Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bradley Beal Top Preferred Destination is New Orleans??? ( Rumor)

Rumor Bradley Beal Top Preferred Destination is New Orleans??? ( Rumor)

Not sure if this guy is legit, but he covers for the NBA and has a decent size followers. Not sure how to post link but the article states from a league source that Bradley Beal wants to be traded in New Orleans???

https://twitter.com/LandonBuford/sta...922020867?s=19
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Let's not break out those Beal avatars just yet
    Last edited by AusPel; 02-04-2021 at 08:12 PM.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Let's not break out those Beal avatars just yet
    I'm sorry, what?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    I'm sorry, what?
    Well played.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Well played.
    There is child abuse, there is elder abuse, and in the middle of those you have Bradley Beal abuse. The Wizards need to let this man begin his healing process with the Pels.

I offer the treasure trove of: JJ Redick, Nicolo Melli, Jaxson Hayes, Sindarius Thornwell, Wenyan Gabriel, and PelicanDAE's firstborn child.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 8.20.42 PM.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	6571

Click on attachment. That sort of feels realistic? Probably have to find a third team for Bledsoe.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    I'm sorry, what?

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 8.20.42 PM.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	6571

Click on attachment. That sort of feels realistic? Probably have to find a third team for Bledsoe.
    what trade machine are you using that allows pick to be added.
    BTW too many for a rental.....unless he re-signs.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Not exactly a rental. Still has 2 and a half years left

Ok the Beal idea is clearly being spoken into existence it's been like a year now of Beal trades I've had to endure. Here's my take:

To New Orleans: Bradley Beal

To Boston: JJ Redick

To Washington: Lonzo, Hayes, NAW, Part of the Gordon Hayward TE from Boston, 2021 Washington 2nd back to them, 2022 Pels 1st top 5 protected, 2024 Lakers 1st, 2025 Bucks 1st

Leaves us with:
    Adams / WHG
    Zion / Melli
    Ingram / Hart
    Beal / Thornwell
    Bledsoe / Kira

Boston grabs a vet shooter to help steady their season and playoff run, costs them part of the Hayward exception only

Washington gets their own 2nd back which might be pick 31, they get our mid-1st next year (unless we are somehow near the top of the stacked West) and an extra 1st in 2024 and 2025 which could be anything.

Bit like donato's (and many others) but I think this makes most sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Not exactly a rental. Still has 2 and a half years left
    1.5 year player option buddy

Ehhh. I tend to not really take those seriously. I would pay it more mind if it was someone like Shams or Woj. Even then I'll believe it when I see it

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    https://tradenba.com/trades/wL0FZSdR5

So, tradenba.com allows picks and things to be added. Much better! I think I'd only do the trade if I were the Pels and he verbally committed to resigning. He's only signed this year and next (third year is a player option).

1.5 year player option buddy
    Ah yeah I missed the PO

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Not sure if this guy is legit, but he covers for the NBA and has a decent size followers. Not sure how to post link but the article states from a league source that Bradley Beal wants to be traded in New Orleans???

https://twitter.com/LandonBuford/sta...922020867?s=19
    He only has 4900 followers, so not somebody that seems to be a top reporter or anything,.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    He only has 4900 followers, so not somebody that seems to be a top reporter or anything,.
    Yeah I've never heard of him.

That doesn't mean he's not legit or anything, but it does mean I can't really say whether or not anyone should believe him.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Ok the Beal idea is clearly being spoken into existence it's been like a year now of Beal trades I've had to endure. Here's my take:

To New Orleans: Bradley Beal

To Boston: JJ Redick

To Washington: Lonzo, Hayes, NAW, Part of the Gordon Hayward TE from Boston, 2021 Washington 2nd back to them, 2022 Pels 1st top 5 protected, 2024 Lakers 1st, 2025 Bucks 1st

Leaves us with:
    Adams / WHG
    Zion / Melli
    Ingram / Hart
    Beal / Thornwell
    Bledsoe / Kira

Boston grabs a vet shooter to help steady their season and playoff run, costs them part of the Hayward exception only

Washington gets their own 2nd back which might be pick 31, they get our mid-1st next year (unless we are somehow near the top of the stacked West) and an extra 1st in 2024 and 2025 which could be anything.

