Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: February 3rd - New Orleans Pelicans vs Phoenix Suns - 7-12

Signing Lonzo to anything above $15 mil MAX would be the equivalent stupidity of letting Christian Wood walk.

With Kira on the roster, you pretty much have to trade Lonzo and let some other team worry about that nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Signing Lonzo to anything above $15 mil MAX would be the equivalent stupidity of letting Christian Wood walk.

With Kira on the roster, you pretty much have to trade Lonzo and let some other team worry about that nonsense.
    Yeah, I would think anything between $12 million and say $14 million would be the ceiling.

Basketball Guru
    seeing zion run point forward and not committing any turnovers was encouraging......if this dude is starting to let the game come to him, he is going to be dangerous smdh..

lonzo is out of here,,i just dont think he want to be in new orleans...

Exactly.

We don't know if Kira is the answer to our PG problem, but we do know Lonzo isn't, so move him on.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    ''if you don't think he is going to be worth playing over Hernangomez within this calendar year''. This calendar year includes the start of next year, which is his third.

Basically if you don't even think he'll be ready for developmental minutes until year 4, then you should want to move him.

If you think he will be worth developmental minutes next year, then it's more tenable to keep him but if you think that's not going to be the case until the very end of his third year, then you should want to move him.

No use keeping a player until their rookie deal is *over*, or you've missed the chance to extend in that 3rd year offseason, on the hopes that they'll be eventually ready to start getting ready.
    Say it, dae....I'm sure you can. I'll help you.

"You were right, As I see It, JAXSON should have been shipped to Erie last year so he could learn the game of basketball just like you said. I just thought it would have been better for him to get take whatever minutes he could get with the big club rather than wasting valuable time learning the game in the 'G League'. As we we speak, it now appears a little used journeyman, who was a last second addition to this year's roster is out-performing our coveted 2019 lottery pick. One can only wonder what's going on in JAXSON's head now."

There, that wasn't hard. j/k
    Last edited by As I See It; 02-04-2021 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    No trade = no bet
    Same goes if he?s traded for a player. Has to be for a draft pick or no bet.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    seeing zion run point forward and not committing any turnovers was encouraging......if this dude is starting to let the game come to him, he is going to be dangerous smdh..

lonzo is out of here,,i just dont think he want to be in new orleans...
    Lonzo doesn't have enough game to even be picky about where he wants to be.

Basketball Guru
    Lonzo doesn't have enough game to even be picky about where he wants to be.
    put your money on his agent doing work lol...it will work out better for us..

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Exactly.

We don't know if Kira is the answer to our PG problem, but we do know Lonzo isn't, so move him on.
    Zo doesn't have to be the point. He could work really well with Kira

As AD keeps harping on, you get Lonzo's feet set and he's a very efficient shooter. And he's a decent secondary type ball handler, especially when he turns his aggression button on

Zo doesn't have to be the point. He could work really well with Kira

As AD keeps harping on, you get Lonzo's feet set and he's a very efficient shooter. And he's a decent secondary type ball handler, especially when he turns his aggression button on
    I was actually impressed with one of the corner threes in last night’s game. It was a rushed shot and he looked pretty smooth in getting it off. He actually looked like a real shooter. Usually even when he’s making shots, the shots look kind of awkward and you’re surprised when they go in. Hopefully one day, he’ll actually become an NBA shooter. I’m not sure I’d call him one yet.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Zo is just like the team he represents. As soon as ppl get down on him, he reels us right back in with all this potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    I was actually impressed with one of the corner threes in last night?s game. It was a rushed shot and he looked pretty smooth in getting it off. He actually looked like a real shooter. Usually even when he?s making shots, the shots look kind of awkward and you?re surprised when they go in. Hopefully one day, he?ll actually become an NBA shooter. I?m not sure I?d call him one yet.
    I agree. He just looked really decisive in everything he did yesterday. Unusually so. Which was a pleasant surprise. None of the upper echelon guys hesitate when they're gonna make a move. They just do it with supreme confidence

Now comes the consistency question. Has he finally flipped a mental switch, or will he revert back to classic Lonzo?
    Last edited by AusPel; 02-04-2021 at 03:49 PM.

I agree. He just looked really decisive in everything he did yesterday. Unusually so. Which was a pleasant surprise

Now comes the consistency question. Has he finally flipped a mental switch, or will he revert back to classic Lonzo?
    We doin this bet?

I agree. He just looked really decisive in everything he did yesterday. Unusually so. Which was a pleasant surprise

Before he answers that question, we should move him to a team that wants him long term. Sell now regardless of whether this is real

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Before he answers that question, we should move him to a team that wants him long term. Sell now regardless of whether this is real
    I want consistently aggressive 3 and D + great defense Lonzo on the team tho lol

Would it be so bad to give him Bledsoe money?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    We doin this bet?
    Where you think Jax could fetch a 1st rounder? Indubitably

I want consistently aggressive 3 and D + great defense Lonzo on the team tho lol

Would it be so bad to give him Bledsoe money?
    Even in games where Ball is pretty good, he's not constantly aggressive.

The only way I'm giving Lonzo something like 16 mil a year is if it's on a 2 year deal. At that point, you're looking at the contract more than the player. Another short 15mil guy would give Griff a ton of flexibility in the inevitable trade for a 3rd star. But, to that point, I'm not keeping both Lonzo and Bledsoe on the roster next season, and if they're just trade fodder, I'd rather Bledsoe.

Let say it loudly... You don't need a floor spacing big. A great passing big with good hands is infinitly more important and provides better synergy. Let your shooters do the shooting. Quit chasing unicorns and try to find viable and realistic players that improve the team in other meaningful ways other than just scoring points.

Like Steven Adams...
    Last edited by Taker597; 02-04-2021 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Let say it loudly... You don't need a floor spacing big. A great passing big with good hands is infinitly more important and provides better synergy. Let your shooters do the shooting. Quit chasing unicorns and try to find viable and realistic players that improve the team in other meaningful ways other than just scoring points.

Like Steven Adams...
    Preach

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Steven Adams has been the only constant on the team so far. He comes to play every damn night.

If that rubs off on these guys fully (like we saw last night), then we would actually be a team instead of a hodgepodge of individual players.

And I don't know what it is, but when Willy is out there it seems like everyone is playing harder. Is it just me that gets that vibe?

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post

And I don't know what it is, but when Willy is out there it seems like everyone is playing harder. Is it just me that gets that vibe?
    The team is not in a constant 'cover for 10' mode defensively; they are playing freely.

Lonzo for Huerter pls

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    The team is not in a constant 'cover for 10' mode defensively; they are playing freely.
    Yep. Hayes needs to gain about 30 lbs. He has the frame to hold about as much weight as Ayton from the Suns. Until then he is pretty much useless because he is going to get backed down into the paint and abused.

A good game and a great win. The inconsistency of this team is killing me ...

Thread Information