Pelicans Report

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: You guys, I think we need to pay Lonzo

Some one is lying. Then again lonzo could be playing both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post

I just embed the tweet for you

If this is true, a sign and trade isn't too likely but could happen. It's a big chance he leaves for a crazy amount, but I'm not too sad about that.
    You have to take the guys that say ?some agent? with a grain of salt. Not that it isn?t true, but it?s another nothing tweet.

Trade Zo and Ingram for Booker

Defenses don’t think those 2 can hit shots in pressure situations so they will just continue to triple team wall Zion in the 4th.

You build around Zion by trading away players that defenses aren’t scared about for players that have real shooting gravity.

Please don’t pay Zo
    SIGN A SF

I love Zo but at this point bro is free to go and be free. Kira and NAW are the backcourt of the future and they love it here.

Yeah Zo gonna get a sign and trade this off season

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Yeah Zo gonna get a sign and trade this off season
    Interested to see how that'll go. Unless New York or whoever doesn't want to pay him 25M, I'd be ecstatic to do a S&T.

Edit: No this doesn't mean I WANT to get rid of Lonzo. I just don't agree with his demand of 20m so I would definitely trade him or let him walk.
    Last edited by hornetzplaya; 03-29-2021 at 10:52 PM.

Interested to see how that'll go. Unless New York or whoever doesn't want to pay him 25M, I'd be ecstatic to do a S&T.

Edit: No this doesn't mean I WANT to get rid of Lonzo. I just don't agree with his demand of 20m so I would definitely trade him or let him walk.
    The concerning part of a S&T is that he reportedly favors Chicago and NY, both teams that can create enough space to sign him. The more advantageous thing for the Pels would be him wanting to go to a team without a lot of cap so that we could get value out of a S&T as the Pels would have a little more leverage.

Quote Originally Posted by akhan786 View Post
    Trade Zo and Ingram for Booker

Defenses don’t think those 2 can hit shots in pressure situations so they will just continue to triple team wall Zion in the 4th.

You build around Zion by trading away players that defenses aren’t scared about for players that have real shooting gravity.
    We can all dream that but it seems Booker is happy again in PHX.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    You have to take the guys that say ?some agent? with a grain of salt. Not that it isn?t true, but it?s another nothing tweet.
    Rich Paul. Look if you ever saw Zo’s show it is kind of how he feels.
    https://youtu.be/EjlkDWemX0Q
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 03-30-2021 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    The concerning part of a S&T is that he reportedly favors Chicago and NY, both teams that can create enough space to sign him. The more advantageous thing for the Pels would be him wanting to go to a team without a lot of cap so that we could get value out of a S&T as the Pels would have a little more leverage.
    Hey, if a team wants to pay Zo 22-25M after one good season I say let them limit their cap space. You see how that's working out for Washington with Davis Bertans.

Dennis Schroeder just turned down an 4/84 offer. Unless Dennis is pulling Nerlen Noel... Lonzo Ball maybe getting $22-$24 million per.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Dennis Schroeder just turned down an 4/84 offer. Unless Dennis is pulling Nerlen Noel... Lonzo Ball maybe getting $22-$24 million per.
    *Shrug* can't say I didn't see it coming.
    Basketball.

Meh, he's lying.
    Last edited by hornetzplaya; 03-31-2021 at 01:51 PM.

Meh, he's lying.
    So, you hear it directly from his own mouth and now want to claim he is lying. A report by a writer you do not know and talks about discussions with someone other than Lonzo holds more credibility?

Lonzo will definitely stay and be happy if we pay him. If we met his number this offseason, he would've stayed. If we offer him around 20 this summer, he will stay. But saying he likes Chicago and New York is also smart for leverage. Imagine that he does want to stay, but also wants to get paid as much as possible -- should he say he wants to be here and only here no matter what? Of course not, because then the team will have no fear of loss. And fear of loss leads to people paying more.

Things are never as black or white as portrayed in the media or on message boards. "The Pelicans want to trade Lonzo" "The Pelicans will not move Lonzo" -- neither of those things are true. If the Bulls offer Lauri plus a first, he is a Bull right now. They didn't so he is a Pelican. And same will play out this summer. If the sign and trade offers are X and the price tag is Y, he is gone, but if offers are A and price tag is B, he will stay for now, and maybe for a while.

You could've asked Griff an hour before the deadline if Lonzo would be a Pelican and he would have said "I dont know" and passed a lie detector. He doesnt know if he will be here now, and neither does Lonzo or Rich Paul or New York or Chicago
    @mcnamara247

So, you hear it directly from his own mouth and now want to claim he is lying. A report by a writer you do not know and talks about discussions with someone other than Lonzo holds more credibility?
    We're entitled to our own opinions. My opinion is, he's lying.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Lonzo will definitely stay and be happy if we pay him. If we met his number this offseason, he would've stayed. If we offer him around 20 this summer, he will stay. But saying he likes Chicago and New York is also smart for leverage. Imagine that he does want to stay, but also wants to get paid as much as possible -- should he say he wants to be here and only here no matter what? Of course not, because then the team will have no fear of loss. And fear of loss leads to people paying more.

