Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bradley Beal Top Preferred Destination is New Orleans??? ( Rumor)

Any way we can get him without giving up our 1st this year?

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I heard that Pels could do it if they are willing to part with BI. I wouldn’t do that.

If we do this deal now, we?d almost certainly have to protect the pick to some extent. Just as a precaution (although I think it will be difficult for us to get a top 5 pick even if we don?t acquire Beal). As someone said earlier, it may just be better to wait if we don?t get the deal we want. Time is on our side. If we somehow pull a miracle out of our butt and manage to flip assets from Lonzo, Bled and Red in a trade for Beal, then it makes more sense to do it now. Otherwise, we should wait.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    I'm sorry, what?

Doubtful unless they are just in love with someone like Ball, NAW or Hayes. Best case would be to get some light protection on the pick (top 3-5) and even that would be a longshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I heard that Pels could do it if they are willing to part with BI. I wouldn’t do that.
    Pshhh no deal.

I heard that Pels could do it if they are willing to part with BI. I wouldn?t do that.
    Seems like a total lateral move. Beal wasn't near the player Ingram is at the same age. Obviously, development isn't linear; but when your best player is 20, you shouldn't be moving a 23 year old star for a 28 year old star. The only way I'd ever consider trading Ingram is if we think Zion is ready defensively, and there is a true superstar available who is still in his prime (Luka, Giannis, etc)

They can have anything they want besides Ingram, Zion, or this years first unless it’s top 7 protected.

They can have 2 of our future 1sts and 1 laker 1st and one Milwaukee 1st for all I care.

They can have anything they want besides Ingram, Zion, or this years first unless it’s top 7 protected.

They can have 2 of our future 1sts and 1 laker 1st and one Milwaukee 1st for all I care.
    For a year and a half rental?

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    What makes you think he wouldn't extend?

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Can we afford another max player? Wouldn't we go into the luxury tax? Especially since we'd have to pay Zion then as well.

Judging by the Twitter replies it seems this source is clickbait but we will see,

Give em Adams

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Give em Adams
    That’s the thing is they will have to try and match Salary and that would leave Bled, Adams, JJ, and Zo as the perfect candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Can we afford another max player? Wouldn't we go into the luxury tax? Especially since we'd have to pay Zion then as well.
    The plan has always been to go get the third star. Can easily fit 3 max guys under the tax. The tough part is to then hit on the fringe moves.

That’s the thing is they will have to try and match Salary and that would leave Bled, Adams, JJ, and Zo as the perfect candidates.
    Can match Beal's salary with Lonzo, JJ, and Melli. Don't need to include Adams and Bled

or........

What makes you think he will?

The plan has always been to go get the third star. Can easily fit 3 max guys under the tax. The tough part is to then hit on the fringe moves.
    Wouldn't say "easily" but can be done. The disadvantage we would have is that the winning teams with many expensive star players are destinations, so vets will sign with them at a reduced cost. Would they do the same to come to Pels?

Can match Beal's salary with Lonzo, JJ, and Melli. Don't need to include Adams and Bled
    All three are expiring contracts.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    All three are expiring contracts.
    And?

The Franchise
    I’d be willing to chance it. If it doesn’t look like we’ll keep him, I’m sure we could get a good haul next year trade deadline.

Thread Information