Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: January 23rd - New Orleans Pelicans @ Minnesota Timberwolves - 5-9

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's depressing.

Honestly wish Jrue was still here. So badly lmao
    Jrue wasn’t perfect by any means, but he sure as hell wouldn’t stand for the way this BledZo backcourt is running the game. He would take the reigns for better or worse

The ugliest clank I ever heard man...

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Jrue wasn’t perfect by any means, but he sure as hell wouldn’t stand for the way this BledZo backcourt is running the game. He would take the reigns for better or worse
    For real. Remember when AD went baby-mode and everyone on the board was like ''ah well, time to lose everything'' but then Jrue just held everything together and even though we lost a lot, the team was playing hard and going for it every night. Jrue leading the way. Even last year when we were losing a ton, you could always trust Jrue to put in effort on D and drive (what happened when he got there was a different issue, and everyone and their mother complained about turnovers, but he still did it).

This team has no guard like that. At least, not in the rotation [play Kira]
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    How can these guys not make any 3's consistently?

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    PLAY KIRA. PLAY KIRA. PLAY KIRA.

Every game Zo/Bled doesn't get benched is an indictment on Stan

Look at the pressure Nickeil is putting on their ballhandler. Compare that to Ball and Bledsoe giving up free drives. Says it all. The effort just isn’t there from our starting backcourt.

The Franchise
    Ingram hasn't looked good in 3rd and 4th quarters as of late.. He needs to fix that.

I could only imagine if this team had KAT and DLo playing. We would be down 30. This team is atrocious

I'm convinced that this team does not practice or watch any film..just go straight to games and warmup.

Im not sure Lonzo gets more than 9 mil this year. He's a bust, through and through

Where you at Griffin... Glad, he didn't decide to do another media tour like he did last year and go into hiding from his ivory tower when we was 6-26....

For real. Remember when AD went baby-mode and everyone on the board was like ''ah well, time to lose everything'' but then Jrue just held everything together and even though we lost a lot, the team was playing hard and going for it every night. Jrue leading the way. Even last year when we were losing a ton, you could always trust Jrue to put in effort on D and drive (what happened when he got there was a different issue, and everyone and their mother complained about turnovers, but he still did it).

This team has no guard like that. At least, not in the rotation [play Kira]
    I’ve always heard that Bled is considered a bit of a negative Nancy, and that wouldn’t surprise me in the least. Jrue was a good presence in the locker room for sure

lol again jj is in no sight of Kira lmao we are tanking

I’ve always heard that Bled is considered a bit of a negative Nancy, and that wouldn’t surprise me in the least. Jrue was a good presence in the locker room for sure
    What's that?

Mr ''I Don't Want To Be Here'' is a bit of a sulker?

Shocked.

This is probably a game Melli should play...but he won't.

jj cant defend anybody and now cant even shoot why is he even in the nba

This may be a low point.

What's that?

Mr ''I Don't Want To Be Here'' is a bit of a sulker?

Shocked.
    Sigh

That is the worst type of presence to have amongst young players. It rubs off on everyone. We definitely need to avoid these guys in the future

And I love JJ. But why isn’t Kira playing in his stead? JJ just hasn’t earned any minutes. Like at all

Bright note: Like the general level of defensive intensity Zion is playing with tonite. Looks like a fire got lit under him

The annoying thing is that we're still only down single digits.

With our talent and their talent, if we played one really strong quarter (of the kind we played early season against, say, Toronto or Miami) we could still win this. But the team just doesn't look like they have that in them right now. No real will.

And I love JJ. But why isn’t Kira playing in his stead? JJ just hasn’t earned any minutes. Like at all
    Frankly, JJ's just about done.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    Bright note: Like the general level of defensive intensity Zion is playing with tonite. Looks like a fire got lit under him
    Oh for sure. His efficiency hasn't been where it normally is but he's clearly the guy (at least among the big minute guys) who cares most. He has 9 rebounds, for example: nobody else has more than 5.

That 3rd quarter was probably the ugliest basketball ive seen in sometime.

Thread Information