Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: February 10th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Chicago Bulls - 11-12

We look like a side on a back to back

Dear God Ingram. What is wrong with you sometimes man

Can Lavine demand a trade like tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    WHY CAN WE NOT STOP SHOOTING THREES. JESUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    When BI has this mentality SVG needs to take his behind out. Shot is not falling and he single-handidly screwing this up.

looooooooooooooooooooool

good work NAW

Basketball Guru
    at the 5min mark we should have put all of the bench in and regroup for friday..

NAW literally killing our run. Nice

Team playing tired and dumb. They were feeling themselves and it burned them tonight. Lesson needs to be learned...we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    good work NAW
    He's been Hayes-level bad lately.

Man it’s time to make a damn trade. Ball. Bled or Red
    SIGN A SF

That 3rd quarter killed us. Even with crazy 3s falling for Bulls we should have been in it.

5 games in 7 days is just rough. I really enjoy 4 games a week, but it has to be brutal on the players.

Also this game is on BI. C'mon dude, stop playing like you're Kobe + a bunch of scrubs.

The Franchise
    I like Ingram but it's as if he has zero self awareness. You don't keep shooting the ********in ball when you're having a horrendous night in that regard. You focus on other things. You especially don't keep taking bad ********ing 3 point shots. He can be smart and dumb at the same time.. Or smart for two or 3 possessions, then dumb the next. He really needs to be coached out of some bad habits.

This team will be great when BI realizes he's not the alpha. I said this a few days ago. When egos go out the window we win. There were times he totally disregarded Zion when Zion had the man pinned under the basket. I've seen him do this regularly. SVG needs to address this. Players need to know their place.
    Last edited by sterlr; 02-10-2021 at 10:22 PM.

Observation

Bled is Bleeding. He's probably outta' here.

That 3rd quarter sums up our unreliable spacing. The Bulls made it difficult for us to get into the paint and we absolutely had no answer. Have to find some guys that can knock down shots. It’s a shame what has become of JJ

I left an omen early in this thread that the defense still needs massive improvement. This is going to be the #1 problem all year.

Other teams trap the opposition's best player from opening tip. Stan does it after that player has already dropped 30 in 15 minutes. And even then, that same player only needs to give it up, be ignored, then get it back wide open.

And for Stan to be such a defensive coach, why does every player on this team go flying at 3 point shooters? You never leave your feet on a closeout (or any jump shooter). Yet this team does it 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    That 3rd quarter sums up our unreliable spacing. The Bulls made it difficult for us to get into the paint and we absolutely had no answer. Have to find some guys that can knock down shots. It’s a shame what has become of JJ
    I've said it since the night we won the lottery; we need a stretch 5 like Brook Lopez. If Zion had space to operate, he would be unstoppable.

The better Kiwi for this team would have been Aron Baynes (no slight on Adams). And he would have been considerably cheaper, too.
    Last edited by As I See It; 02-10-2021 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    When BI has this mentality SVG needs to take his behind out. Shot is not falling and he single-handidly screwing this up.
    If you think BI screwed this game up, then stop watching basketball. If anything he doesn't shoot enough. 19 shots from one of your best players is on the low end. Some nights the shots won't fall.

Defense lost this game.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I've said it since the night we won the lottery; we need a stretch 5 like Brook Lopez. If Zion had space to operate, he would be unstoppable.

The better Kiwi for this team would have been Aron Baynes (no slight on Adams).
    Brook Lopez wouldn't make any difference. No team is going to let Zion get 2 feet from the rim without swarming him.

Zion needs to use a short floater or jumper more often. Thats where he needs to grow his game.

What really kills me is that you let two people kill you from the 3pt line... Which was stupid. Law of Averages defense, man.

Lavine loves playing the Pelicans. He always torches this team.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Brook Lopez wouldn't make any difference.
    It's simple geometry. If you have a big who can shoot the dime, it takes a big body out of the paint. Ask Giannis what Lopez means to his game,

It's really not rocket science; but okay.

Thread Information