Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Lonzo and Redick on the Trade Market

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I don’t know if I’d give up on Hayes yet. His free throw form looks good and makes me think it could translate to better outside shooting. The thing I so far don’t like about Stan’s offense is the pick and roll. There isn’t any rolls, only picks. We need to get those bigs rolling and give it to them, especially Adams. I think Zion and Hayes can learn to do some pick and pops along with some rolls.

As for keeping Hayes, if he never evolved much more then what he is, he can be a cheap third big.
    He actually wouldnt be that cheap. And history says if you dont get a good raise over your rookie contract, you don't stay beyond it. So....either he will be really good and worth 17-25 mil per year after his rookie deal and sign for such. Or, he wont be on the team. If history says those are the only two outcomes, which would you bet on happening?
    @mcnamara247

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    with all this trade market chatter going on, do these guys ramp up their play in hopes of impressing others, or do they shrug their shoulders and pretty much go through the motions? Either way, its time to give Lewis adequate minutes for some meaningful on the job training.... we have to find out what we really have with him....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Lonzo and Redick on the Trade Market

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    with all this trade market chatter going on, do these guys ramp up their play in hopes of impressing others, or do they shrug their shoulders and pretty much go through the motions? Either way, its time to give Lewis adequate minutes for some meaningful on the job training.... we have to find out what we really have with him....
    Yep. Him and Naw better start playing at least 10 minutes starting tonight. Bayou Ron Jeremy, please move Bledsoe out of the starting lineup to run with the two?s to get his value up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sleeper; 01-27-2021 at 07:55 PM.

Trade them both for Beal and add some picks?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Trade them both for Beal and add some picks?
    I've said this as well. However if teams know he's on the outs and want a trade, we won't be able to compete with what some of these other teams have to offer. Draft capital is our only major benefit to offer in this situation

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    I've said this as well. However if teams know he's on the outs and want a trade, we won't be able to compete with what some of these other teams have to offer. Draft capital is our only major benefit to offer in this situation
    And even then... OKC can easily outbid us.

Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

If we can get that loyalty and Jimmy Butler Alpha attitude

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    And all I am saying is to judge "expected progression" with no bias or desire to see one effect over another. And that is hard for a fan to do...now imagine how much harder it is for the GM who drafted him to do. But if Griff hadn't drafted him, and he was the same player on another team, I bet you anything is projection for him wouldnt be as high. Almost every GM who took a kid in the 2019 and 2020 classes still believes their guy will blossom and make a significant contribution for their team. And about 6-8% of those guys will be right.
    But that makes sense to me. If a GM drafts a player with a certain vision for the player (and in this case, more of a longer term vision than an immediate return), I can see them waiting a bit longer to see if that vision pans out. Otherwise, they are admitting they should never have drafted a player with that vision in mind. It is easy for an outsider with no skin in the game to guess what the eventual outcome of a player will be based on statistical history, but if all GMs did that, their teams would be in a constant state of chaos and flux.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    But that makes sense to me. If a GM drafts a player with a certain vision for the player (and in this case, more of a longer term vision than an immediate return), I can see them waiting a bit longer to see if that vision pans out. Otherwise, they are admitting they should never have drafted a player with that vision in mind. It is easy for an outsider with no skin in the game to guess what the eventual outcome of a player will be based on statistical history, but if all GMs did that, their teams would be in a constant state of chaos and flux.
    We're in a constant state of flux. Zion is our longest tenured player

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    We're in a constant state of flux. Zion is our longest tenured player
    No we are not and not relevant to the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    No we are not and not relevant to the discussion.
    If you don't think a team that's had so much roster turnover that a 20 year old is their longest tenured player, and which has got a new GM, POBO, Coach, and training staff all within 20 months, and is now potentially looking to trade multiple starters, I'm not sure what does qualify as flux.

I think PF is referring to the flux of strategy and vision by a GM, which would then drive a constant shift in players to align with the changes. Whereas Griff+langdon have been largely consistent in strategy and vision.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    The Lakers trade was good. We got about as much as we could?ve hoped for. Only better trade would?ve been for Tatum, Brown and picks but Boston wasn?t giving us that haul.
    AD was clear he wasn?t going to stay in Boston if traded there and Kyrie was already flaking on Ainge.

More interesting question came later that offseason when Cs were interested in Holiday. Could we have pried Jaylen Brown from them in a deal for Jrue? Brown had struggled that season and been benched. He was a very unhappy camper. His future in Boston was seriously in doubt. Holiday averaged 20 points a game and was all defensive team. Would be interested to know how those talks went...

Out of all the trade rumors, I think I like these two the most:

Warriors: Lonzo & Melli

Pels: Oubre

Then

76ers: Redick

Pels: Mike Scott, Terrance Ferguson, Matisse Thybulle, & 2021 2nd round pick via Knicks

C: Adams, Hayes
    PF: Zion, Scott
    SF: Oubre, Thybulle, Ferguson
    SG: BI, Hart
    PG: Bledsoe, NAW, Kira

I saw another trade that was insane with us getting Dinwiddie in a JJ trade, but don’t think that would have a chance lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Out of all the trade rumors, I think I like these two the most:

Warriors: Lonzo & Melli

Pels: Oubre

Then

76ers: Redick

Pels: Mike Scott, Terrance Ferguson, Matisse Thybulle, & 2021 2nd round pick via Knicks

C: Adams, Hayes
    PF: Zion, Scott
    SF: Oubre, Thybulle, Ferguson
    SG: BI, Hart
    PG: Bledsoe, NAW, Kira

I saw another trade that was insane with us getting Dinwiddie in a JJ trade, but don’t think that would have a chance lol.
    I seriously doubt either team does this. Sounds good in theory however Redick's value doesn't warrant that package that we're getting back. I like Thybulle and Ferguson But for all three players PLUS a second rounder?? Yeah were gonna have to involve a pick. Lonzo and Melli for Oubre is definitely a longshot. Both Lonzo and Melli's value is insanely low. We would have to involve 2 picks for them to even glance at it.

Not sure if you've checked the discourse around Thybulle at all, but the Sixers value him highly. Not a chance in hell he's going into a trade just as a throw in for Redick.

I think this whole Oubre trade talk was more or less a smokescreen to drive up the price of Lonzo and Redick by Griff. So other teams will bring up their offers for them.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    I think PF is referring to the flux of strategy and vision by a GM, which would then drive a constant shift in players to align with the changes. Whereas Griff+langdon have been largely consistent in strategy and vision.
    Thank you. I did not think it was that confusing.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Nevermind
    Last edited by donato; 01-29-2021 at 09:11 AM.

Thread Information