Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: You guys, I think we need to pay Lonzo

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Yea the difference is 25 million
    You don't know that...and neither do I.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    You don't know that...and neither do I.
    I know what he turned down this summer. I'm not sure why we all of the sudden expect Rich Paul to be reasonable in a small market with income tax

I know what he turned down this summer. I'm not sure why we all of the sudden expect Rich Paul to be reasonable in a small market with income tax
    What did he turn down this summer?

Basketball Guru
    what did we offer lonzo?...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    what did we offer lonzo?...
    I don't think anybody can tell you...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...er/ar-BB1c7H3J
    Last edited by As I See It; 02-09-2021 at 03:10 PM.

Lol we made a very reasonable offer. The headline for that article is misleading. Also made a reasonable offer to Hart that I'm sure he wishes he had accepted

Basketball Guru

Wojnarowski, who spoke with Ball’s agent Rich Paul, reports that the two sides “remain positive” they can eventually reach an agreement.

thanks....so what do the rich paul comment mean to you?...that griff is going to bend over and match a 20+mil offer lol...

Basketball Guru
    Lol we made a very reasonable offer. The headline for that article is misleading. Also made a reasonable offer to Hart that I'm sure he wishes he had accepted
    so you dont think hart will get a bigger offer than what we offered him?..

What did we offer them? I have not seen that anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    What did we offer them? I have not seen that anywhere.
    ...and I don't think you ever will.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    so you dont think hart will get a bigger offer than what we offered him?..
    Hart bet on himself but there's just too many mouths to feed here. No way he could put up the numbers he needed to get paid like a starter unless he just had insane efficiency

So what is the board's opinions on Hart's value? If he would just attack early more often to get a couple easy baskets his efficiency would probably go up significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dago75 View Post
    So what is the board's opinions on Hart's value? If he would just attack early more often to get a couple easy baskets his efficiency would probably go up significantly.
    He's a solid bench roleplayer, a good rebounder. Not really a great shooter or finisher, makes a lot of bonehead plays, not a great playmaker or a self-creator, but he hustles hard and is a decent enough defender and its' not like he's a total non-shooter either.

Would be extremely sceptical of paying him anymore than about $12m a year. Can't afford to cough up big money for decent bench guys when you're still trying to fit our your main roster.
    Basketball.

And his performance this year so far hasn't done much to help his value. Hope we can keep him...a team needs a high energy hustle guy on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by Dago75 View Post
    And his performance this year so far hasn't done much to help his value. Hope we can keep him...a team needs a high energy hustle guy on the bench
    I can see a contending team giving him the MLE. He's a championship piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He's a solid bench roleplayer, a good rebounder. Not really a great shooter or finisher, makes a lot of bonehead plays, not a great playmaker or a self-creator, but he hustles hard and is a decent enough defender and its' not like he's a total non-shooter either.

Would be extremely sceptical of paying him anymore than about $12m a year. Can't afford to cough up big money for decent bench guys when you're still trying to fit our your main roster.
    $10-$12 million makes sense.

$10-$12 million makes sense.
    This is around what I heard in the offseason and I think he's basically playing into that contract, not much more. 35% on 3.5 attempts per game just won't cut it long term, but I have confidence that, at the very least, the volume can improve.

Another nice thing about giving Hart more than the MLE is for future trade aggregation. Every dollar can help

So what do we think Lonzo Ball's trade value is right now? What would it take for you to move him prior to the deadline?

So what do we think Lonzo Ball's trade value is right now? What would it take for you to move him prior to the deadline?
    Depends on what he is looking for in a contract. That would make the decision of whether we trade him or not and whether another team is willing to take him on based on his contract demands. Do you think he demands more than say, $18-$20 million a year? If so, I think that limits his destinations.

If the Bulls are truly interested, not sure what they have that we would be interested in other than draft picks.

Depends on what he is looking for in a contract. That would make the decision of whether we trade him or not and whether another team is willing to take him on based on his contract demands. Do you think he demands more than say, $18-$20 million a year? If so, I think that limits his destinations.

If the Bulls are truly interested, not sure what they have that we would be interested in other than draft picks.
    I think he's probably going to be traded regardless of his contract demands unless the Pels go on some insane run

If lonzo continues to play like this he will be worth 20mil per year .. at least.

Lonzo is worth $15-$16 million max. He is an extremely inconsistent player and always will be because of his attitude and mentality. I would only sign him to anything more as a sign and trade to match salaries to get Beal.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Lonzo is worth $15-$16 million max. He is an extremely inconsistent player and always will be because of his attitude and mentality. I would only sign him to anything more as a sign and trade to match salaries to get Beal.
    If he stays inconsistent then he will be worth even less but what if he actually becomes consistent? He is still young and had VERY LITTLE stability so far. His shooting form has really changed and he is starting to attack the rim a bit more. His form at the free throw line looks better too. If he turns the corner and just keeps playing like this he will be worth 20 mil if not more. His defense is great and he also seems like a cool dude who won’t pout

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    If he stays inconsistent then he will be worth even less but what if he actually becomes consistent? He is still young and had VERY LITTLE stability so far. His shooting form has really changed and he is starting to attack the rim a bit more. His form at the free throw line looks better too. If he turns the corner and just keeps playing like this he will be worth 20 mil if not more. His defense is great and he also seems like a cool dude who won’t pout
    The question is how much are you willing to gamble that he will turn that corner.

If you pay him $20 or $25m and he doesn't turn that corner, you've basically hamstrung the entire team and your ability to team-build throughout the entirety of Ingram's contract and Zion's rookie deal. Which is a potentially franchise wrecking mistake.

Lonzo is probably not a fit long term next to Zion and BI unless he's a legit 40% 3 point shooter that attracts an extreme amount of gravity. If he's not, then the only reason to sign him to an extension is to keep the asset. If the purpose of keeping Lonzo is to keep the asset, then you have to ask your self at which price point is the asset completely depreciated or negative.

Thread Information