Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lonzo and Redick on the Trade Market

How bad is it that, analytically, he is the second best on/off player on the Pels?-

Obviously, shotmaking is a huge part of basketball, and shooting under 30 percent from 3 is never good from a point guard. But shooting is also highly variant, and I don’t think he’s going to continue to hit 29 percent of his uncontested 3s. I ask because while it’s not dispositive, it is certainly suggesting that New Orleans is 8.6 points/100 better in terms of non-garbage time Net Rating with Ball on the floor. The only Pel with a better on/off with significant minutes played is Steven Adams at +11.6, which probably says as much about the continued growing pains of Jaxson Hayes as about Adams.

https://theathletic.com/2344405/2021...eans-pelicans/

Lol as predicted. Go ahead and let hart go also. Those Lakers picks and bad draft picks are worthless. The trade was basically just Ingram.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    How bad is it that, analytically, he is the second best on/off player on the Pels?-
    But isn't Lonzo usually on the floor with your A1 scoers Ingram and Zion?

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPelsFan View Post
    Lol as predicted. Go ahead and let hart go also. Those Lakers picks and bad draft picks are worthless. The trade was basically just Ingram.
    That trade could quite literally have just been Ingram and it would’ve been better than 95% of superstar trades

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    That trade could quite literally have just been Ingram and it would’ve been better than 95% of superstar trades
    I think we would of been in better shape if we didn't get saddle with Hart and Lonzo and got more picks. All they did was make the trade seem better on paper, but AD trade haul was extremely underwhelming to say the least compared to Paul George?

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    But isn't Lonzo usually on the floor with your A1 scoers Ingram and Zion?
    Not always, but wouldn't you think your A1 scorers would rate higher than him? Maybe it has something to do with poor rotations when you top players are not the top on/off players on your team.

I think we would of been in better shape if we didn't get saddle with Hart and Lonzo and got more picks. All they did was make the trade seem better on paper, but AD trade haul was extremely underwhelming to say the least compared to Paul George?
    I?m not sure how any trade where we get Brandon Ingram in return can be underwhelming. The hope when we made the trade was that either Lonzo or BI would turn into an all star caliber player. BI already has. I haven?t necessarily been the biggest Hart supporter, but he isn?t a negative asset so I?m not sure we?re saddled with him

Not always, but wouldn't you think your A1 scorers would rate higher than him? Maybe it has something to do with poor rotations when you top players are not the top on/off players on your team.
    Well, i guess maybe missing a few games could manipulate it. Also, we know Lonzo isn't really do the scoring on the + side. So, I guess just taking advantage of great timing? Lonzo defense outside of the 4th quarter is pretty alright.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I?m not sure how any trade where we get Brandon Ingram in return can be underwhelming. The hope when we made the trade was that either Lonzo or BI would turn into an all star caliber player. BI already has. I haven?t necessarily been the biggest Hart supporter, but he isn?t a negative asset so I?m not sure we?re saddled with him
    Saddle was harsh thing to say about Hart. I guess it made us complacent on roster constructing with our guards. Collecting mediocre guards instead of filling out the team did hurt us. Hart is a solid bench player being asked to do too much.

The Lakers trade was good. We got about as much as we could?ve hoped for. Only better trade would?ve been for Tatum, Brown and picks but Boston wasn?t giving us that haul.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    The Lakers trade was good. We got about as much as we could?ve hoped for. Only better trade would?ve been for Tatum, Brown and picks but Boston wasn?t giving us that haul.
    We tend to forget how much Rich Paul and AD went out of their way to sabotage the trade and tank his value to force his way to the Lakers.

Saddle was harsh thing to say about Hart. I guess it made us complacent on roster constructing with our guards. Collecting mediocre guards instead of filling out the team did hurt us. Hart is a solid bench player being asked to do too much.
    Yea that’s fair. My counter argument would be that from what I’ve always heard, Griffs main goal has been to go into the summer of 2022 with options. At this point they still have not tied down significant money in anyone other than Adams. So if that’s the goal, griffin has succeeded so far. The only guards under contract through 2022 are NAW and Kira. The plan at guard is and has always been to go after the big fish whenever he becomes available, whoever that may be. If they can pick up 1 or 2 more super heavily protected picks this year, that would be ideal

Basketball Guru
    if we could have got zubac in that trade and resign him to a contract then that lakers trade would have been better....

ingram,,zion,,zubac would have been a solid front court to build around...

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Oubre? Oi vey...God, I hope that's not the crux of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Oubre? Oi vey...God, I hope that's not the crux of the deal.
    Maybe we will get a swap pick. Those seam to be as hot as Faberge Eggs.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Yeah we do this really annoying thing with Zion for example where, in the second quarter, he's put back in as Ingr goes out and the lineup shifts and all of a sudden he's asked to carry a unit with scoring that doesn't get him any shots and it's never fun. Thats an example of a.rotation thing that drags down his on off. His second most played in 5 man unit (after the starters) is NAW/Hart/Redick/Hayes/Zion, which demonstrates this point.

Lonzo, by comparison, missed the losses to LA and the Clippers which helps, and has yet to play a single minute in a lineup that doesn't contain Ingram. 312 of his 380 minutes played have been with both Adams and Ingram. He's always played with support.
    Basketball.

BI doesn't sound too torn up about the idea of a trade for Lonzo

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

BI doesn't sound too torn up about the idea of a trade for Lonzo
    Not so sure about that. They are very close.

Not so sure about that. They are very close.
    Well sure they are, but that doesn't mean he can't recognise that Lonzo isn't a fit here and might benefit from being in a different position elsewhere.

Like he said, the business is business. You can be someone's friend and also still realise that. BI isn't an idiot, and he's been a relatively straight talker to the media since he got to New Orleans, I think it's worth taking him on face value until he's shown us a reason not to.

So do any of you think it's a possibility of us trading for Beal is feasible? I've seen it thrown around and I seriously doubt it. However, Throw Ball, Redick(and/orHart) and a couple firsts ( I know, tragic) for Beal?

I don't think personally.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    So do any of you think it's a possibility of us trading for Beal is feasible? I've seen it thrown around and I seriously doubt it. However, Throw Ball, Redick(and/orHart) and a couple firsts ( I know, tragic) for Beal?

I don't think personally.
    I think if Washington were seriously shopping Beal they could get better back than Ball and Redick, frankly. In order to make up the difference in player quality you'd have to commit not just a first or two, but like, 4 or 5 firsts. And at that point, you're paying more than he's worth.

We can?t get beal, not for what we?d be willing to give up

Unless you?re okay with giving up Ingram and the 4th pick for him, which I?m not.

I think the only way you can get Beal on what might seem like a reasonable trade (For which I mean, Lonzo + Redick + a few firsties kind of deal, rather than Lonzo + Redick + 10 firsties) is if he asks out and expresses an openness towards coming here.

Which is such a long shot that it's barely even worth considering. Nobody wants to come here.

I hope nobody is expecting us to get a haul for Lonzo. If we get a good expiring contract out of the deal I'll be satisfied even if its just Oubre (is he expiring?). Anything more than that is lagniappe.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I hope nobody is expecting us to get a haul for Lonzo. If we get a good expiring contract out of the deal I'll be satisfied even if its just Oubre (is he expiring?). Anything more than that is lagniappe.
    I would take like, a top 20 protected pick from a really good team and call that us winning the trade at this point lmao

Even a second rounder would be equal value.

The major gain from trading Lonzo is hopefully freeing up minutes for Kira and getting him on the court. As you say, anything beyond that is just a bonus.

Thread Information