Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: January 27th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Washington Wizards - 5-10

Pelicans January 27th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Washington Wizards - 5-10

On Wednesday at 8 p.m. Central, New Orleans are scheduled to tip off what?s become a five-game homestand in the Smoothie King Center, facing one of the NBA?s most shorthanded rosters. Washington, which is playing at Houston tonight in the first game of a back-to-back, listed seven players as out for the game against the Rockets. That lengthy Wizards injury update includes one player sidelined by injury (Thomas Bryant is out for the season, left knee ACL), with six others unavailable due to health and safety protocols. That group consists of Deni Avdija, Davis Bertans, Troy Brown, Rui Hachimura, Ish Smith and Mo Wagner. Meanwhile, guard Raul Neto (left groin tightness) is being listed as questionable to play against Houston.

New Orleans has no players listed on its Tuesday official injury update.
    So, after missing last game due to COVID protocols meaning it had to be delayed, we've had a few days since last game. The team is completely healthy, they'll be well rested, they're at home, and they're planning against a 3-10 team on the second night of a back to back missing half the roster.

If this team has any pride, this should be a steamrolling exhibition.

But of course, it's the Pelicans so we can't just pencil that in. We are, after all, only 5-10 ourselves and we've just had some trade rumours leaked surrounding multiple starters and heavy minutes getters which could always cause some discontent, and we've sucked recently. Effort has been either questionable or nonexistent on defense, and the offense has died a horrific death for huge spans of time.

There really is no excuse for not winning this game. I don't really know what else to say other than that. This is a must win if there is to any pretense of progress on this team. We have now won only one game in the last 25 days.
    Basketball.

So we are starting home games at 8pm now? Not on ESPN either. We need to move back to the East.

I guess I don’t really understand the NBA’s Covid protocol. What could have changed in two days when the players couldn’t play and now?

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    I guess I don’t really understand the NBA’s Covid protocol. What could have changed in two days when the players couldn’t play and now?
    You don't get it because it's a bad system.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You don't get it because it's a bad system.
    It's really a microcosm of how the US and A is handling the pandemic at large

Just make up rules as you go along.

Have to say the Floridian bubble last year was run pretty well though

Basketball Guru
    i just hope that every active pelican player get to play tonight against a short handed team that scored 88 points last night......this game can not turn out to be like the twolves game...it just cant smh...

How many times will Zion get blatantly fouled without a call?

Lonzo wants to get started on building that dream house early

keep feeding Zion

I see you Zion finally got a call. It only took three players fouling yu at once for the refs to blow a whistle.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Are we gonna have to trade JJ and Lonzo to see regular doses of Kira?

Jaxson getting bullied by lopez ..here comes the big run..we can never keep our foot on the gas

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Are we gonna have to trade JJ and Lonzo to see regular doses of Kira?
    you took the words right out of my mouth....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Hate to say it, but the more we play JJ, the more is trade value goes down.

If JJ and Hart would start hitting shots this team looks dramatically better..both of them are supposed to be shooters and they are killing us with these bricks.

Damn, strange how good things generally happen when Zion gets the ball

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Ingram, what are you doing, dude?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Zion with 18pt. and Adams with 10rbs. Not even halftime yet.

Just got into the game (doing work prep had me distracted) and glad to see that so far things are going well.

Zion getting no calls, again, but that surprises nobody. His scoring looks good from the box score. Any highlight plays I missed?

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Just got into the game (doing work prep had me distracted) and glad to see that so far things are going well.

Zion getting no calls, again, but that surprises nobody. His scoring looks good from the box score. Any highlight plays I missed?
    well, you haven't missed a Kira Lewis sighting....

You just love to see it

Lonzo just walked to the locker room, Wonder if he's been traded. lol

I don't promote players getting injured, but if this gets Kira minutes, so be it

Zion with 20 points again. That makes it 20 points 30 times in his first 39 games.

He has now passed Shaq for sole ownership of 3rd most 20 point games within their first 40. He can tie David Robinson for 2nd place with 31 if he does it again next game.

Cannot take first place from MJ, who did it 34 times.

Zion with 20 points again. That makes it 20 points 30 times in his first 39 games.

He has now passed Shaq for sole ownership of 3rd most 20 point games within their first 40. He can tie David Robinson for 2nd place with 31 if he does it again next game.

Cannot take first place from MJ, who did it 34 times.
    But he's just Julius Randle with clout Dae!!!

Thread Information