Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: January 17th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Sacramento Kings - 4-7

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Agree with this assertion

I don't think it's any coincidence that his explosion is returning with him getting in better shape
    Don't forget that he was a legitimate 5/5 (could have been more) from the free throw line. His best overall game since last March (even if it was against the Kings).

Exactly. I alluded to this earlier in the thread
    Sorry, I haven't read the entire thread.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Sorry, I haven't read the entire thread.
    That probably sounded fairly pompous Sorry

Zion's FT form looked good, bending his knees like a champion

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    It's going to be really interesting to see what SVG does when Lonzo is back. If he inserts him back in the starting lineup, I might not watch the game.

Even when NAW/Kira aren't shooting well, they do other things you need guards to do.

If Lonzo can be traded now I pretty much do it for peanuts.
    In 48 minutes, the NAW / Kira combo gave us 10 assists and with no turnovers. Has Lonzo ever given us similar Per 48 Minute Production Numbers in these two categories?.

That probably sounded fairly pompous Sorry

Zion's FT form looked good, bending his knees like a champion
    No...I'm not offended at all. We're Good

NAW and Kira in the last 3 games:

- 128 minutes
    - 7 turnovers
    Basketball.

In 48 minutes, the NAW / Kira combo gave us 10 assists and with no turnovers. Has Lonzo ever given us similar Per 48 Minute Production Numbers in these two categories?.
    In the last 3 games, NAW and Kira have combined for 128 minutes and 7 turnovers. That's 1 turnover every combined 18.2 minutes.

Lonzo thus far this year has played 301 minutes and 26 turnovers. That's 1 turnover every 11.6 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    NAW and Kira in the last 3 games:

- 128 minutes
    - 7 turnovers

They’ve been great

Jax coming out the shell. Naw coming out the shell. Kira unzipping his wrapper a little.

Last 3 games, win or lose...has been great watches.

In the last 3 games, NAW and Kira have combined for 128 minutes and 7 turnovers. That's 1 turnover every combined 18.2 minutes.

Lonzo thus far this year has played 301 minutes and 26 turnovers. That's 1 turnover every 11.6 minutes.
    You can't blame Zo for turning it over a lot, being that he's really aggressive driving the lane and making plays in the heart of the defense

wait

If he has it's been inconsistent, if not existent at all.

But I can tell you what Lonzo gives this franchise NAW/Kira doesn't yet...website clicks, eyeballs on LP, and some merchandise sales. And folks from Griff's level on up pay attention to those things. This is a business.

So from that standpoint alone Lonzo will probably get more minutes than he deserves.

At best he'll take Kira's minutes off the bench. But I know it's going to be more than that. Which will urinate me off.

Already looking like a 10+year vet compared to Lonzo. Beautiful stuff.

Ingram doing a lot of ''no, I don't think I will pass'' tonight. Odd for him, he's been a great passer all year so far.
    That has a lot to do with coaching, Ingram is a very unselfish passer

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    That has a lot to do with coaching, Ingram is a very unselfish passer
    We just got rein in on the 4th Quarter ISO Ingram, but to be a championship caliber team. You need an elite ISO guy to take over games.

Granted.... We don't need a whole 8 minutes of ISO Ingram for him to develop and get better.

Glowing praise of Lewis at the very end

I really enjoy SVG interviews. Just very honest and unfiltered.

Guess whose a 40% 3 point shooter.

Bledsoe.

And unsurprisingly...

Lonzo is a whole 30%.... Bye Felicia Rubio.

I'm glad this board attraction to Ricky Rubio is dead.
    Last edited by Taker597; 01-18-2021 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post

Glowing praise of Lewis at the very end

I really enjoy SVG interviews. Just very honest and unfiltered.
    Almost makes me miss announcer Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Guess whose a 40% 3 point shooter.

Bledsoe.

And unsurprisingly...

Lonzo is a whole 30%.... Bye Felicia Rubio.

I'm glad this board attraction to Ricky Rubio is dead.
    Wouldn't it be the greatest present to us Pels fans if Lonzo never saw another minute in a Pels jersey?

Eh. This Lonzo bashing is getting a little out of hand. I don't think he's a longterm piece either, based on his performance to date, and I certainly wouldn't pay him anything approaching $20 million. But he's shown he can improve aspects of his game and I wouldn't totally discount the possibility that he could come back and play better than he has recently.

The key is achieving some consistency and where he is mentally. The last thing we (or any team) needs is a disgruntled role player who thinks he is a superstar. One thing that has stuck out to me since training camp is that Stan Van and Griff have spoken often of their vision of playing Lonzo off the ball, especially in half court sets as he doesn't drive to the hoop, isn't much of a threat in the pick and roll and not good from the line. Lonzo, on the other hand, still makes a point of referring to himself as "a point guard." It may be he is resisting the effort to make him into more of an off guard and doesn't want that role or doesn't think it's good for his NBA career.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Eh. This Lonzo bashing is getting a little out of hand. I don't think he's a longterm piece either, based on his performance to date, and I certainly wouldn't pay him anything approaching $20 million. But he's shown he can improve aspects of his game and I wouldn't totally discount the possibility that he could come back and play better than he has recently.

The key is achieving some consistency and where he is mentally. The last thing we (or any team) needs is a disgruntled role player who thinks he is a superstar. One thing that has stuck out to me since training camp is that Stan Van and Griff have spoken often of their vision of playing Lonzo off the ball, especially in half court sets as he doesn't drive to the hoop, isn't much of a threat in the pick and roll and not good from the line. Lonzo, on the other hand, still makes a point of referring to himself as "a point guard." It may be he is resisting the effort to make him into more of an off guard and doesn't want that role or doesn't think it's good for his NBA career.
    Agree. I am all for the Pels exploring a trade for Ball simply because I would not want to commit huge dollars to him on a long-term deal. However, he is not the unplayable bum many make him out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Agree. I am all for the Pels exploring a trade for Ball simply because I would not want to commit huge dollars to him on a long-term deal. However, he is not the unplayable bum many make him out to be.
    He is not completely unplayable: as champ details, there's an imaginable role in which he'd probably be actually fairly positive. The issue is that he doesn't seem to have any interest in playing that role, and instead forces himself into a position where he is clearly a negative.

The issue is in terms of role, opportunity cost (every minute you play him at PG is a minute you can't give Kira or NAW), and the impact he has on the team situation. He's not been very good this year, and that's just the reality of the situation. He wasn't very good last year either. Or the year before. At some point when a player continuously shows you nothing across various teams, coaches, team contexts, and roles, you have to just cut loose.

Everyone's said it: maybe when he's 26 or 27 he figures it out and starts dialing back the negatives and becomes a positive roleplayer elsewhere using his abilities to their best fit. But I'm not interested in paying him for the 3, 4, maybe 5 years it takes him to figure that out.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Nobody is making him out to be an unplayable bum. The issue is the other guards on this team are better at what this team needs and this team's future outside of Bledsoe.

And even Bledsoe just needs time to acclimate to a new team. He also has been playing very well lately.

Just watching Ben Taylor's latest video on Shaq's peak.

Fun fact: during the Lakers 3-peat, Shaq did not take a single shot outside of 15 feet in the playoffs.

Turns out that if you're a historically dominant interior scorer who can do work off the ball, you can be very good in the playoffs without jumpers. Wild.

Thread Information