Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2021 All Star

When do we find out the reserves?

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Kawhi's a top 5 MVP candidate so far this year.

Clippers are 21-9, Kawhi's putting up 27/6/5 on 51/39/88 splits. 62%TS.

4th in the league in PER
    3rd in the league in Win Shares per 48 minutes
    8th in the league in total win shares
    8th in the league in Box Plus Minus
    10th in the league in Value Over Replacement Player
    6th in the league in ScoreVal
    14th in the league in On/Off
    1st in the league in ORtg On-Court
    12th in the league in RPM
    2nd in the league in RAPTOR

He's been really really good.

im more pelicans than NBA..he must be putting up a quiet 27pts because most of the talk on the west coast is about utah and lakers.......

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    im more pelicans than NBA..he must be putting up a quiet 27pts because most of the talk on the west coast is about utah and lakers.......
    Utah has the best record in the NBA and look every bit like a regular season buzzsaw. Lakers have Lebron and are the bigger name.

Combine that with the fact that Kawhi isn't exactly out there running PR campaigns, and there's no surprise he's a bit under the radar to some, but the production is absolutely there.
    Basketball.

Dame snubbed again

I know Zion is an All-Star but do I want him to be one? Once he goes to the game I don't want him being around some of these divas. We don't need the AD fiasco to occur again.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    I know Zion is an All-Star but do I want him to be one? Once he goes to the game I don't want him being around some of these divas. We don't need the AD fiasco to occur again.
    I want him to get the nod for his resume, but I don't want there to be any actual game this year at all so I'm hoping the fact that Lebron and Kawhi have both spoken against it means there's some pressure to cancel the actual event.

I know the NBA officially has been pushing it hard so it's probably just wishful thinking.

ATL mayor wants no partying. So pretty much they making them work locked in hotel rooms during what would have been a vacation. Yeah I’m curious who will actually show up to this event.

Was Brown ever an option for us to land for the Jrue trade?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Was Brown ever an option for us to land for the Jrue trade?
    Jaylen?

Oh you mean Stirling. Yeah, Bucks probably would have given him to us if we asked in the trade
    Last edited by AusPel; 02-19-2021 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Jaylen?

Oh you mean Stirling. Yeah, Bucks probably would have given him to us if we asked in the trade
    Jaylen Brown, thought I remember seeing a post that the Celtics were offering him

Explains a lot of the media/fan support for Zion so early in All-star type voting.

Our TV schedule has basically been them saying ''here, play this team nobody watches and see if you can get them some views'' and it just works because everyone wants to watch Zion.

Also congratulations Julius Randle

Explains a lot of the media/fan support for Zion so early in All-star type voting.

Our TV schedule has basically been them saying ''here, play this team nobody watches and see if you can get them some views'' and it just works because everyone wants to watch Zion.
    It's also why fan base means more than a supposed tv market. Green Bay is by far the NFL's smallest market, but is top 3 in terms of fan base. Same for the New Orleans Saints, who has the same tv market as the Pelicans, but is easily top 15 in terms of fan base. And regularly has large draws on national tv. More than teams like the Los Angeles Rams.

I'd also add that not only Zion is the draw, but you have to admit, Lonzo brings in his large fan base as well.

Which is why, as those numbers prove, I'm hesitant to think the Pelicans will be willing to trade Lonzo. These things matter. This is a business.

Thread Information