Pelicans Report

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

Thread: You guys, I think we need to pay Lonzo

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Funnily enough, what the Clips need most is a penetrator who can threaten the rim and create collapses, and Lonzo is very much not that.

But if they want to cough up or facilitate a three way for him, I'm in.
    I'm down for some Kennard plus assets. We need a deep switch up.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    The problem with the Clippers is they only have one first rounder available for trade...in 2027. So what would a trade look like with that in mind and Kennard? I guess something like this?

https://tradenba.com/trades/lN1Bq72qb

trade

I don't want to pay Lonzo, the main reason being that he doesn't know what to do when he drives into a congested lane

His brother Melo is amazing at it

Mods pls edit accordingly

Lonzo does make those pretty cool pocket passes well, but he never really bends the defense. Again like Melo does

And his mid range game is worse than terrible

Just let him be snapped up by New York or whatever. Chicago, Charlotte.

I'm starting to think a sign and trade is the highest outcome if all parties are on board.

The other team gets his Bird Rights which is a big incentive
    Last edited by AusPel; 03-19-2021 at 03:57 PM.

lol

Why wouldn't Sac Town trade their franchise guy for Lonzo

Well if the Knicks want Lonzo give us RJ and Zion will never leave us. Add a draft pick or two as well.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yf4kdts7

Lonzo and a few 1sts for Barrett maybe

He's virtually their franchise guy

The trade could happen but I don't see it happening. They could just sign him in FA

Interestingly enough, I'm sure Griff and Trajan proposing a trade from a team nobody thought we would deal with. One of our guards is gone for sure. Bled or Lonzo (and JJ) gotta go. We've been trying to draw interest in those guys for a while, now it's time to off load one of them and hopefully get a decent return so we can grow our younger prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    Interestingly enough, I'm sure Griff and Trajan proposing a trade from a team nobody thought we would deal with. One of our guards is gone for sure. Bled or Lonzo (and JJ) gotta go. We've been trying to draw interest in those guys for a while, now it's time to off load one of them and hopefully get a decent return so we can grow our younger prospects.
    Which of the other 29 teams would seriously want Bledsoe?

None, so immediately you have to start attaching assets which pisses me off

JJ is probably gone for a second rounder

Lonzo is probably here past the deadline

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Which of the other 29 teams would seriously want Bledsoe?

None, so immediately you have to start attaching assets which pisses me off

JJ is probably gone for a second rounder

Lonzo is probably here past the deadline
    I'd be willing to expend 1 and MAYBE 2 picks depending on the return. Plus with Bleds contract only 3.9M in 2022-23 season that can maybe be an asset. But I'm not optimistic about any potential return from him.

The ESPN trade machine just proves how idiotic people can be these days. The same goes for trade threads on Pelicans Report. Mr. McNamara is right about that.

Questionable for Sunday’s game?

Perhaps it means nothing, but Luke Kennard has not hit the floor tonight for the Clippers at all.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Perhaps it means nothing, but Luke Kennard has not hit the floor tonight for the Clippers at all.
    Well, he did play the final 6:30.

Let’s just do this now...

Lonzo and Eric Bledsoe

For

Luke Kennard, Patrick Beverley (bridge to Kira starting who adds D and veteran leadership), Lou Williams (expiring), and M. Kapengele

then buyout or trade Redick for a 2nd round pick.

Lineup:

PG: Beverley/Lewis
    SG: Kennard/Williams (FA)/NAW
    SF: Ingram/Hart (re-sign)
    PF: Zion/Kapengele/Melli (FA) /Gabriel (TO)
    C: Adams/Hayes/Hernangomez (FA)

Why would you start Kennard over NAW?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Let?s just do this now...

Lonzo and Eric Bledsoe

For

Luke Kennard, Patrick Beverley (bridge to Kira starting who adds D and veteran leadership), Lou Williams (expiring), and M. Kapengele

then buyout or trade Redick for a 2nd round pick.

Lineup:

PG: Beverley/Lewis
    SG: Kennard/Williams (FA)/NAW
    SF: Ingram/Hart (re-sign)
    PF: Zion/Kapengele/Melli (FA) /Gabriel (TO)
    C: Adams/Hayes/Hernangomez (FA)
    I wouldn?t mind this trade with the exception of Lou Williams being traded to a third team for a pick and another expiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    I wouldn?t mind this trade with the exception of Lou Williams being traded to a third team for a pick and another expiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree. For example Lou to the 76ers for Ferguson/Korkmaz and a 2nd round pick.

Griff is looking for contracts and picks for Lonzo to move in the 'Big deal' this offseason/next year

When thinking of your Lonzo trades, dont think about guys you want here long term. Think about assets and tradeable salaries to attach to Bledsoe, a young guy or two and some other picks to go get the big fish. Thats what Griff is trying to do
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Griff is looking for contracts and picks for Lonzo to move in the 'Big deal' this offseason/next year

When thinking of your Lonzo trades, dont think about guys you want here long term. Think about assets and tradeable salaries to attach to Bledsoe, a young guy or two and some other picks to go get the big fish. Thats what Griff is trying to do
    Great Call Mac. I feel the same way, This trade will be, if made, for the assets it brings and not necessarily the players.

Further, I think they'd like to find something 'enticing' that they can couple with Adams when he becomes tradable in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Great Call Mac. I feel the same way, This trade will be, if made, is for the assets it brings and not necessarily the players.

Further, I think they'd like to find something 'enticing' that they can couple with Adams when he becomes tradable in the summer.
    To be fair, its not a "call" -- it is direct info from people involved.

But that is the goal - to take a huge swing this summer, or at the latest before next trade deadline, and to do that he needs assets and expiring salary. Or even if he gets a guy like Cam Reddish, he would be in the eventual big trade.

So if Lonzo is traded (I am still skeptical), dont look at the deal in a vacuum. It is a set up trade for the next one

It depends on how we finish on whether I want to pay Lonzo. If it looks like we will end up with a top 6 pick than I would rather not pay him unless Mobley ends up being my pick. But if it looks like we will pick at the end of the lottery than I may want him back. It?s hard to find guys as talented as him everyday. Cause if we end up with Cade, Green, Kuminga, Barnes, or Suggs than I would rather have them start with either Kira, NAW, or even BI(if we end up with Kuminga or Barnes) in the backcourt.

His shot has improved so much that I may be willing to pay him, but I may have to have his word that he would be ok starting at the 2. So if a trade comes to fruition that is too good to pass up I?m jumping on it. Cause I would be fine with a possible Kira & NAW backcourt if I don?t end up with a right away starting caliber player in the draft.

Thread Information