Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: January 15th - New Orleans Pelicans @ LA Lakers - 4-6

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    I like Melli because he lets me know I should never give up on my dreams. I too can one day be charmin soft, ineffectual and shook in the dream profession of my choosing.
    lol!

Melli screened his own teammate! Man that guy is garbage

Why is Melli in the game?? Put in Hayes

Melli is just unplayable right now. Gabriel needs to hurry up and take those minutes.

He is pretty much unplayable. Not sure why Hayes is not getting some minutes instead of him to get some experience. Also, would be nice to see the game called evenly. Ingram and Zion have been getting mugged all game and Lebron and AD get FTs if someone breaths hard on them.

You know what I wish more teams would do? What the Celtics did when they got Javonte Green.

Is he good? No. He's not.

But if your 12th man is going to suck, you may as well look in the G league to find whoever is doing cool stuff and just give them 6 minutes every 5 games and tell them to go wild. Better than playing Melli. Both guys would suck but at least the G League wizard would be fun.
    Basketball.

The Franchise
    Not impressed with SVG. This team is no better than last season. Still bad defense, still can shoot free throws and still a turnover machine.

Quote Originally Posted by sting View Post
    Not impressed with SVG. This team is no better than last season. Still bad defense, still can shoot free throws and still a turnover machine.
    Still young team

Melli should be getting blisters on his buttocks from sitting on the bench. He is not an NBA-level player.

Griffin needs to go Europe and literally beg for Mirotic to comeback.

This Great Value Brand Mirotic just ain't it.

SVG stinks!! How can he not see that Melli needs to be on the bench!! I would rather see Hernangomez or Gabriel over him if he doesn’t want Hayes in there for whatever reason. The only thing Melli’s good for is being a stretch 4 and he can’t do that right now. His confidence is in the gutter and this is not the game to let him find it.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sting View Post
    I don't care about anything you just said. I care about what our youngest players do. The stats and the game results are the sprinkles. I can do without them. The cake beneath is the development of our core.

Won't get a full taste of that cake until more games are played. So far, I'm beginning to like the aroma coming out the oven.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Where is Hayes?!?! Melli stinks! We need to get a veteran backup power forward. I would like to see Gabriel?s game, but not in this game
    Give Cheick Diallo a 10 day contract. You know the guy will run is *** off. Can't be worse than Melli.

Never forget kicking Christian Wood to curb

Just woke up and know melli needs to be on the bench the biggest liability all facets of the games

I think melli is brought in to be a decoy, a white big that stays outside to fool teams in thinking he is a stretch big... stan sticking with him is a head scratcher as well.

You know, Josh Hart went out the game and appeared to be squawking at SVG early in the third, and he has not returned.

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    I think melli is brought in to be a decoy, a white big that stays outside to fool teams in thinking he is a stretch big... stan sticking with him is a head scratcher as well.
    It doesn't work. Guys literally leave him with 15 feet of space because he is not a threat to shoot in volume and he's not accurate enough for his small numbers to count, and nobody fears him putting the ball on the floor. A decoy that doesn't fool anyone is called a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post

Redick is 3/10 from 3 by the way. His struggles continue.

Our GM Griffin will be fired within the next 3 years...bank it. He hired SVG and selected the players

Zion up to 21/12/4
    Ingram has 20/3/5 with 2 steals

NAW had 10/2/2 in his 14 minutes on high efficiency (also fouls and turnovers like a machine but y'know, one step at a time)

Some fun stuff in the box score at least, even if we lose

Harrell killing Zion on the offensive glass!! That’s what Harrell is known for Zion!! Box him out please

SVG losing this team he better be careful.

This team is a turnover waiting to happen!! Unreal how much this team turns the ball over

Thread Information