Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: February 9th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Houston Rockets - 10-12

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    Should we tell him?
    Literally as I'm typing they give another. Awful.

The worst thing is there's a legit argument that none of those three fouls were legit
    Basketball.

I know this will be unpopular, but all three fouls on Zion were good calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Literally as I'm typing they give another. Awful.

The worst thing is there's a legit argument that none of those three fouls were legit
    It's painful to me that the NBA refuses to hold refs accountable for substandard officiating. It just sucks, that the extent of the punishment/reprimanding these guy get is basically a last 2 minute report. Otherwise they're untouchable. Insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I know this will be unpopular, but all three fouls on Zion were good calls.
    K

LMAO, literally can't make this ******** up

Clearly our players are frustrated with the officiating.

That was literally the exact same block Zion made, only they didn't call a foul that time.

Remember when Cousins wasn't trash

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    My memory has trouble with remembering back that far.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    That Achilles cost him big time. It's a shame that he's only a shell of his past greatness.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Cousins needs to smoke some herb and chill. They aren't testing I believe now.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    It's painful to me that the NBA refuses to hold refs accountable for substandard officiating. It just sucks, that the extent of the punishment/reprimanding these guy get is basically a last 2 minute report. Otherwise they're untouchable. Insanity.
    I agree. Don't get me wrong, I know that I'd do no better: the game moves so fast and these guys can get extremely physical and border the rules all the time and there are constant judgment calls. Put me in as a ref and I'd mess up just as bad, if not much much worse. Not trying to pretend they have an easy job.

But at the same time, the fact that we all know what I mean when I say that tonight is just a 'ref game' is a problem. It shouldn't be common to the point of cliche that we just expect, a handful of times a year, for the refs to decide that actually this game is about them. But it is: at least 3 or 4 games a year will become The Ref Game, where the officiating will be so out of whack that nobody who actually appreciates fairness can watch it without being irritated. They start giving fouls to one team for stuff they'd never call on the other side, they start yapping to the players themselves, they start reviewing every damn thing for no reason (despite never changing their calls when they do), etc, to the point where the game becomes more Reffing than playing and it annoys everyone.

The fact that we all know that is a sign of a problem.

I appreciate how much the bench is chipping in tonight.

21 points on 10/19 shooting combined (52.6%) is more than we've had from them in some entire games this year

I agree.

Bledsoe wouldn't do any better on Wall, but Lonzo would do better off-ball being a disruptor, so if the Bledsoe/Ball-on-Wall tradeoff isn't that high then why not go for the off-ball value increase?

Zach Zarba losing money on this game and it's great to see. The Mob's not gonna be happy though

These refs are either shady or incompetent.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I never heard of looking too see who the shooter was.

First half mini-stat breakdown

Zion: 10pts, 1rbd, 4asts, 2 stls on 2/2 shooting, 6/6 from the line in 7 minutes
    Ingram: 9/3/2 on 4/7 shooting (1/3 from 3)
    Adams: 6/4 with 2 stls on 3/6 shooting
    Lonzo: 7/4/1 on 2/6 shooting (1/2 from 3)
    Bledsoe: 5/1/4 with 1stl on 1/6 shooting (1/4 from 3)

Off the bench: Kira with 4pts 1ast on 1/3 shooting in 4 minutes
    12pts/8rbds for Hart: he is leading the team in minutes with 22 in the first half. Also leading the team in shot attempts (11)

We're up, 63-50

Are we actually jawing at the refs tonight? Steven talking a lot of smack

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    His feet were clearly set? WTF
    Refs doing everything in their power to tilt the scales. Predictable

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Are we actually jawing at the refs tonight? Steven talking a lot of smack
    Hard not to with this officiating.

Reminds me a lot of the Jazz game last year where we ended up losing on that Rudy foul

Personal Fouls

Houston: 10
    New Orleans: 11

Free Throws Attempted

Houston: 11 (one was a technical)
    New Orleans: 12

Looks pretty even to me.

Hard not to with this officiating.

Reminds me a lot of the Jazz game last year where we ended up losing on that Rudy foul
    We need to do it more often. So many teams get away with coercing the officials while we stand by with our thumbs up our butts. Gotta add that bit of snide

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    We need to do it more often. So many teams get away with coercing the officials while we stand by with our thumbs up our butts. Gotta add that bit of snide
    A lot of the best players in the NBA are constantly in dialogue with officials. They're playing a tough game because sometimes the officials get sick of your face after a while, but Lebron, Kyle Lowry, CP3, Draymond, KD, Harden, they're constantly in the officials face talking to them. It's good practice.

I agree.

Bledsoe wouldn't do any better on Wall, but Lonzo would do better off-ball being a disruptor, so if the Bledsoe/Ball-on-Wall tradeoff isn't that high then why not go for the off-ball value increase?
    Im genuinely surprised at how much worse Bled has been on-ball here than in Milwaukee. Wonder if that has anything to do with the scheme he played in and having two top shelf anchors on his team (Giannis and Lopez)?

Thread Information