Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: January 17th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Sacramento Kings - 4-7

BI is disengaged? Zion doesn't look happy?

Wtf are yall talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    BI is disengaged? Zion doesn't look happy?

Wtf are yall talking about?
    I don't get it either. Are they supposed to be smiling after doing 30 minutes of competitive cardio. I know I ain't...

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    I'm worried Zion just isn't happy. Not necessarily NOLA. Just saying.
    I feel that vibe too. It's a subtle combination of tone, facial expression and words. Nothing overt, but you can feel it when he's interviewed.

But maybe that's just his personality

Also, Mac has made reference to a rift of some sort between Zion and the ball club which he never elaborated on. Saying they're "walking on eggshells" with him

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I don't get it either. Are they supposed to be smiling after doing 30 minutes of competitive cardio. I know I ain't...

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I feel that vibe too. It's a subtle combination of tone, facial expression and words. Nothing overt, but you can feel it when he's interviewed.

Also, Mac has made reference to a rift of some sort between Zion and the ball club which he never elaborated on. Saying they're "walking on eggshells" with him
    You generally aren't so quick to take MM's claims as gospel. Could it not just be confirmation bias, now that he's said something you already think, that leads you to believe he has something?
    Basketball.

We need to face the kings more often...it benefits both teams as well... Zion going off for us and Fox and Bagley going off for them

The Franchise
    Zion walks like a grumpy guy or mad little kid lol.. I think you guys are reading more into that. I see him annoyed with refs, that's about it.

That was back when. Burst Limit was done. The minutes fiasco is long gone.

Yea, Zion does sometimes come off as a little petulant. I think it’s his way of being hard on himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    That was back when. Burst Limit was done. The minutes fiasco is long gone.
    Yeah, that's all I ever heard. That he was annoyed at the minutes limit last season. Nobody I've seen has reported anything this year regarding a misalignment, a rift, a divide, a disagreement, or any other such thing.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Yea, Zion does sometimes come off as a little petulant. I think it’s his way of being hard on himself.
    Agreed.. I see him getting pissed at himself and refs. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You generally aren't so quick to take MM's claims as gospel. Could it not just be confirmation bias, now that he's said something you already think, that leads you to believe he has something?
    I don't think it's confirmation bias. Either what Mac said was the truth or a lie. I'm gonna assume he's not lieing on what is a factual and not subjective take.

There's either a problem with Zion and the club, or there isn't. No middle ground

What about that Jaxson Hayes short jumper huh?

Making all the doubters steadily eat their words.

y'all are fr weirdos. There's nothing there with Zion. Period.

What about that Jaxson Hayes short jumper huh?

Making all the doubters steadily eat their words.
    He's hit a few of those now, and has hit a small collection (I think 3? 2?) threes as well. Combine that with the fact that his form is good and he has good touch around the rim, I'm convinced he can be a reasonable shooter. He's not some KAT in waiting or anything, but I think he can be acceptable at hitting jumpers.

Zion did well

Kings are also historically the worst defensive team since they began keeping records

He's hit a few of those now, and has hit a small collection (I think 3? 2?) threes as well. Combine that with the fact that his form is good and he has good touch around the rim, I'm convinced he can be a reasonable shooter. He's not some KAT in waiting or anything, but I think he can be acceptable at hitting jumpers.
    If defenders have to start respecting Jax's outside game, that is a seismic shift on this team's ceiling

But Zion needs to shot threes to be good...

/sarcasm

This is after 49 combined minutes with only 2 turnovers in the Clippers game.

Yeah, NAW turned it over a bunch against LA but still, this is a good sign.

I don't think anyone doubt him, either.

Dae and I were pretty adamant on draft day that his form has great potential to be a reliable jumpshot.

His upside is still a great unknown. I think he can be a KAT. Form is good. Just takes reps and confidence. He's still only 20.

While he's hit some runner/push shots, this is the first time I've seen him hit a legit jump shot near the FT line.

Zion did well

Kings are also historically the worst defensive team since they began keeping records
    This is a fair point to make.

The Kings DRtg of 121.2 so far this season is not just the worst DRtg of all time, but it's the worst by a huge margin. They're 3.6 points per 100 worse than the next worst team, which is the 2018-19 Cavs. Followed by the 2020-21 Timberwolves.

His upside is still a great unknown. I think he can be a KAT. Form is good. Just takes reps and confidence. He's still only 20.

While he's hit some runner/push shots, this is the first time I've seen him hit a legit jump shot near the FT line.
    He Has a good form, but I don't think he'll be versatile in having a bag full of different shots like KAT or AD. I hope tho. I love Hayes.

I mean, KAT is the greatest big man shooter of all time, no offense to Dirk, so that's why I'm extremely hesitant to put Jax on that particular level.

Thread Information