Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: February 3rd - New Orleans Pelicans vs Phoenix Suns - 7-12

Why didn’t SVG challenge the booker flop?

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    I hate that about his game lol... He's always done that. Even with the Lakers.
    It's super frustrating, he'll grab the board and then just bolt without thinking about anything. Doesn't look to slow the pace if he's alone, doesn't look to pass back, doesn't think about faking, just always charges right into everyone
    Basketball.

Breakdown caused by NAW free lancing on defense

Zion got 8 shots in the first quarter. He was 7/8

Since then he has had 1 shot in the second quarter (1/1)
    And 1 shot in the third quarter (1/1)

For a total of 9/10 from the floor.

For god's sake give him the ball. Not sure why nobody on this team can figure that out, ever.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's super frustrating, he'll grab the board and then just bolt without thinking about anything. Doesn't look to slow the pace if he's alone, doesn't look to pass back, doesn't think about faking, just always charges right into everyone
    It wouldn't be so bad if he were at least reading the floor while doing it.. but he doesn't.

My thing is.. We all clearly see this.. So why hasn't all 3 of the coaches, and staffs that he's been under rectified this?

Like, I don't think I've seen him pass on the break, EVER. Doesn't even try to read the floor, so dumb

It wouldn't be so bad if he were at least reading the floor while doing it.. but he doesn't.

My thing is.. We all clearly see this.. So why hasn't all 3 of the coaches, and staffs that he's been under rectified this?
    Yeah, beat me to it. SVG has to tell him doing that in-game is a benchable offense. It's the only way this gets fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    And I swear to god if I see Hart do another 1 on 4 fast break run I'm going to have an aneurysm.. so it's a good bet I'm going to have one by the time this game is over.
    He did find an open Lonzo last time. If he looked to pass a lot more instead of trying to finish on 5 people, it would be a lot more palatable

The Franchise
    Yeah, beat me to it. SVG has to tell him doing that in-game is a benchable offense. It's the only way this gets fixed.
    That actually frustrates me more than him doing it.. The coaches allowing it.

Zion got another shot

Made it. 10/11 from the floor.

I have a hard time being excited rn with this game. Zion should legit have 40 man

I have a hard time being excited rn with this game. Zion should legit have 40 man
    It's amazing to me to think that despite his insane efficiency and scoring rate, his career high is only 35.

I know that it's because he doesn't actually play many minutes (averaging something like 32 this year) and because nobody on the team seems to be interested in feeding him when he's hot, but I swear that if this team actually focused on finding him when he's just got such clear dominance going on, he'd be able to put up 40 without much difficulty. 20 shots instead of 11, he'd have it already.

The Franchise
    PnR action with Zion paired with a Chris Paul type point guard would guarantee a 30PPG average for Zion.

Some of you complain and that was only a 40 point Quarter for the Pels. LMAO!!

The Franchise
    It's amazing to me to think that despite his insane efficiency and scoring rate, his career high is only 35.

I know that it's because he doesn't actually play many minutes (averaging something like 32 this year) and because nobody on the team seems to be interested in feeding him when he's hot, but I swear that if this team actually focused on finding him when he's just got such clear dominance going on, he'd be able to put up 40 without much difficulty. 20 shots instead of 11, he'd have it already.
    They don't have the patience or skill to find him boss.. Nor do they have a coach to create the plays that would generate more looks for him.

Zion with another bucket. He's got 26/6/4 on 11/12 shooting.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Excellent defensive effort...and who hasn't played at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Kira

I thought the same thing!!!

PnR action with Zion paired with a Chris Paul type point guard would guarantee a 30PPG average for Zion.
    But when I argued we should have traded for CP3 last year, the narrative on this board was "oh, we aren't contending, oh, the contract is too much (even though he has like one year left on his deal), oh yeah but, think about our future" Don't even think we would of hemorrhaged our assets going after CP, and we'd be a lot more fun to watch too, but whatever...

Jaxson

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Jaxson
    But you know who has been back?

Redick.

So it's clear that playing Redick is the key to our defense.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I thought the same thing!!!
    I'm thinking Hayes and he needs to stay there on the bench..willy has much better iq

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    I like the effort i'm seeing. Can I get some consistent effort like this every night?

Call the police, Zion missed a shot.

I think that's illegal.

Thread Information