Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: February 1st - New Orleans Pelicans vs Sacramento Kings - 7-11

Zion is so different athletically from Duke. Especially on defense. It's depressing

Not sure why all the masochism. If you wish you could quit the team just... quit the team? Like, come on, you're grown ups and you're not getting paid to be here. Just don't be.
    Basketball.

I love how Kira and Nickeil are starting to show some chemistry and Stan just plops Bledsoe onto the floor beside them and kills the game for us. We can not trade BledZo quickly enough. For Stan’s sake and the team’s

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    I agree there but before the collapse was the collapse. They are young and momentum is everything. When a young team blows a lead after being confident, it’s usually downhill. Griff just said something to the effect the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I love how Kira and Nickeil are starting to show some chemistry and Stan just plops Bledsoe onto the floor beside them and kills the game for us. We can not trade BledZo quickly enough. For Stan’s sake and the team’s
    If you ever find yourself playing a lineup that makes you think ''ah, a Gentry special'', then don't play that lineup. Simple guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I feel like we haven’t been able to enjoy this team since CP to Tyson was happening everynight. Every AD year was filled with Drama.
    Yeah, this team botched that CP3/DX/Tyson team brain surgery by numbers take home kit. This team could have been something, but it only proved that $ > wins to NBA welfare owners.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

And yeah, there's nothing else to say about this game that hasn't been said already. This team is soul crushing to watch.

Sorry my post was in response to Taker.

Basketball Guru
    playing zion at the 5 late in the game killed the team movement....should have stayed with Hernangomez plus the defense was better.....

stan tried to beat gentry at his game lol smh...

So does Hernangomez not see the floor anymore after tonight? How will his future play out?

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Is it to early to say that SVG is not the answer? I mean, I have seen zero improvement or adjustment after the first 6 games of the season.

This team will not grow until we get rid of those half court boogiemen. They put us in jeopardy every time the game slows down.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Yeah, this team botched that CP3/DX/Tyson team brain surgery by numbers take home kit. This team could have been something, but it only proved that $ > wins to NBA welfare owners.
    They were more successful under Shinn and he was frugal. Gayle gives them the open slip for funds and they stink. Backwards team to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    If you ever find yourself playing a lineup that makes you think ''ah, a Gentry special'', then don't play that lineup. Simple guidance.
    Yep. It’s draining having the two wasters get minutes for me over Kira and Nickeil. I cannot wait until they are gone.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    So does Hernangomez not see the floor anymore after tonight? How will his future play out?
    Is it insane to think that he could be a stretch big? He shoots 33% from 3, but on really low attempts. He is better than Melli and Jax at the very least and can rebound and play adequate defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    They were more successful under Shinn and he was frugal. Gayle gives them the open slip for funds and they stink. Backwards team to say the least.
    Tom was very demanding and that played a part in Dell rushing the rebuild. I feel like we are set up to be great. We just can’t beat ourselves, and atm I am worried about where our plan lies. Bled and Zo got to go. That’s obvious. But what if we bring in another clown?

This team will not grow until we get rid of those half court boogiemen. They put us in jeopardy every time the game slows down.
    This is true. We definitely need an elite IQ guard to run the offense.

And I don't think we'll be lucky to really get Cade.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    This is true. We definitely need an elite IQ guard to run the offense.

And I don't think we'll be lucky to really get Cade.
    Nope.

Which is why you draft Sharife Cooper and have him throw 40 foot lobs to Zion every game while also knowing how to run a Pick and Roll

I can't imagine he sees his minutes increase massively. Any minutes Melli would have gotten, he should get, but it's not like he should be bumping out Jax or Adams in the rotation.

Henangomez is about 27 if I remember rightly, or 26 and 300 days - something like that - and has bounced around the league for a reason. He's got some value in spot minutes and certain scenarios, and he can definitely produce at times, but he's not someone that you give up on youth development for.

The porous interior D of the Kings was basically designed for him to look good. Tonight reminds me a bit of that game last year where Okafor torched Drummond in Detroit and everyone was suddenly clawing for Okafor to get 20 minutes a night in the rotation, but he just continued being terrible most of the time instead.

Hernangomez is 27 and has over 200 games in him, we know what he's going to give us. Against a historically poor interior defense like this, we know he's going to look good.
    The porous interior D of the Kings was basically designed for him to look good.
    What does it say that JAX gets eaten up by a "historically poor interior defense like this"?
    Last edited by As I See It; 02-01-2021 at 10:01 PM.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    What does it say that JAX gets eaten up by a "historically poor interior defense like this"?
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    Zion is so different athletically from Duke. Especially on defense. It's depressing
    This is why 6'6ish guys shouldn't play basketball at 280lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    That he is cookie dough.

Tom was very demanding and that played a part in Dell rushing the rebuild. I feel like we are set up to be great. We just can’t beat ourselves, and atm I am worried about where our plan lies. Bled and Zo got to go. That’s obvious. But what if we bring in another clown?
    Exactly! I always feel like they are rearranging the roster but the moves are lateral. If you take BI, Zo, and Zion out and replace them with Tim Frazier, Jrue, and AD, the loss would have been the exact same. It’s an amazingly consistent below average product. No matter who comes and goes, they still lose the exact same ridiculous way. Replace Al with Stan and you couldn’t tell a difference in the miserable rotations.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    This is why 6'6ish guys shouldn't play basketball at 280lbs.
    Tractor Williamson is going to have to figure out how to play defense. The guy may not hold up like this. It just looks painful. He can’t guard any position on the floor.

Thread Information