Bit like donato's (and many others) but I think this makes most sense to me.
    From DC standpoint they would value our 2021 pick as the highest value outside of maybe Kira so folks have to accept that would be on the table since further picks will likely lose its value

From DC standpoint they would value our 2021 pick as the highest value outside of maybe Kira so folks have to accept that would be on the table since further picks will likely lose its value
    The only way I give the 2021 Pels pick is if it's got some form of protection on it. Doesn't have to be some huge thing, like lottery protected, but at least top 5. If we get Beal and then continue to absolutely suck, it would be awful to miss out on the chance to add a legitimate player to the roster.

I see what you're saying, I think the right to swap picks this year might be a way to work it? In case the lotto screws them and shines on us? On top of everything already offered?

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The only way I give the 2021 Pels pick is if it's got some form of protection on it. Doesn't have to be some huge thing, like lottery protected, but at least top 5. If we get Beal and then continue to absolutely suck, it would be awful to miss out on the chance to add a legitimate player to the roster.
    I agree completely. If injuries or covid derail the team at least we have something. Prob have to have no protection the next year. I think it’ll take no less than 4 picks. Depending if we trade with Boston and don’t take any salary back we could save Washington some money.

I’d love Bledsoe and Redick to Boston if it fits in their exception for a first and Langford.
    Lonzo and Hayes to Atlanta for Reddish and one of their bigs Okungwu or Collins (prob have to give a first maybe Celtics, lakers or bucks or combo of 2) I’m hoping for some disfunction in Atlanta with Collins.
    Beal for our first (top 5 protected)2021, 2023, Lakers 2021, 1 Buck pick and we’ll give them their second this year back

Kira, Naw
    Beal, Hart, Langford
    BI, Reddish
    Zion, Collins/Okungwu
    Adams

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I agree completely. If injuries or covid derail the team at least we have something. Prob have to have no protection the next year. I think it’ll take no less than 4 picks. Depending if we trade with Boston and don’t take any salary back we could save Washington some money.

I’d love Bledsoe and Redick to Boston if it fits in their exception for a first and Langford.
    Lonzo and Hayes to Atlanta for Reddish and one of their bigs Okungwu or Collins (prob have to give a first maybe Celtics, lakers or bucks or combo of 2) I’m hoping for some disfunction in Atlanta with Collins.
    Beal for our first (top 5 protected)2021, 2023, Lakers 2021, 1 Buck pick and we’ll give them their second this year back

Kira, Naw
    Beal, Hart, Langford
    BI, Reddish
    Zion, Collins/Okungwu
    Adams
    Can't see us getting Reddish and one of Collins/Okungwu for Lonzo and Hayes and a 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah I've never heard of him.

That doesn't mean he's not legit or anything, but it does mean I can't really say whether or not anyone should believe him.
    I would err on the side of him not being legit given no one else has substantiated it (and some have shot it down by saying he has not asked out, including Woj and Shams).

I would err on the side of him not being legit given no one else has substantiated it (and some have shot it down by saying he has not asked out, including Woj and Shams).
    Yeah I just think that when you don't know, it's best to say ''I don't know'' rather than pretend. I don't know this guy. Odds are it's not legit, but I can't be certain of that because I don't know: maybe he's the next big guy with all the connections, idk. It's not like Scoop B or someone where I can point to a long history of failure.

Can't see us getting Reddish and one of Collins/Okungwu for Lonzo and Hayes and a 1st.
    Yeah I second this. Very unlikely.

Also not sure why we'd do it. It seems like it wouldn't really be functional either way.

Thread Information