Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: January 19th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Utah Jazz - 5-7

Give the whole 4th quarter to....

Kira
    NAW
    JAX
    Zion
    BI

I don't care if we lose it 100 - 0; I just want to see some players who care.

looooooooooool

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Also, gonna point this out because it's a perennial problem for this team.

How do you go so long without Zion getting shots. Like, obviously when he's sat, he's sat, but when he's 8/12 or whatever he was earlier, how do you then decide to just not go back to him for three minutes of game time? What's the rationale there? It happens nearly every game, where he'll have a span of putting up points in bunches when everyone remembers he exists and tehn they all just decide not to pass to him for a few minutes and SVG runs nothing.
    Maybe because we have no offensive scheme or plays? Just players taking turns playing ISO with no shooters to bail them out.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Works for me. They wanna play their way to getting some Cade or Mobley action, I'm Gucci with that.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    I'm out. They need to make a trade badly.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

SVG looks lost and is lost. THe game has passed him by. We need young blood on the staff. The team just doesn't fit what SVG wants.

why did we fire gentry for this bs

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Works for me. They wanna play their way to getting some Cade or Mobley action, I'm Gucci with that.
    Cade, Mobley, Suggs, Springer, Sharife Cooper, Moses Moody, please, any of these names would help lmao
    Basketball.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    How did they get a coach worse than Gentry? This is unreal what we have endured as a fan base.

lol every play someone is lost on defense

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    why did we fire gentry for this bs
    Pretty much

This team will not excel until they find a coach.

Zion has at least 20 in 7 straight games now.

The mammoth mistakes we made in roster building last year is gonna take a while to course correct. Utah passing ability and our defense shrinks onto the perimeter too much. We don't have the length for us to constantly collapse in the paint as much we do. Sometimes it's just better to stick feet to the perimeter and give up open mid-ranges.

Utah's passing got us all discombobulated.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    This is not a fluke game. We suck like this every night.

Keep Kira, NAW, Ingram, Jax, Zion, and Adams. Literally everyone else can just go away.
    Jax can go as well for me.
    SIGN A SF

Byron Scott was not this bad

We’re just rope a doping them so we can surprise them in the next game.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    The mammoth mistakes we made in roster building last year is gonna take a while to course correct. Utah passing ability and our defense shrinks onto the perimeter too much. We don't have the length for us to constantly collapse in the paint as much we do. Sometimes it's just better to stick feet to the perimeter and give up open mid-ranges.

It's like stop the mid range at all cost, but open threes and driving are fine

lol

This team is always filled with empty stats. Always have two people on the team with a ton of points and an L. Something needs to change where other players get more usage.

With all those perimeter supposed shooters in Europe, you would think that Trajan could land just one not named Melli.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post

I mean, yeah, if you're looking for a bright side it's that at least Utah are a really good team. Would suck way worse if we looked this awful against a garbage heap team.

Our team looks afraid of the three point line.

They are going to ban this team from television. They get blown out every televised game.

Go get yours Zion, please put Kira in now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    This team is always filled with empty stats. Always have two people on the team with a ton of points and an L. Something needs to change where other players get more usage.
    Lmao it has nothing to do with other usage.

Who you gonna give the shots to? 2/8 Lonzo? 3/9 Bledsoe? 2/6 Redick?

The idea of a teams two best offensive players taking the majority of the shots is entirely normal and fine. The issue is that we have no real auxiliary offense. This team needs someone who can run a PnR consistently far more than it needs someone else to take 9 shots a night.

Thread Information