josh Hart on 3s and we win.

BI playing smart tonight. He's a max player and that doesn't neccessarily mean scoring but rather elevating your teamates play. He's doing that so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    1. and 2. are literally the same thing, and of course he's not perfect, but I think he's make great strides in that department lately. He's been pretty ok on forwards/wings, moves his feet well enough now to at least stay in front of guys. That's really all I can ask for at this stage.

3. No, he doesn't. Give me at least a recent example of him consistently getting beat backdoor. Again, he's not perfect, but SVG has his players roaming off ball on d A LOT, they have to cover a lot of ground on rotations, naturally young players are going to make mistakes trying to track man and ball at the same time when they're required to help so much, but regardless he hasn't been godawful in that department. It's not like he's the only guy that falls asleep off-ball from time to time.

4. and 6. are bull. He averages 3 fouls per 30, and has never fouled out yet in the NBA, but somehow he's always in foul trouble Reaching and picking up cheap fouls isn't something that's exclusive to him on this team, and that's to be expected with youth anyhow.

5. is also wrong, he's been one of the more active and engaged players when it comes to rotations, if anything the problem is that he overhelps at times.

The last sentence is garbage and I'm going to ignore it.
    Son, with all due respect, you are blind.

or

Ignorance is, indeed, bliss.

PS: That powerhouse, Kyle Anderson, is pretty much getting what he wants against him tonight.
    Last edited by As I See It; 02-16-2021 at 08:44 PM.

I like to see that the ball is in Zion hands more often now.

or

Look... I'm not saying he's an All NBA defender. But he's also not the worst defender on planet earth, or even on the ********ing team, I feel like that distinction can be made. Because you're going cartoonishly overboard if that's your assertion.

RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    Zion is str8 up dominating this game right now.

No matter timeouts you call...you do not have anyone to guard Zion. STOP IT.

or

PS: That powerhouse, Kyle Anderson, is pretty much getting what he wants against him tonight.
    If we're going to do this thing where we determine defensive ability based on individual matchups, were you singing his praises when Jerami Grant scored 15 pts on 15 shots the other night? No?

Look... I'm not saying he's an All NBA defender. But he's also not the worst defender on planet earth, or even on the ********ing team, I feel like that distinction can be made. Because you're going cartoonishly overboard if that's your assertion.
    Nothing I said is a lie. Sorry, I wished to God, it was.

JJ doing the only thing he is good at: flopping like a **********. Whatever.

Edit: He heard me. lol
    Last edited by ragincaucasian; 02-16-2021 at 08:53 PM.

Apparently the Grizzlies have woken up JJ.

Nothing I said is a lie. Sorry, I wished to God, it was.
    Again, I'm trying to have a basketball convo with you, not this sassy comeback stuff. Answer my question, were you singing Zion's praises after he "held" Jerami Grant to 15 pts on 15 shots?

So JJ apparently got the sense knocked backed in him

Geez, I'd have thought with Zion in the game, the pels would be down by at least 40. I mean, how could anyone win anything with a player that plays absolutely no defense

Geez, I'd have thought with Zion in the game, the pels would be down by at least 40. I mean, how could anyone win anything with a player that plays absolutely no defense
    What a card you are, son!!

What a card you are, son!!
    Answer the question, son.

The Franchise
    Nobody said he doesn’t play defense just there are a lot of times he gets caught ball watching.

We own Memphis

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    The Pelicans just match up better with the Grizzlies no matter what. I wish they could match up with everybody else like that.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Nobody said he doesn’t play defense just there are a lot of times he gets caught ball watching.
    And I said, sure, he can get caught ball watching, but I generally don't think it's to an exorbitant degree, both within the context of players his age and the players on this squad. And that guy I was arguing with literally said he's a train wreck defensively, it's right there in the thread.

Ingram just bodied that dude with a crazy block

And I said, sure, he can get caught ball watching, but I generally don't think it's to an exorbitant degree, both within the context of players his age and the players on this squad. And that guy I was arguing with literally said he's a train wreck defensively, it's right there in the thread.
    Only because, right now, he is.

Nice win!! Only player to play more than 30 minutes was BI. Bodes well on a back to back.

Thread Information