Pelicans Report

Thread: Golden State Deal

Trade Idea Golden State Deal

Say Griff decides this aint our time and looks to the future and bringing in another young piece, what would you think of something based around:

Adams & Lonzo for Wiseman & Wiggins

Wiseman seems to have legit range and speed and skills, just needs experience and time to play smarter. Wiggins is a bad contract but thats the price you pay for getting a #2 pick as a rookie.

Pels roll out:

Wiseman / Hayes
    Zion / Melli
    Ingram / Wiggins
    Hart / NAW
    Bledsoe / Kira

Sorry bruh, that deal would never happen. Not even close. Best we could do in a Lonzo trade with the Warriors would be something centered on Kelly Oubre or Eric Paschall and a 2nd round pick—though if Oubre throws up any more 40-burgers he’ll be off the table as well.

I think both teams would say no to that.

Golden State seems obsessed with Wiseman, they cannot stop gushing over him, and it's been long known that Kerr and Myers have a thing for height and size. He's like their little Golden Boy.

On the other hand, we'd have to accept Wiggins, who is playing probably his best basketball ever and still isn't very good, and is on a massive contract for several more years.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Golden State seems obsessed with Wiseman, they cannot stop gushing over him, and it's been long known that Kerr and Myers have a thing for height and size. He's like their little Golden Boy.

On the other hand, we'd have to accept Wiggins, who is playing probably his best basketball ever and still isn't very good, and is on a massive contract for several more years.
    I suppose my devils advocate opinion is 'but they get Adams and he's like the early Bogut years type Center and is a win now piece, Wiseman being benched lately for Looney doesn't speak volumes for him being in Curry/Klay's championship window?

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Sorry bruh, that deal would never happen. Not even close. Best we could do in a Lonzo trade with the Warriors would be something centered on Kelly Oubre or Eric Paschall and a 2nd round pick?though if Oubre throws up any more 40-burgers he?ll be off the table as well.
    To me it depends on how far off they think Wiseman is from being ready. Curry, Dray and Klay's windows is closing. We could also throw in picks for their eventual rebuild (Lakers & Bucks picks)

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    To me it depends on how far off they think Wiseman is from being ready. Curry, Dray and Klay's windows is closing. We could also throw in picks for their eventual rebuild (Lakers & Bucks picks)
    You think Wiseman is worth Adams plus multiple firsts? That's exceedingly generous to Wiseman.

You think Wiseman is worth Adams plus multiple firsts? That's exceedingly generous to Wiseman.
    I think Wiseman is an extremely good fit and has borderline all-star as the floor of his future. But others may think differently

No team would trade a player they just drafted #2 overall by the first trade deadline they see. I don't think that's ever happened and probably never will.

I think Wiseman is an extremely good fit and has borderline all-star as the floor of his future. But others may think differently
    This a extremely unrealistic trade bro.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

I wouldn't say Wiggins still isn't very good, but definitely not worth his contract. He is actually playing solid defense now and more selective in his shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I wouldn't say Wiggins still isn't very good, but definitely not worth his contract. He is actually playing solid defense now and more selective in his shooting.
    My reasoning for saying he's still not very good, just for clarification, even though he is definitely playing his best thus far:

- Still not shooting league average TS%
    - Still a really pretty poor defender
    - Scoring rate has dipped, not just volume (per. 100)
    - Still has a negative net rating
    - Career low FTr and FT%
    - Minus 4 on/off even though his backup isn't very good either

For $13m you'd be like, yeah sure fine. For $29.5m this year, going up to $31.5m next year, and then $33.6m the year after, it's unacceptably terrible. Therefore the middle ground is ''not very good''. Extremely poor value for money, is a very mediocre roleplayer with low feel getting superstar money.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    No team would trade a player they just drafted #2 overall by the first trade deadline they see. I don't think that's ever happened and probably never will.
    The Pelicans traded Buddy Hield, the #6 overall, at the first trade deadline. Anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by pr1840 View Post
    The Pelicans traded Buddy Hield, the #6 overall, at the first trade deadline. Anything is possible.
    Huge difference between a #6 like Buddy Hield and a #2 like James Wiseman, that could have easily gone #1.

Like I don't trade Wiseman for Cousins not even back then.

Say Griff decides this aint our time and looks to the future and bringing in another young piece, what would you think of something based around:

Adams & Lonzo for Wiseman & Wiggins

Wiseman seems to have legit range and speed and skills, just needs experience and time to play smarter. Wiggins is a bad contract but thats the price you pay for getting a #2 pick as a rookie.

Pels roll out:

Wiseman / Hayes
    Zion / Melli
    Ingram / Wiggins
    Hart / NAW
    Bledsoe / Kira
    Is this Pelicans Talk?
    Just terrible

Thread Information