Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: February 3rd - New Orleans Pelicans vs Phoenix Suns - 7-12

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    Don't have a problem with Hernangomez taking Hayes minutes. Melli getting minutes over Hayes is, however, mindboggling. I'm just about over the honeymoon phase with SVG, and tbc, this isn't the reason nor the last straw.
    Melli and Hernangomez at the same with Hart, JJ, and Lonzo as the final three, is just a mindbogglingly stupid lineup.
    Basketball.

RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Laughing at this lineup, frankly. Just laughing.
    Dude it looked like an official we're tanking lineup is what it looked like to me

Laughing at this lineup, frankly. Just laughing.
    Like, Melli should of unofficially been retired from the NBA the minute we gave Willy run.... so like 2-3 games ago. Yet we're really going to run a two-big lineup of replacement level big, and trash, in a game against the Suns. Just stunning.

RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    Why is Melli in the NBA?

Melli man....

I know nobody will do it, for obvious reasons, but that lineup is so bad it would justify someone in the post-game presser just listing it out and then asking why. Like what the hell were you thinking. Did you hit your head before the game?

Edit: It's on the scale of the old Gentry 4 guard lineups

Melli and Hernangomez at the same with Hart, JJ, and Lonzo as the final three, is just a mindbogglingly stupid lineup.
    I dream of a NO coach one day that can probably handle lineups/subs. Seems we'll never get that.

And Zion's back and scored again

These no score runs drive me crazy mainly because the offense is rec ball quality.

I dream of a NO coach one day that can probably handle lineups/subs. Seems we'll never get that.
    I could see an argument for it if JJ and Melli were both shooting well, but they're just not. So that's a lineup with literally no real shooters in it, and no real lead guard. It's just an assortment of auxiliary guys. Nothing there.

''SVG, Zion is scoring with ease. He's creating shots, and he's passing well. He's 7/8 from the floor and nobody can guard him. You know what you need to do.''

SVG: ''Yes... exactly... I know what to do...''

subs in Melli

''SVG, Zion is scoring with ease. He's creating shots, and he's passing well. He's 7/8 from the floor and nobody can guard him. You know what you need to do.''

subs in Melli
    *laughs in Melli

subs in Melli
    Give to BI to shoot contested jump shots.

If Griffin can get Mirotic back in the off season. . All is forgiven.

Forget Nico

I could see an argument for it if JJ and Melli were both shooting well, but they're just not. So that's a lineup with literally no real shooters in it, and no real lead guard. It's just an assortment of auxiliary guys. Nothing there.
    Meanwhile Kira and JAX, our future, sit on the bench in sadness, they're only crime being just slightly better than a combo of JJ/Melli as non-vets.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    Give to BI to shoot contested jump shots.
    For someone who constantly looks stoned off his mind, it's weird how much BI loves mids

After starting 7/8 in 11 minutes, Zion has been give one (1) shot in the next 7 minutes of play time.

Standard.

IMO, Best Half of Defense all year!!

For someone who constantly looks stoned off his mind, it's weird how much BI loves mids
    Gotta admit BI looks straight out Woodstock.

The Franchise
    If the coaches wanted him doing something different.. he would. Doesn't looked stoned to me.. He's just always been a laid back dude.

Our scheme on D is literally so stupid that Monty knows he just has to spam double PNR to get an open shot, because Zion will always drop wayyyyy back to tag the roller, leaving Bridges with broad daylight to shoot. We're up rn but this lead feels so predictably unsustainable lol

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    *laughs in Melli
    *cries in Melli

The Franchise
    *cries in Melli
    I wonder if he'll still have a job in the NBA, once he's moved out of NO..

*cries in Melli
    I feel like that would be an ugly drooling cry...

Thread Information