Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: January 15th - New Orleans Pelicans @ LA Lakers - 4-6

Right now... Hart is the only priority in resigning. We got cap space.

Dump Melli,and Ball outright.

Only dump Bledsoe with a comparable Vet Guard.

Willy and Gab needs minutes.

All-Star
    I guess Melli was brought in to sell some jerseys overseas

Melli is basically just a salary to use to balance a trade. He is a throw in.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Right now... Hart is the only priority in resigning. We got cap space.

Dump Melli,and Ball outright.

Only dump Bledsoe with a comparable Vet Guard.

Willy and Gab needs minutes.
    I'm not even sold on Hart.

For this team, YES...ABSOLUTELY.

For a contending team, not so much,

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_CITY_BOI View Post
    I guess Melli was brought in to sell some jerseys overseas
    Melli was Trajan's get.

Melli was a big miss.

JJ is just a black hole.

When they get down, they stop attacking and start jacking.

Oh well next game they have a chance to win.

And NAW needs to remain a starter. You almost have no choice, but it's still a good choice.

Such a shame, should have been 6-2,ended up 4-4,now on the slide. Turnovers killing us. SVG offense is dinosaur age and young stars still learning to keep making the best play each possession even when momentum is with the other team. Still too early to tell but honestly our offense is soooo predictable I think it contributes to the turnover problem.

Kenny Hustle had 14 points tonight on 6/6 shooting, 2a, 2s

nice

When you lose a game in historic fashion as we did against Indy, it crushes you. Chances are we beat OKC and Charlotte if we win that game. Now we can’t buy a win because the confidence is completely gone. They are psychologically battered. Still, it could be a blessing in disguise if NAW and Kira start logging minutes. I’ll be satisfied if they keep playing

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    When you lose a game in historic fashion as we did against Indy, it crushes you. Chances are we beat OKC and Charlotte if we win that game. Now we can’t buy a win because the confidence is completely gone. They are psychologically battered. Still, it could be a blessing in disguise if NAW and Kira start logging minutes. I’ll be satisfied if they keep playing
    Play the rooks and keep increasing our lottery odds.

It's a no lose situation. The top 5 this class is loaded

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Play the rooks and keep increasing our lottery odds.

It's a no lose situation. The top 5 this class is loaded
    It’s just unfortunate that we couldn’t convince OKC to take Bledsoe. That is what will keep NAW and Kira from getting extensive minutes.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    It’s just unfortunate that we couldn’t convince OKC to take Bledsoe. That is what will keep NAW and Kira from getting extensive minutes.

hell no...NAW is and should be a starter on this team now no matter if bledsoe or lonzo is healthy....he need the mins to see if he can be consistent as a scorer so we can see if he is our 3rd scorer....naw need to move his feet on defense and not reach so much and cut down on the turnovers and he will be good...being a starter now will help him on that so SVG need to do the right thing and have NAW starting next to lonzo or bledsoe...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    hell no...NAW is and should be a starter on this team now no matter if bledsoe or lonzo is healthy....he need the mins to see if he can be consistent as a scorer so we can see if he is our 3rd scorer....naw need to move his feet on defense and not reach so much and cut down on the turnovers and he will be good...being a starter now will help him on that so SVG need to do the right thing and have NAW starting next to lonzo or bledsoe...
    You will find that professional sports don’t always work like that. Too much money is invested into Bledsoe. Lonzo is a different story however.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Even when we were up by 15 early, you could see that AD and LBJ were just going through the motions and trying to get other people involved. They were barely trying.

Once it got to about 4 minutes left until the half they were like "Ok, that's enough of that" and actually stated trying, and easily destroyed us. I mean, all LBJ has to do is drive and have someone in the vicinity and he is getting 2 free throws. There was zero chance we were ever winning that game, but I really hate LBJ and Co for teasing me like that.

This was Glass Joe vs Mike Tyson. We have so many problems lol

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Even when we were up by 15 early, you could see that AD and LBJ were just going through the motions and trying to get other people involved. They were barely trying.

Once it got to about 4 minutes left until the half they were like "Ok, that's enough of that" and actually stated trying, and easily destroyed us. I mean, all LBJ has to do is drive and have someone in the vicinity and he is getting 2 free throws. There was zero chance we were ever winning that game, but I really hate LBJ and Co for teasing me like that.

This was Glass Joe vs Mike Tyson. We have so many problems lol
    If there's one thing I've learned about that NBA, no game is ever over before half time, no matter the score discrepancy.

Good teams can just score so freakin fast

The main problems so far:

1. The return of bubble Lonzo. Pels needed Lonzo to progress, to build of his mid-season success last year. Instead he’s regressed. Still, early but the way he’s playing right now is hurting us both in the near and long term.

2. Melli & JJ. Two veteran players brought in by Griffin to anchor our second unit and provide 3 point shooting. Neither is producing. Melli has only shown occasional glimpses of even being an NBA player. Redick is a proven commodity but is in the worst shooting slump of his career, which is raising the issue of whether, at 36, he’s hit a wall and is a descending player. Too early to say that but he’s not giving us much and he was seen as a key piece of this roster.

3. Can’t Stop; Won’t Stop. Turning the ball over. Stan Van identified reducing turnovers as a key change the Pels needed make to be successful. Not happening yet. More concerning is that some of our key guys like Ingram are among the worst culprits, raising the question of whether they are refusing to modify their style of play to fit Van Gundy’s philosophy. The coach issued a pretty public warning about benching guys who continue to turn the ball over, but that seems like an empty threat and didnt have have any effect on the floor. Something to watch.

4. Energy. This team seems to go flat and sluggish for many stretches. If I didn’t know better I’d say they already look tired and have dead legs. The starters are playing a lot of minutes so that could be cause. But I also wonder if Stan Vans more demanding approach—mentally and physically—is generating fatigue, especially after playing under Gentry. Could be part of growing pains but we’ve seen this kind of thing head south in the past especially if a team is losing. Our key guys were all basketball prodigies, catered to from a young age. Interested to see how they handle hard coaching over time.

RE: JJ. Father time is undefeated. He is looking like he could be officially be done

We got the 6th best odds in the lottery now...our future pg is waiting there

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    We got the 6th best odds in the lottery now...our future pg is waiting there
    One can only hope for Jalen Suggs

Initially I was skeptical about Antonio Daniels but now I really enjoy his commentary. We definitely have the best announcers. I also like their objectivity.

And the refs were horrible in this game. Also good to see small improvements from Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    Also good to see small improvements from Hayes
    I agree. I hope to see more of his "face up game"...I always felt he could develop as a shooter (ala Anthony Davis). Before it's all over, he may settle into being a very good 4.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I agree. I hope to see more of his "face up game"...I always felt he could develop as a shooter (ala Anthony Davis). Before it's all over, he may settle into being a very good 4.
    If all goes well, he'll be a stretch 5 a la Gasol, Ibaka or Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    Initially I was skeptical about Antonio Daniels but now I really enjoy his commentary. We definitely have the best announcers. I also like their objectivity.
    I like him more than Wesley, although he can tend to repeat himself a bit. But he and Joel are a joy to listen to

They both bring colour and knowledge without being super cringe like the Toronto guys

******** they are insufferable

Thread Information