Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: February 6th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Memphis Grizzlies - 9-12

“ Y’all need to go look at McNamara’s Twitter. He’s been drunk ranting tonight and it’s pure comedy.”

Comedy isn’t exactly the word I would use, but it has been...something.

Pretty weird and gross, honestly.
    Last edited by Loco Hornet Fan; 02-07-2021 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loco Hornet Fan View Post
    “Comedy” isn’t exactly the word I would use, but it has been...something.

I wonder if his "wife" reads his Twitter posts

One thing that was nice to see was the bench cheering on the guys despite not getting any playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by Loco Hornet Fan View Post
    “ Y’all need to go look at McNamara’s Twitter. He’s been drunk ranting tonight and it’s pure comedy.”

Comedy isn’t exactly the word I would use, but it has been...something.

Both weird, and gross, and also extremely misogynistic so y'know. It's all there.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Both weird, and gross, and also extremely misogynistic so y'know. It's all there.
    If he really manages a restaurant or whatever as he purports, I see a sexual harassment lawsuit very much on the horizon
    Last edited by AusPel; 02-07-2021 at 04:41 AM.

Great team win !
    Finally we played with a certain continuity and idea

Just saw that dude's Twitter tonight after reading the thread.. what the hell happened to him?

Am I wrong or was he not a somewhat known if not moderately thought of Pelicans/ Hornets voice down here?Cripes that was unpleasant to read. I'm out of the loop there so thanks in advance.

Great win tonight, think we're seeing Stan sitting down with Z and BI for film study and accountability creeping in!
    "..but there's Baron dribbling the ball for 20 seconds, hoisting bad 3s and single-handedly killing them in close games. It's like somebody shrunk Antoine Walker and gave him his own team."
    - Bill Simmons (2006)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Just saw that dude's Twitter tonight after reading the thread.. what the hell happened to him?

Am I wrong or was he not a somewhat known if not moderately thought of Pelicans/ Hornets voice down here?Cripes that was unpleasant to read. I'm out of the loop there so thanks in advance.

Great win tonight, think we're seeing Stan sitting down with Z and BI for film study and accountability creeping in!
    He's known, though largely (At least at this point, maybe it was different years ago before I was here) for being condescending and smug about his numerous extremely bad takes.

Like, don't get me wrong, I've been wrong before (big time) and sometimes I get a bit snappy but he's a whole new level.

His most recent shtick has been coming into every thread to point out that anyone who disagrees with him just isn't as ''objective'' as he is, so while on one level it's just pathetic to see him commenting that kind of thing, it's kind of amusing in a schadenfreude way for the self proclaimed Mr Rational to just do... that...

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Here we are again. Is the new Lonzo for real? Do we want to keep him again? Serious question.
    Or his trade stock is going up. Another way of looking at it

A Lonzo who ironed out his offensive flaws is an all-NBA player. He's at least second team all defense this season

But that's a dream at this point lol
    Last edited by AusPel; 02-07-2021 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    A Lonzo who ironed out his offensive flaws is an all-NBA player. He's at least second team all defense this season

But that's a dream at this point lol
    Yeah, and it's also something you could say about almost any player.

If you take X player and fix all their flaws, they become really great.

Yeah, and it's also something you could say about almost any player.

If you take X player and fix all their flaws, they become really great.
    If we take confidence out of play, what are the skill sets holding Zo back?

Being able to drive and finish when he doesn't have a gaping wide lane, no mid range/floater game, indecision when driving

Being able to drive and finish when he doesn't have a gaping wide lane, no mid range/floater game, indecision when driving
    It’s all mental with him (apart from maybe his finishing at the rim, but as we saw earlier this season he is capable of making good reads on closeouts). Do I want to bet a whole ton of money one somebody whose ego will shatter at the snap of a finger? Do I want to take a chance with someone that will dribble off his foot 3 times in a game being so lax with the ball? He has some serious issues to fix. He needs to show BIG consistency for anyone here to buy on him.

Weirdly bad passer in the half court, mediocre handle for a guard, can't shoot FTS to save his life.

The Franchise
    I’m just hoping teams see what zo, Bledsoe, and to a lesser extent Redick can be. We need assets to get the big fish and hopefully them playing well will get us more assets.

