Pelicans Report

Thread: Lebron Pal Griff Must be Fired

Lebron Pal Griff Must be Fired

Gentry is gone and now Griff must be gone. He is responsible for the construction of this roster. He has to go and I hope Ms Benson is strong enough to know when to let go. I miss Mr Benson. We would?ve been better hiring Avery Johnson or someone else for GM. This is just bad.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Didn’t know the goal was to win a championship this year. Patience.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Didn’t know the goal was to win a championship this year. Patience.
    Thanks Griff.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Winning a championship isn’t the goal. Actually trying on the court should be the goal. This team looks pathetic.

I give Griff and SVG another year to dig their own graves or be showered in roses. By then they will either be unemployable, or just passable.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 03-12-2021 at 09:41 AM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Hall of Famer
    Griff sucks

Lucked into zion

Lakers had to trade for A.D to help lebron

So far he has been basic in his role

And the team is underperforming

People are hoping this team he built lucks into another top 5 pick..ha

Too soon, but his seat needs to get hot. I get he was dealt a crap hand, but so did other teams.
    Last edited by Taker597; 03-12-2021 at 09:56 AM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Firing is a kneejerk move only a fan would think is viable. But the collar under area needs a temperature raise. Maybe his seat too.

Griff is awful but they're not gonna fire him this year. No chance that happens. None at all. Nada, not a wink

Am I doing a good job of jinxing it?

Griff got a ton of assets out of Jrue and AD, so I’d say it’s a mix of good and bad. Not enough to fire him over, but if he continues to bring in locker room trash like Bledsoe without a plan to offload him he will get the axe. The sad part is I can see Griff walking with his tail between his legs and parting said assets to move Bledsoe which would add coal to the fire. He has to bring in some shooters- even if they are short term signings to give Zion and Ingram some spacing. He also needs to bring in some actual defensive talent with energy. Stan can only do so much with a starting guard that absolutely does not want to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Griff got a ton of assets out of Jrue and AD, so I’d say it’s a mix of good and bad. Not enough to fire him over, but if he continues to bring in locker room trash like Bledsoe without a plan to offload him he will get the axe. The sad part is I can see Griff walking with his tail between his legs and parting said assets to move Bledsoe which would add coal to the fire. He has to bring in some shooters- even if they are short term signings to give Zion and Ingram some spacing. He also needs to bring in some actual defensive talent with energy. Stan can only do so much with a starting guard that absolutely does not want to be here.
    Agree that he got a lot with AD and Jrue trades. My frustration in the Jrue trade was using part of that haul to overpay for Adams. He seemed to be stuck in the past with his infatuation with Adams. Much like SVG still seems to be stuck in the past with the way he coaches. Makes me think we are suffering for hiring 2 guys who were out of the NBA for several years while other teams are focusing on younger, more progressive coaches/front office in their rebuilds.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Agree that he got a lot with AD and Jrue trades. My frustration in the Jrue trade was using part of that haul to overpay for Adams. He seemed to be stuck in the past with his infatuation with Adams. Much like SVG still seems to be stuck in the past with the way he coaches. Makes me think we are suffering for hiring 2 guys who were out of the NBA for several years while other teams are focusing on younger, more progressive coaches/front office in their rebuilds.
    I do believe there is a bit of truth to this. While I think it is important to have a big that can bruise and compete physically, you don’t need a great one in today’s NBA (and Adams happens to be one of the best bruisers around). Quickness and athleticism are key, so if Hayes ever knocks develops the mental side of the game, he will become a great big man. Adams doesn’t have nearly the same ceiling for that reason as he can’t really close out well to the 3 pt line when everyone is switching. That would be fine if our other guys were stalwart defenders but they aren’t. Adams can’t really pull a Gobert and sit in the paint as Bledsoe flaunts the red cape at every guard he sees.

If I were Jax, I would develop a shot ASAP. There is nothing more coveted than a big that can space the floor right now (and unfortunately they are rare). That is what will get him playing time regardless of his progress on the other side of the ball.
    Zion and Ingram are crying out for spacers. Wings and guards that can shoot are plentiful. Shooting big men can be very hit and miss as many struggle to compete athletically. Jax doesn’t have that issue.

Something I have to say is as UNO and others have pointed out- I want to see some consistency here from Stan and our FO. Alienating Jax, Nickeil and Kira randomly for Willy Hernangomez and the like is just stupidity if we aren’t winning. Random 8 man rotations have no place in a losing team that is trying to find it’s identity. Let’s look at the bigger picture here.

If we were top 6 and winning games, it would be different. Developing a winning culture is important too. Trying to force that to happen is idiotic. We aren’t there yet. Stay the course with development. Maybe next year we can take a step forward.

Thread Information