Things are never as black or white as portrayed in the media or on message boards. "The Pelicans want to trade Lonzo" "The Pelicans will not move Lonzo" -- neither of those things are true. If the Bulls offer Lauri plus a first, he is a Bull right now. They didn't so he is a Pelican. And same will play out this summer. If the sign and trade offers are X and the price tag is Y, he is gone, but if offers are A and price tag is B, he will stay for now, and maybe for a while.

You could've asked Griff an hour before the deadline if Lonzo would be a Pelican and he would have said "I dont know" and passed a lie detector. He doesnt know if he will be here now, and neither does Lonzo or Rich Paul or New York or Chicago
    I can agree here. If he continues this level of play and is willing to stay for 20m. I'm okay with that. This young core can definitely do some damage with continuity.

It all depends on what he values more. Does he value his friendships here and the potential to win more? Zion and BI are probably the two biggest pieces he will get to play with if the other ‘preferred’ destinations are accurate. Does he value making stupid money in New York plus being in a big market? From everything I’ve seen and heard from him lately he strikes me as a lowkey guy that enjoys being out of the spotlight. It wouldn’t surprise me if he wasn’t lying. I can live with either direction, but he has to work with us if he wants to stay.

Dealing with reality as you did here is good and should, but probably won't, stop many of the ridiculous hot takes. I was wondering, though, if people have the past Knicks in mind when they think the Knicks will throw big money (25M-28M) at Lonzo. I can't believe current coach Thibodeau would be on board with that. He knows what prime D Rose was and Lonzo is not at that level. Amirite? Or can we only say, "We'll see"?

I love Kyra’s potential, and I’m also liking what NAW is doing. I like Zo but not as much as I like Kyra and Naw. This summer will be interesting.

In a perfect universe I would prefer a more traditional 3 and d guard. Someone who may not be the playmaker (in transition at least) that Lonzo is, but is a better (less streaky) shooter and more fundamentally sound defensively. But those guys are hard to come by in free agency especially if your a marker like New Orleans. So if our only option is pay Lonzo more than we would like, maybe we have to hold our nose and do it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnpagenola View Post
    Dealing with reality as you did here is good and should, but probably won't, stop many of the ridiculous hot takes. I was wondering, though, if people have the past Knicks in mind when they think the Knicks will throw big money (25M-28M) at Lonzo. I can't believe current coach Thibodeau would be on board with that. He knows what prime D Rose was and Lonzo is not at that level. Amirite? Or can we only say, "We'll see"?
    I have never worried about New York as the big, bad threat. First of all, Rich Paul and World Wide Wes/Leon Rose have some bad blood and that negotiation wont go smooth. Beyond that, I imagine the Knicks see themselves just as the Clippers and Nets were a year or so before landing their big fish. Respectable team, playing the right way in a large market. Why are they going to ruin flexibility by going and signing a B player at an A price?

Chicago is in a tough spot because they dont have a ton of cap room with Lauri's cap hold on the books and they also might want to use about 10 mil of their cap room to raise and extend Lavine, otherwise risk him hitting unrestricted free agency the following year.

Charlotte makes some sense, until you realize they have at least 2 (maybe 3 or 4) guards as good or better than Lonzo, and the two who are on par with him are much cheaper. They also have a huge hole up front and should go that way. Miami will prioritize Oladipo and/or Lowry first. And San Antonio doesnt need Lonzo, nor do I think Rich Paul will be in a rush to push him there.

So, where is this huge offer going to come from? My bet is that it wont. The only question is if they meet in the middle and sign the deal or if Lonzo goes and gets an offer sheet and brings it back to the Pels. Third path, of course, is a team without cap room has interest in him and has something the Pels covet more (Luke Kennard, Thybulle, etc)

I would bet on him being back here for about 4/72, and is always available if a good deal presents itself - as all good, but not great, players should be. You trade Bledsoe and picks for a front court player. Start Lonzo and NAW with Kira getting 7th man minutes and take the next step to possible home court team, all while keeping options open for that big move to put you over the top

I would bet on him being back here for about 4/72, and is always available if a good deal presents itself - as all good, but not great, players should be. You trade Bledsoe and picks for a front court player. Start Lonzo and NAW with Kira getting 7th man minutes and take the next step to possible home court team, all while keeping options open for that big move to put you over the top
    If he signs for that, it should still be a contract that is moveable if a better deal comes available.

If he signs for that, it should still be a contract that is moveable if a better deal comes available.
    Absolutely.

I still say watch the Clippers. Rondo is a very short term fix (if at all). I could see a a sign and trade with LAC.

Thread Information