Zo has been playing well defensively all season so if say Atlanta wants some defense with some inconsistent offense then Zo is your guy. Plus Zo is a low usage guy on offense which would help some teams

Bledsoe hitting 3’s is huge and his value should be rising to

Redick still not hitting but helping the team in other ways so that’s good and his shot will come around.

I’m ready for action, I think today is the first day players signed in the offseason can be traded, so full team rosters should be available.

Weirdly bad passer in the half court, mediocre handle for a guard, can't shoot FTS to save his life.
    When the ref tosses him the ball at the free throw line he should just catch and shoot. There's no telling what's going on inside his head (I think his brain impedes him from being the player he could be). He's much better when he just reacts to a play instead of thinking it out; that's why he excels defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I’m just hoping teams see what zo, Bledsoe, and to a lesser extent Redick can be. We need assets to get the big fish and hopefully them playing well will get us more assets.

Zo has been playing well defensively all season so if say Atlanta wants some defense with some inconsistent offense then Zo is your guy. Plus Zo is a low usage guy on offense which would help some teams

Bledsoe hitting 3’s is huge and his value should be rising to

Redick still not hitting but helping the team in other ways so that’s good and his shot will come around.

I’m ready for action, I think today is the first day players signed in the offseason can be traded, so full team rosters should be available.
    I think Lonzo is actually a really good fit in ATL next to Trae.

Lonzo helps cover a bit for the guard D that Trae cannot do, and is mostly fine at Catch and Shoot 3s even if he's inconsistent.

Meanwhile Trae is precisely the kind of dynamic lead guard and half court passer that covers for all of Lonzos deficiencies

Would love to try and extract Huerter for Lonzo. Probably not happening tho

I think Lonzo is actually a really good fit in ATL next to Trae.

Lonzo helps cover a bit for the guard D that Trae cannot do, and is mostly fine at Catch and Shoot 3s even if he's inconsistent.

Meanwhile Trae is precisely the kind of dynamic lead guard and half court passer that covers for all of Lonzos deficiencies

Would love to try and extract Huerter for Lonzo. Probably not happening tho
    If I had to bet, Lonzo isn't going anyplace. Offensively his game has come alive as a catch and shoot 2 in the half court; he's taking it to the basket well; he would be a nice sidekick for Kira; he's always been dependable defensively; and, he is well like in the locker room. But most important of all, he is part of David Griffin's Signature AD Trade. Egos are difficult foes to overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    If I had to bet, Lonzo isn't going anyplace. Offensively his game has come alive as a catch and shoot 2 in the half court; he's taking it to the basket well; he would be a nice sidekick for Kira; he's always been dependable defensively; and, he is well like in the locker room. But most important of all, he is part of David Griffin's Signature AD Trade. Egos are difficult foes to overcome.
    Not keeping Lonzo wouldn't tarnish that trade for Griff at all. BI alone is enough at this point. Plus if Lonzo is traded for something that becomes an eventual key player here, that's just another cherry.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    One thing that was nice to see was the bench cheering on the guys despite not getting any playing time.
    I notice that they always do that.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Not keeping Lonzo wouldn't tarnish that trade for Griff at all. BI alone is enough at this point. Plus if Lonzo is traded for something that becomes an eventual key player here, that's just another cherry.
    I honestly though Griff extracted more than he warranted to since Toni demanded he go to LA. Even though Toni is a superstar, what leverage did we really have

It's the pick 4 trade that looks ******** right now

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I honestly though Griff extracted more than he warranted to since Toni demanded he go to LA. Even though Toni is a superstar, what leverage did we really have

It's the pick 4 trade that looks ******** right now
    I’ll get over that as long as Kira turns out as good as I expect.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I’m just hoping teams see what zo, Bledsoe, and to a lesser extent Redick can be.
    You don't think that after 17 seasons, teams don't know what Redick can be

You don't think that after 17 seasons, teams don't know what Redick can be
    Yeah, if someone trades for Redick is based on the assumption that he's just in a bad situation or needs a change of scenery to get him back to his normal self. He doesn't have to prove anything to anyone, he's an all-time shooter.

Thread Information