Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: January 27th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Washington Wizards - 5-10

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    If we can manage to scoop him up and keep NAW/Kira, mannnnnn, we'd be set for the future so good.

Not even sure our defense would take a huge hit if we swapped Lonzo/Bled for him. They get lit up by every semi-talented guard in the league.
    Yeah that's where I'm at. Like, yeah I don't think Beal is going to help our defensive issues at all but at the same time we are already getting murdered by everyone so it's not really like he can make it much worse. The offensive addition would be huge.
    Basketball.

The Franchise
    Beal is so good!! Please trade for him

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    Ball injured still no Kira
    Don't understand why old school coaches do this. Gentry was the same. It's like they're allergic to playing younger guys for some reason. We're not even a playoff team at the moment. Let Kira develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Chicken legs strike again...
    He did seem to have Beal on lockdown (defensively) until he left the game. So I guess that's something.

*ahem*

If we can manage to scoop him up and keep NAW/Kira, mannnnnn, we'd be set for the future so good.

Not even sure our defense would take a huge hit if we swapped Lonzo/Bled for him. They get lit up by every semi-talented guard in the league.
    Yes indeed. Sign me up. His defense i?m sure will improve at least a little with our emphasis on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't understand why old school coaches do this. Gentry was the same. It's like they're allergic to playing younger guys for some reason. We're not even a playoff team at the moment. Let Kira develop.
    "Culture". Got to earn minutes to them. Feel like that giving out minutes builds coddle stars. Got to put them in a grinder on the bench and really make them want it.

Or some nonsense like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Bring him home, Griff

*ahem*
    They had him out there for 2 quarters without rest and almost no help. I can't blame her.

Bring this man to New Orleans.

I hate to be that guy but Beal turns 28 this year. He doesn?t fit the timeline. He is awesome though.

I?m keeping my picks, hope I luck out in the lottery and land a stud like Cade or Green and dominate for the next decade.
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 01-27-2021 at 10:36 PM.

If Kira doesn’t get at least 15 minutes next game I swear...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    He did seem to have Beal on lockdown (defensively) until he left the game. So I guess that's something.
    You are absolutely right, Chris. Beal came alive in the second half. In fact, Washington won the second half, 61 to 60 and this was a back to back for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    He did, people can say what they want about Lonzo but he is a stellar defender.

"Culture". Got to earn minutes to them. Feel like that giving out minutes builds coddle stars. Got to put them in a grinder on the bench and really make them want it.

Or some nonsense like that.
    Yeah, I feel like it has to do with some weird boomerism concept of "earning your stripes" or some such nonsense like that. Also feel like these older coaches are programmed to coach like every game is their job, and they just don't trust rookies to not make mistakes, which is illogical, because how are these guys supposed to learn if they're getting yanked every time they do something wrong? It's weird, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I hate to be that guy but Beal turns 28 this year. He doesn?t fit the timeline. He is awesome though.

I?m keeping my picks, hope I luck out in the lottery and land a stud like Cade or Green and dominate for the next decade.
    Technically neither does Adams. Can't wait 5 years to be good and can't all be under 25. You need good vets for a growing team.

This is absurd.

Beal is 27 right now. He probably has at least 5 good strong years left in him: that takes you basically through to the end of Zion's second contract.

He absolutely fits the timeline. We know we aren't a championship contender this year, or next year, but we should absolutely be a consistent playoff team within the next few seasons, and Beal completely fits that. Acting like we're only allowed to look at players 25 or under is ridiculous.

And yeah, you keep your picks, but you can't actually use all of them. No use having 13 first round picks in the next six years, it's not like you're going to turnover your entire roster annually to account for them all. Make sure you have at least one FRP for every draft but feel free to move swaps and duplicates to acquire sure fire talent.

The "timeline" is overrated. And 28 is pretty damn young, he should realistically have like 4-5 more prime years in him.

EDIT: Dae beat me to it.

Technically neither does Adams. Can't wait 5 years to be good and can't all be under 25. You need good vets for a growing team.
    We didn’t give up 4 picks for Adam’s...

That’s what people are suggesting for Beal. He’s isn’t a good vet, he’s a superstar lol. Please tell me you understand the difference in value veteeen Adam’s and Beal

This is absurd.

Beal is 27 right now. He probably has at least 5 good strong years left in him: that takes you basically through to the end of Zion's second contract.

He absolutely fits the timeline. We know we aren't a championship contender this year, or next year, but we should absolutely be a consistent playoff team within the next few seasons, and Beal completely fits that. Acting like we're only allowed to look at players 25 or under is ridiculous.

And yeah, you keep your picks, but you can't actually use all of them. No use having 13 first round picks in the next six years, it's not like you're going to turnover your entire roster annually to account for them all. Make sure you have at least one FRP for every draft but feel free to move swaps and duplicates to acquire sure fire talent.
    The only tough move is that they'll want our 2021 pick or a bunch of later year picks from the Bucks or Lakers. Ehhhh... Probably the Bucks picks.

We didn’t give up 4 picks for Adam’s...

That’s what people are suggesting for Beal. He’s isn’t a good vet, he’s a superstar lol. Please tell me you understand the difference in value veteeen Adam’s and Beal
    Well, we got 4 picks to give up and still be +3.

You just got to know which Picks to burn.
    Last edited by Taker597; 01-27-2021 at 10:45 PM.

The only tough move is that they'll want our 2021 pick or a bunch of later year picks from the Bucks or Lakers. Ehhhh... Probably the Bucks picks.
    I'd basically say that our 2021 pick is off limits, but they can have something like
    2022 + Bucks 2024 + Bucks 2026 + Lakers pick of their choice.

Add in Lonzo and Redick, potentially Melli if we need it to match contracts. Obviously Melli sucks but he's not going there for player value he's going there for salary filler and expiring value.

This is absurd.

Ingram is about 3-4 years from his prime and Zion is about 6-7. Yeah sure we would be a good team but Beal would be exiting his prime right around when Ingram starts his and before Zion even sniffs his. You’d give up this years first which has a good shot of possibly getting the #1 pick and getting Cade and getting to watch those 3 for the next 10 years?

Well, we got 4 picks to give up and still be +3.

You just got to know which Picks to burn.
    Lol you think they’re giving up Beal for late firsts? No, they’d want this years pick which will be top 5 and a bunch of protected firsts.

Thread Information