Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: January 23rd - New Orleans Pelicans @ Minnesota Timberwolves - 5-9

Not a quarter way into the season, franchise cornerstone level talent, headed for the lottery.

Pelslife
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Before that Pacers loss everyone was fighting for this team including Ingram. This team is desperate for a leader but all we have are locker room concerns and a horribly mismatched backcourt.
    Wasn't grit and competitiveness the reason we brought in Bledsoe and Adams?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    People need to chill out. Can't worry about every little thing.
    You just lost to a JV team

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    You just lost to a JV team

Next.

Pelicans Twitter is a savage wasteland. You have folks going for Griffs throat, then folks defending Griff are going at those folks necks, while Zo stans are going for the throats of anyone who will listen, and then people who aren?t down with SJWVG are saying he should focus his attention to the team, and I am just here wondering where is Ja?

Next.
    Gosh if we lose Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Pelicans Twitter is a savage wasteland. You have folks going for Griffs throat, then folks defending Griff are going at those folks necks, while Zo stans are going for the throats of anyone who will listen, and then people who aren?t down with SJWVG are saying he should focus his attention to the team, and I am just here wondering where is Ja?
    Pelicans Twitter is great because there's about 4 people who know anything about basketball and then like, a bunch of football guys who pay attention to basketball just enough to know we're losing but not nearly enough to understand anything about it, and then 50 million Lonzo stans who insist we're losing because he doesn't get 25 shots a game lmao
    Basketball.

Go read tiger droppings for entertainment

A lot of our former posters are on the TD now

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Pelicans Twitter is great because there's about 4 people who know anything about basketball and then like, a bunch of football guys who pay attention to basketball just enough to know we're losing but not nearly enough to understand anything about it, and then 50 million Lonzo stans who insist we're losing because he doesn't get 25 shots a game lmao
    And of those 4 people who know anything about basketball 2 of them actually know what they are talking about, the other two have degrees in English.

A lot of our former posters are on the TD now
    Some of those threads are quite impressive. “I find it hard to care about this team” guy, I don’t know him, but I feel him.

RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    The real comedy is Facebook fan pages...... That is like showtime at the Apollo loool

People need to chill out. Can't worry about every little thing.
    They really need a chill. Act surprised when a bad team loses to another bad team. We've only been doing it for 15 years lol

Exactly.

And of those 4 people who know anything about basketball 2 of them actually know what they are talking about, the other two have degrees in English.
    Eh, I have a degree in English and Philosophy and I know more about basketball than half the people on ''real hoopers hoop'' twitter lmao

I don't judge on that

Edit: Tim Duncan has a degree in psychology and he did classes in anthropology and Chinese literature. Basketball knowledge is available to all.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 01-23-2021 at 11:28 PM.

What this team could really do with right now is a little bit of a shakeup.

Make a trade. Ship Lonzo or Bledsoe out for the first reasonable offer you get. A team offers you a 10th man and a 2nd rounder for Lonzo? Do it. A top ten protected pick from a decent team for Bledsoe? Sure, have him.

They're not long term assets anyway, so use them to send a message to the team: if your name isn't Zion or Ingram, you can be out the door if you don't wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    They really need a chill. Act surprised when a bad team loses to another bad team. We've only been doing it for 15 years lol

Exactly.
    There is a thread for that too

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/...gals/94770005/

What this team could really do with right now is a little bit of a shakeup.

Make a trade. Ship Lonzo or Bledsoe out for the first reasonable offer you get. A team offers you a 10th man and a 2nd rounder for Lonzo? Do it. A top ten protected pick from a decent team for Bledsoe? Sure, have him.

They're not long term assets anyway, so use them to send a message to the team: if your name isn't Zion or Ingram, you can be out the door if you don't wake up.
    Isn't there a date when trades start?

Next.
    He is actually right

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    They've already started. Cleveland traded KPJ to Houston, Harden got traded to Brooklyn, etc etc. There's different rules for newly signed players, I don't remember when that deadline is, but you can trade most players already. Lonzo and Redick, for example, could go tomorrow.

Eh, I have a degree in English and Philosophy and I know more about basketball than half the people on ''real hoopers hoop'' twitter lmao

I don't judge on that

Edit: Tim Duncan has a degree in psychology and he did classes in anthropology and Chinese literature. Basketball knowledge is available to all.
    The comment about the English degree is to say they really don’t know basketball, they know how to write a good article. Sometimes a pen is just a pen.

The comment about the English degree is to say they really don’t know basketball, they know how to write a good article. Sometimes a pen is just a pen.
    And sometimes it's also a laser pointer.

I would assume that a guy like Griff is making these moves with the next move in mind, the problem is that next move requires a certain commodity (player, talent, contract) that might not be available in the window he is looking for. So where does that leave us other than with a team complied of randomly sparse roster that ain’t goin nowhere. Unless those commodities become available to us, we are going to waste Ingram and Zion’s talents) just as we did AD and CP3’s before them.

We are so hard to watch I make my children watch Pels games when they misbehave.

And sometimes it's also a laser pointer.
    True.

No slight against anyone with an English degree. I work in ibanking, and my boss has a degree in romantic literature.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    It’s already started. We traded Holiday

Thread Information