Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: February 3rd - New Orleans Pelicans vs Phoenix Suns - 7-12

Am I the only one who wants all our young players to get a ton of minutes so they develop and play well but barely lose at the end so our young guys improve but we get a better draft pick?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Am I the only one who wants all our young players to get a ton of minutes so they develop and play well but barely lose at the end so our young guys improve but we get a better draft pick?
    We all do. But we're not Stan

Probably around 14-25
    Assuming you are right, to date, he was an overreach at eight in 2019. What you are telling me is that unproven lottery draft picks are worth more than a veteran eighth pick from two years ago.

I wonder what De'Andre Hunter would be worth?

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Assuming you are right, to date, he was an overreach at eight in 2019. What you are telling me is that unproven lottery draft picks are worth more than a veteran eighth pick from two years ago.

I wonder what De'Andre Hunter would be worth?
    Wouldn’t say over reach. That draft was kind of meh outside of Zion and Jah. I also still believe Hayes has an enormous amount of potential. Very few people with his size speed agility and leaping ability with that length. If it clicks and he gets stronger he could be deandre Jordan but better. Can’t say he was a reach after he’s played 1 season which was abbreviated and then lands a new coach. I love hayes, not to mention he hustled his heart out.

Last year he had a .176 win share and this year a .148
    And if you look at his pet 36 last year he was at 16 and 9 and this year 13 and 11. He will also only improve. Started playing basketball in college when he hit a growth spurt, he was a wide receiver in high school and has Jerry rice type hands
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 02-03-2021 at 05:06 PM.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Wouldn’t say over reach. That draft was kind of meh outside of Zion and Jah. I also still believe Hayes has an enormous amount of potential. Very few people with his size speed agility and leaping ability with that length. If it clicks and he gets stronger he could be deandre Jordan but better. Can’t say he was a reach after he’s played 1 season which was abbreviated and then lands a new coach. I love hayes, not to mention he hustled his heart out.

Last year he had a .176 win share and this year a .148
    And if you look at his pet 36 last year he was at 16 and 9 and this year 13 and 11. He will also only improve. Started playing basketball in college when he hit a growth spurt, he was a wide receiver in high school and has Jerry rice type hands
    I agree with you. Hayes has definitely shown improvement and he will be fine.

Probably around 14-25
    Currently? I doubt it.

Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Currently? I doubt it.
    Guarantee it.

Zion getting some shots in early, good to see.

I hope we can find him consistently while he's on the floor tonight. Would make a nice change.

Zion's ability to finish through contact is incredible

Guarantee it.
    By himself, you wouldn't get a first round pick for him right now.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Zion's ability to finish through contact is incredible
    His core strength is extremely elite.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I'll ask the question again...

If we were to trade JAX to anyone straight up, in return could we get.....

...an eighth overall lottery pick?
    ...any Lottery Pick at all?
    ...A first round draft choice (non-lottery)?
    ...a couple of second round draft picks?
    ...a can of Spam and and a bag of Pork Rinds?
    No
    No
    Pretty doubtful
    Likely
    Yum

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    His core strength is extremely elite.
    Not to mention the focus needed

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Not to mention the focus needed
    Yeah it's a rare amount of decisiveness. Just saying to yourself ''I am making this move, and that's that'' regardless of what your defender does, and just making it work around them. That's intense.

SVG freakin dummy Zion high % and just stays outside at the 3pt line. Team as whole is just dumb.

3'Twaun!

Wait

Zion with 15 points and 5 rebounds on 6/8 shooting in the first quarter. Not bad.

Neat.

Hernangomez getting run btw

SVG saw his chance to get another young player out of the rotation for a vet and took it. Nobody will make him play young guys if he can help it.

The offense is running better without BI trying to forcibly exert his presence. If BI would just playoff Zion and put his ego aside he could actually light the other team up easily.

I can tell by the energy and the flow of the game we got this one

Reminder that Zion's career high is 35

He has 17 in 11 minutes.

Laughing at this lineup, frankly. Just laughing.

Why do they keep playing Melli...dude is worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Hernangomez getting run btw

SVG saw his chance to get another young player out of the rotation for a vet and took it. Nobody will make him play young guys if he can help it.
    Don't have a problem with Hernangomez taking Hayes minutes. Melli getting minutes over Hayes is, however, mindboggling. I'm just about over the honeymoon phase with SVG, and tbc, this isn't the reason nor the last straw.

Thread Information